Mittens says he won't release more than one more return

Minimum OBLIGATION is ZERO. All the law actually requires is that he file certain forms and info with Congress. No law requires him to release ANY of his tax returns, which are private and personal.

Try to wake up.

1978 Ethics in Government Act

You would think Mitt and the Republicans would WANT to be honest. All that talk about transparency and Obama's "Birth Certificate".

Guess it was just "talk".

Ethics in Government Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Here Derp, please point out the section that requires the release of a candidate's tax returns. I'll be damned if I can find it...

Ditto here. I couldn't find it.

You would think Mitt and the Republicans would WANT to be honest. All that talk about transparency and Obama's "Birth Certificate".

Here Derp, please point out the section that requires the release of a candidate's tax returns. I'll be damned if I can find it...

Like I said in the post above:

Requires men and women in the public service sector to fill out financial disclosure forms which include the sources and amounts of income, gifts, reimbursements, the identity and approximate value of property held and liabilities owed, transactions in property, commodities, and securities, and certain financial interests of a spouse or dependent.

Where does that information come from? Duh!

Requires men and women in the public service sector to fill out financial disclosure forms which include the sources and amounts of income, gifts, reimbursements, the identity and approximate value of property held and liabilities owed, transactions in property, commodities, and securities, and certain financial interests of a spouse or dependent.

Where is it?

Mitt Romney (R-Mass) | Personal Finance Disclosure | OpenSecrets

Here you go, all filled out and filed just like the law requires.

Next?

Right,
Release all his tax records, so the left can light into him and tear him a new ass h--- with a whole bunch of spins and lies and attacks.
The left are all upset because he plays the counter political game right back at them.
They are upset because his tax return will be released in Oct. from a legal tax extension.
It doesn't give them time enough to spin the political counter attacks does it?

On which lines of your tax return do you list the identity and approximate value of property held and liabilities owed, transactions in property, commodities, and securities?

Be specific.

That's two more than Obama's college grades.

And you care about Obama's grades, why?

Why were the left so concerned about Bush and his versus Kerry?

Try again.

I never cared about Bush or Kerry's grades.

The only reason anyone I know cared about Bush's grades is that he was jumped over thousands of others who were brighter and could afford to go. This was a case of "Affirmative Action" for rich white people. Even Bush's father said he had to "pull strings".

Just like with John McCain. Graduated 5th from the BOTTOM out of 899 cadets. His father and grandfather were admirals. McCain benefited by them pulling strings. 5TH FROM THE BOTTOM. That's like the most stupid person in every class he was in.

Republicans only like Affirmative Action if it's for rich white people. The only people who deserve such help.

On which lines of your tax return do you list the identity and approximate value of property held and liabilities owed, transactions in property, commodities, and securities?

Be specific.

Try, "sources and amounts of income". You have seen a tax return? If you get disability, do you still have to pay? I don't know. I'm guessing you might.

Right,
Release all his tax records, so the left can light into him and tear him a new ass h--- with a whole bunch of spins and lies and attacks.
The left are all upset because he plays the counter political game right back at them.
They are upset because his tax return will be released in Oct. from a legal tax extension.

Well, at least no one is saying he's from "Kenya".

Mitt Romney (R-Mass) | Personal Finance Disclosure | OpenSecrets

Here you go, all filled out and filed just like the law requires.

Next?

Did you miss this post, RDerp??

Be specific.

Try, "sources and amounts of income". You have seen a tax return? If you get disability, do you still have to pay? I don't know. I'm guessing you might.

Your return asks you the identity and value of your home? That's funny, mine didn't.

Your return asks you what your debts are? That's funny, mine didn't.

I don't remember having to put it on my return when we bought our house cash. What line was that supposed to go on?

And I guess I really fucked up by only reporting the income from our stocks and CD's, instead of listing the whole year's worth of transactions that led up to that income.

O'Malley: McCain Saw Romney's Tax Returns And He Chose Palin

McCain Saw Romney's Tax Returns And He Chose Palin

"But why would you pick somebody — why would you pick Palin over Romney?" he asked.

"His failure to release those is a bit of an implicit admission of...guilt," he added, portraying Romney's own individual wealth as the result of the trickle-down theories he advocates for the rest of the country. "There might not be anything illegal about any of it, but it's certainly not a good economic theory — unless you're a Romney."

"When Mitt Romney had the opportunity to avoid paying taxes, he took full advantage of it," O'Malley said. "It didn't result in job creation here at home, it resulted in Swiss bank accounts, it resulted in shell corporations in the Bahamas, it resulted in Cayman Island accounts."

Mitt Romney the Presumptive Republican nominee ...

McCain knew better, now it is time for the Republicans to do the same.

O'Malley: McCain Saw Romney's Tax Returns And He Chose Palin

McCain Saw Romney's Tax Returns And He Chose Palin

"But why would you pick somebody — why would you pick Palin over Romney?" he asked.

"His failure to release those is a bit of an implicit admission of...guilt," he added, portraying Romney's own individual wealth as the result of the trickle-down theories he advocates for the rest of the country. "There might not be anything illegal about any of it, but it's certainly not a good economic theory — unless you're a Romney."

"When Mitt Romney had the opportunity to avoid paying taxes, he took full advantage of it," O'Malley said. "It didn't result in job creation here at home, it resulted in Swiss bank accounts, it resulted in shell corporations in the Bahamas, it resulted in Cayman Island accounts."

Mitt Romney the Presumptive Republican nominee ...

McCain knew better, now it is time for the Republicans to do the same.

Ah yes, the words of the head of the Democratic Governors Association.

No partisanship there, right??

Right,

Well, at least no one is saying he's from "Kenya".

Mittens daddy was born in Mexico.
The Majority of the right wing are not saying that they believe he was born in Kenya.
Stop labeling all right wingers as saying this.
You left get all upset when the right label you lefties as everyone, so stop doing the same thing to the right.

Be specific.

What line on the 1040 does it ask for that?

www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f1040.pdf

The chairman of the board of supervisors in my town flew off the handle when a resident questioned his taxes during a township meeting. The supervisor waited until after the meeting to ream the guy out but ream he did. The supervisor seemed to think that HIS taxes were none of OUR business. Um, hello? You work for us so yeah, it is our business. Said supervisor is now serving 4 years for tax evasion, amongst other things.

Mitt is running on his business experience and all so yeah, I think he should release them regardless of whether he "has" to or not. He should release half dozen returns because to not do that makes it look like he has something to hide.

Obama ran on how smart he was (he referred to himself as a constitutional law professor after all) and transparency (remember that? :lol:) and by the same token should release all of his college records because by not doing so it makes it look like he has something to hide.

To both sides: claiming that "taxes or grades are private" but then expecting/demanding the other guy release their info is just retarded. Either they both release info they've been holding onto or neither does.

Romney's tax returns get the same scrutiny by the IRS as anybody else's, and who knows.. perhaps more. Just because federal employees aren't supposed to look doesn't mean they don't, as we saw in 2008 when passport information was viewed improperly by State Department personnel.
Passport Security Breach on McCain, Clinton & Obama - ABC News

If there was something wrong with Romney's returns, we'd have already heard about it. This is just a an effort on the part of Democrats to plant unwarranted suspicions in the minds of voters.

Forum List

Back