Mitt's ACA lie

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
CBO: Repealing Obamacare would increase deficit by $109 billion | The Raw Story

He dodged the direct question about his plans and said we'd have to 'go on his website to read about it'. Problem with that is his website still has old lies up. They haven't changed to the new lies yet. Why won't these jokers just fess up?

Anyway, his ACA lie was part of that spiel - he said, very clearly, that repealing ACA would lower the deficit. Even those who are against getting good health care insurance know this is not true.

Repealing all of President Barack Obama’s health care law would increase the federal budget deficit by about $109 billion from 2013 to 2022, according to the Congressional Budget Office.

House Republicans have voted more than 30 times to repeal the Affordable Care Act, claiming the law will increase the deficit, hurt job growth, and make health care more expensive. But in a letter to House Speaker John Boehner (R-OH) the CBO explained that the latest repeal bill, H.R. 6079, would reduce spending by $890 billion but slash revenues by $1 trillion.

“Deficits would be increased under H.R. 6079 because the net savings from eliminating the insurance coverage provisions would be more than offset by the combination of other spending increases and revenue reductions,” CBO director Douglas W. Elmendorf explained.

Here's the letter that John Boehner has lied about -
CBO | Letter to the Honorable John Boehner providing an estimate for H.R. 6079, the Repeal of Obamacare Act

Anyone who believes the R is working for the good of the American people is not paying attention.

luddly, seriously - if preserving ACA is your biggest concern, you have nothing to fear from Romney. He'll do more to protect the interests of the insurance industry than Obama will, and he's not about to kill their golden goose. The only realistic threat to ACA at this point is strong opposition in Congress.

What you should be worried about with a Romney victory is the resurgence of the neo-cons (as though Obama isn't already 'neo-con' enough).

I've said repeatedly that ACA will not be repealed. That was not the subject of this thread. The various LIES were the subject. Are you saying you're okay with those lies?

Did you see the outright lie from Boehner?

Did you read the letter I linked to?

I've said repeatedly that ACA will not be repealed. That was not the subject of this thread. The various LIES were the subject. Are you saying you're okay with those lies?

Did you see the outright lie from Boehner?

Did you read the letter I linked to?

Actually, no. I take it for granted he's lying. And, no. It's not ok.

Forum List

Back