Mittens is rewriting history

The middle class boat is sitting on the bottom of the ocean and GOPers are still spewing tricle down economics and riasing tide lifts all boats BS.

I've always been fascinated by the "rising tide raises all boats" metaphor used by some on the Right. When the tide raises the boats, is the water coming from above or below?

Just sayin'.

Metaphor stretch spotted. Take evasive action.

As opposed to the class warriors, actual people understand that a growing economy is growing for almost everyone. Of the people in the lowest 10% of income earners in 1975, they were all among the top 30% by the 1990s.

Except Romney is right.
The Owebama crowd has fallen for their Big Lie: It's all Bush's fault.

It is pitiful that Owebama blames everyone and everything for his failures. We have never had such an immature and incompetent president. Come January I'll enjoy seeing his sorry ass returned to private life in total electoral disgrace and the adults back in charge.

You MUST have been asleep during the Bush II years "WMD'S, POISED TO STRIKE! "...WAITING ON A MUSHROOM CLOUD"! "I'M TAKING HIM OUT!" Then the flyboy photo op, Bush II was a disgrace.

Reagan got reelected with high unemployment, but he had more "TV show" appeal than Obama; it is too late to blame Bush for high unemployment, a lot of the extra debt is his, but NOT 8.0%+ jobless.[/QUOTE]

Reagan got reelected because he'd done the work to get us out of the economic funk that Jimmy Carter had left the country in. He tightened up the money supply and got the rampant stagflation under control (which led to higher unemployment) and then he cut taxes and the economy was starting to grow noticably by this time in his first term. People reelected Reagan because they could SEE that he had a plan and that it was working.

UNEMPLOYMENT, Reagan:

1981 7.6
1982 9.7
1983 9.6
1984 7.5
1985 7.2
1986 7.0
1987 6.2
1988 5.5
1989 5.3

Romney the Liar

1. Bush, Cheney, and Rove had NOTHING to do with the economic crisis we were confronting on 20 January 2009.

2. It is 100% Barack Obama's fault that we are still in difficulty.

3. Obama gets no credit for ANYTHING positive that has happened economically.

And Mittens actually pulled the trigger that killed bin Laden.

No, he hasn't actually said that yet, but he probably will. He is the puppet of the GObP Nazis and will say whatever they tell him to say.

He must think ALL Americans are idiots. Or maybe that we just weren't here to see it for ourselves. And, definitely that there is no internet and no records.

Here's the rest of this ridiculous History According To Mittens

The Romney campaign’s Great Historical Rewrite - The Plum Line - The Washington Post

Call Romney "Mittens" is the same sad reaction as calling the President "Odumber". Nor is the GOP made up of "Nazis".

The middle class boat is sitting on the bottom of the ocean and GOPers are still spewing tricle down economics and riasing tide lifts all boats BS.

I've always been fascinated by the "rising tide raises all boats" metaphor used by some on the Right. When the tide raises the boats, is the water coming from above or below?

Just sayin'.

A rising tide lifts all boats - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The phrase is attributed to John F Kennedy[1], who used it in a 1963 speech to combat criticisms that a dam project he was inaugurating was a pork barrel project.[2

Once again, Luddly...you amuse.

Did you even read the blog you cite? After going on about Mitt Romney's camp "rewriting" history when claiming that Barack Obama's policies hadn't helped with job creation, the author of that blog admits the following:

"And no, that doesn’t constitute making excuses for Obama: There’s no quibbling with the fact that his policies have not created jobs at the pace we would have hoped."

The fundamental problem for even the most ardent Obama supporter still remains that Barry's policies HAVEN'T created jobs. You don't come up with a new economic statistic "jobs saved" if your policies HAVE created jobs. You come up with that statistic if you've FAILED to create jobs and want to obscure that fact with a number that can't be verified...which is exactly what the Obama camp did. THEY are the ones who are really trying to rewrite history.

Reagan got reelected with high unemployment, but he had more "TV show" appeal than Obama; it is too late to blame Bush for high unemployment, a lot of the extra debt is his, but NOT 8.0%+ jobless.

Really? We were losing 700,000 jobs a month when Bush left office and yet Bush doesn't get blamed for our unemployment? How do you figure?

Obama has had three years, three months to work on the economy. (Great to be disliked by BOTH "left" and "right".):eusa_whistle:

Just sayin'.

I believe that the "rising tide raises all boats" metaphor was how John F. Kennedy described how HIS tax cut would help all Americans. Last time I checked JFK wasn't on "the Right".

Just sayin'.

Just sayin'.

I believe that the "rising tide raises all boats" metaphor was how John F. Kennedy described how HIS tax cut would help all Americans. Last time I checked JFK wasn't on "the Right".

Just sayin'.

Don't care. I'll leave the origin for the partisans to quibble over. My post discusses the use of the metaphor. Since Kennedy is currently dead and unavailable for comment, I can't ask him.

