Mitt's Bain Capital leveraged buyout problem

As I understand it, the program has resulted in the F-35 fighters series, which will start operational service in 2016.. to replace our aging fleet of F-14, F-15 etc fighters.

So I'm not seeing your problem with it. Unless you just hate the military like a bunch of liberal pantywastes.

:lol:

Yeah..the Raptor ain't enough. Must be all those X-Wing Tie fighters that Al-Qaeda just purchased.

Why are we outsourcing ANYTHING regarding the military in the first place? There's like 500K or so people in it. Many of whom possess the very skill set necessary to do that sort of work.

Oh..um..could it be we had a vice president STILL receiving compensation from said company?

That doesn't sound corrupt to you?

:badgrin:

Ignorance, stupidity, and outright dishonesty. Just what one would expect from the far-left.

As I understand it, the program has resulted in the F-35 fighters series, which will start operational service in 2016.. to replace our aging fleet of F-14, F-15 etc fighters.

So I'm not seeing your problem with it. Unless you just hate the military like a bunch of liberal pantywastes.

Well, the military aren't even sure they want it. Are you saying the military are a bunch of military-hating liberal pantywastes?

Let's review some recent news, shall we?

I guess McCain is a military-hating pantywaste because he thinks the program is a "tragedy".

McCain calls F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program a 'tragedy'
By Josiah Ryan - 12/05/11 03:41 PM ET

Ranking member of the Senate Armed Services Committee John McCain (R-Ariz.) on Monday called the troubled F-35 Joint Strike Fighter jet program a "scandal" and "tragedy," and demanded greater accountability for the weapons system's maker, Lockheed Martin.

"The Joint Strike Fighter program has been both a scandal and a tragedy," said McCain from the Senate floor Monday. "[W]e are saddled with a program has little to show for itself after 10 years and $56 billion in taxpayer investment that has produced less than 20 test and operational aircraft."

In his speech McCain sketched the 10-year history of the embattled program, describing mechanical problems and budget overruns that have plagued development. The senior senator from Arizona also argued that the aircraft's manufacturer, Lockheed Martin, has charged the U.S. taxpayer vast sums for fixing problems that were in fact its own fault or that should have been included in original budget estimates.

"Lockheed Martin must be held increasingly accountable for cost overruns that come as a result of wringing out necessary changes in the design and manufacturing process for this incredibly expensive aircraft," said McCain.

The price tag for the first 28 plans went up 771M in one month alone (July, 2011). That's more than the entire Solyndra bankruptcy cost the government. They are paying for that by shifting money out of other programs. Do the people in those programs hate the military too? Is that why they are being cut for this one trillion dollar piece of Pork?

I think McCain is someone who just wants attention...

But to the point, didn't your boyfriend Sallow jsut get on here and say the program had a 356 BIllion dollar price tag, and your saying it has a 56 billion one.

I do think that there are a lot of problems with the entire military procurement system, having seen it as both a Supply Sergeant and working for companies that provide technology to the military...

THis has nothing to do with Solyndra, which was a political boondoggle based on fairy dust. The whole Solar Energy thing was proven impractical 40 years ago, but they keep trying to make it work.

Forum List

Back