Except Romney is right.
The Owebama crowd has fallen for their Big Lie: It's all Bush's fault.

It is pitiful that Owebama blames everyone and everything for his failures. We have never had such an immature and incompetent president. Come January I'll enjoy seeing his sorry ass returned to private life in total electoral disgrace and the adults back in charge.

You MUST have been asleep during the Bush II years "WMD'S, POISED TO STRIKE! "...WAITING ON A MUSHROOM CLOUD"! "I'M TAKING HIM OUT!" Then the flyboy photo op, Bush II was a disgrace.

Link?
You are a dumbshit. Neg rep for stupidity and irrelevant post.

Just sayin'.

Just sayin'.

Don't care. I'll leave the origin for the partisans to quibble over. My post discusses the use of the metaphor. Since Kennedy is currently dead and unavailable for comment, I can't ask him.

Oh, so you attribute a quote to "the Right" that was actually a quote from one of the "icons" of the Democratic Party...but you don't want to quibble over the origin of the quote?

You look rather foolish...just sayin'.

Speaking of re-writing history.... remember this one?

"Selma got me born." :lmao: Still makes me laugh..... but I can do basic math.

Romney the Liar

And Mittens actually pulled the trigger that killed bin Laden.

No, he hasn't actually said that yet, but he probably will. He is the puppet of the GObP Nazis and will say whatever they tell him to say.

He must think ALL Americans are idiots. Or maybe that we just weren't here to see it for ourselves. And, definitely that there is no internet and no records.

Here's the rest of this ridiculous History According To Mittens

The Romney campaign’s Great Historical Rewrite - The Plum Line - The Washington Post

Once again, Luddly...you amuse.

Did you even read the blog you cite? After going on about Mitt Romney's camp "rewriting" history when claiming that Barack Obama's policies hadn't helped with job creation, the author of that blog admits the following:

"And no, that doesn’t constitute making excuses for Obama: There’s no quibbling with the fact that his policies have not created jobs at the pace we would have hoped."

The fundamental problem for even the most ardent Obama supporter still remains that Barry's policies HAVEN'T created jobs. You don't come up with a new economic statistic "jobs saved" if your policies HAVE created jobs. You come up with that statistic if you've FAILED to create jobs and want to obscure that fact with a number that can't be verified...which is exactly what the Obama camp did. THEY are the ones who are really trying to rewrite history.

You don't think a job saved means anything? Either to the person whose job it is, or to the economy?

I think the entire "jobs saved" thing is complete bullshit quite frankly, Carbineer. I think it was a number that people in the Obama Administration invented to try and mitigate the damage from how few jobs their stimulus actually created...a number that was impossible to verify or to quantify.

If people like you REALLY cared about people's jobs you'd be asking Barack Obama why he wasn't doing more to CREATE jobs for the 13 million plus Americans that are currently unemployed.

Every job in America was saved by Obama. If you spin enough that's what you get. I mean, he didnt tax or regulate it out of existence. Therefore he saved the job.
Just like taking less of someone's income is a favor to them, an act of generosity that has to be repaid somehow.

Lefties have so much experience rewriting history that they can spot it in a second.

You made the accusation, give examples, if you can.

What's funny is one of the first comments below the article, a question was asked, "What would have Romney done different?"

Like Biden said, "Gm would be dead and Bin Laden would be alive".

Worse, Romney screams that the Olympics are "proof" that he knows what he is doing. The funny part is watching him thank the senate for the many hundreds of millions of dollars they GAVE him, everything he wanted. Course, it was a Republican senate. If they aren't spending, they are moving the burden to the middle class or apologizing to BP.

Really? We were losing 700,000 jobs a month when Bush left office and yet Bush doesn't get blamed for our unemployment? How do you figure?

That was 3 years ago. What has Owebama done since then?
We didnt have downgraded credit and 1.3T deficits when Bush left office either. Yet somehow that's still Bush's fault.
Owebama: The child president. Nothing is his fault.

Oh you mean from the same credit agencies who rubberstamped anything the big banks pushed? Fuck you for being that gullible and partisan.

You seem to be the gullible one here, fuckwad.

Reagan got reelected with high unemployment, but he had more "TV show" appeal than Obama; it is too late to blame Bush for high unemployment, a lot of the extra debt is his, but NOT 8.0%+ jobless.

We didnt have downgraded credit and 1.3T deficits when Bush left office either. Yet somehow that's still Bush's fault.

You can't fix 30 years of Reaganomics in 3 years.

Eight years of Bill CLinton was, what?
Obama has fixed 7 years of Bush prosperity, but good.

Eight years of Bill CLinton was, what?
Obama has fixed 7 years of Bush prosperity, but good.

The economy crashed under Bush, the only people to prosper under Bush were the rich.

Forum List

Back