Mittens and the to-become Misses struggled to get by at BYU

Romney Sold Stock To Pay for College

They were not easy years. You have to understand, I was raised in a lovely neighborhood, as was Mitt, and at BYU, we moved into a $62-a-month basement apartment with a cement floor and lived there two years as students with no income. It was tiny. And I didn’t have money to carpet the floor. But you can get remnants, samples, so I glued them together, all different colors. It looked awful, but it was carpeting.
We were happy, studying hard. Neither one of us had a job, because Mitt had enough of an investment from stock that we could sell off a little at a time. The stock came from Mitt’s father. When he took over American Motors, the stock was worth nothing. But he invested Mitt’s birthday money year to year—it wasn’t much, a few thousand, but he put it into American Motors because he believed in himself. Five years later, stock that had been $6 a share was $96 and Mitt cashed it so we could live and pay for education.
Mitt and I walked to class together, shared housekeeping, had a lot of pasta and tuna fish and learned hard lessons.
High light the convenient points, not the entire point.
Good job Mr PhD!

Does she not think a few thousand dollars as an annual birthday gift isn't much?

What is the point, exactly?

That's NOT what the article says.

I'm sorry, but what do the English words "—it wasn’t much," in this phrase mean:

But he invested Mitt’s birthday money year to year—it wasn’t much, a few thousand,

?

Quotations?

Being a spoiled rotten snob isn't a "style of living", its an attitude.

Why would I attack him or anyone for seeking legal tax havens? I do the same thing myself.

1) spoiled rotten snob? So you hate kennedys,gores, udalls,kerrys/heinzes and roosevelts, as well?

Whenever you're ready to supply quotations indicating any of those folks have snobby attitudes I'd love to read them! Thanks!

2)so you agree taxes are too high?
No.

How about Charles Rangel when he said he doesn't deal in average citizens. And the left loves him.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog...el-twt-i-dont-deal-average-american-citizens/

Last edited:
Even if I could give my kids $10,000 a year now that they are in college, it wouldn't go far. Rent is $500- $800 for a tiny place, gas prices are up, groceries cost more than ever and then there are clothing and other expenses. People making that amount are considered poor and receive welfare benefits these days.

Mitt received these "few thousand" dollar birthday gifts "year-to-year" BEFORE he went to college, while still living at home. If you gave your kid 20k on his 16th birthday while he's still living under your roof and almost entirely on your dime and he gave you them impression he thought it wasn't much money, would you not beat the crap out of him?

You think they struggled? What are you, a moron? He didn't have to WORK a day in college! What planet are you on?

I don't know why you are making such a fuss over this. Had they not had that few thousand a year, they would have been in dire straits. Are you just pissed because they didn't have to live on the street?

Did you read the article? Its a few thousand a year (year-to-year) BEFORE Mitt went to college, invested in stock that went from 6 to 96 dollars share. In today's money that's probably well over a million dollars to go to school on.

so a few thousand then is a few million now? I doubt it's that, may wanna check your figures, and you can double check your arguments as well

My lord you are a fucking retard. would you just shut the fuck up, take your meds, and go back to your room?

1) spoiled rotten snob? So you hate kennedys,gores, udalls,kerrys/heinzes and roosevelts, as well?

Whenever you're ready to supply quotations indicating any of those folks have snobby attitudes I'd love to read them! Thanks!

2)so you agree taxes are too high?
No.

How about Charles Rangel when he said he doesn't deal in average people. And the left loves him.

Q: Do you know what a quotation is?

Mitt received these "few thousand" dollar birthday gifts "year-to-year" BEFORE he went to college, while still living at home. If you gave your kid 20k on his 16th birthday while he's still living under your roof and almost entirely on your dime and he gave you them impression he thought it wasn't much money, would you not beat the crap out of him?

You think they struggled? What are you, a moron? He didn't have to WORK a day in college! What planet are you on?

Did you read the article? Its a few thousand a year (year-to-year) BEFORE Mitt went to college, invested in stock that went from 6 to 96 dollars share. In today's money that's probably well over a million dollars to go to school on.

so a few thousand then is a few million now? I doubt it's that, may wanna check your figures, and you can double check your arguments as well

My lord you are a fucking retard. would you just shut the fuck up, take your meds, and go back to your room?

haha you're hilarious. dude what is your problem that the stock went up? or the money he made off of it?
did ou get mad when hillary clinton urned $1000 to $100000 in cattle futures?

We have fun because you make no sense. So what is it you dont like abou it?

haha you're hilarious. dude what is your problem that the stock went up? or the money he made off of it?
did ou get mad when hillary clinton urned $1000 to $100000 in cattle futures?

We have fun because you make no sense. So what is it you dont like abou it?

You can't hold a thought for more than a single post.

What a sorry sack of shit you are.

“They were not easy years. You have to understand, I was raised in a lovely neighborhood, as was Mitt, and at BYU, we moved into a $62-a-month basement apartment with a cement floor and lived there two years as students with no income.
$62 in the late 60's is worth about $400 today.

My apartment in college was about the same, $325 in 1999ish, so about $400 now. It wasn't the lap of luxury but in no way did it cause "not easy years". Jesus this lady is a whining spoiled bitch!

“It was tiny. And I didn’t have money to carpet the floor. But you can get remnants, samples, so I glued them together, all different colors. It looked awful, but it was carpeting.

“We were happy, studying hard. Neither one of us had a job, because Mitt had enough of an investment from stock that we could sell off a little at a time.

“The stock came from Mitt’s father. When he took over American Motors, the stock was worth nothing. But he invested Mitt’s birthday money year to year — it wasn’t much, a few thousand, but he put it into American Motors because he believed in himself. Five years later, stock that had been $6 a share was $96 and Mitt cashed it so we could live and pay for education.

“Mitt and I walked to class together, shared housekeeping, had a lot of pasta and tuna fish and learned hard lessons.
If I'm ever well off enough to give my son " a few thousand" 1960's dollars every year for his birthday, which is a few TENS of thousands in today's dollars, I'm going to make goddamn sure he knows how lucky he is, and I would never let him marry a woman so spoiled rotten and out of touch that she would call a few thousand dollars given as a BIRTHDAY GIFT. "not much money"

Mitt Romney and Ann: the students “struggling” so much that they had to sell stock. « The Reality-Based Community

$400 a month doesn't cover parking in San Francisco. Even if your numbers are right, which I seriously doubt, your post is a failure. They did not have money, they had stock. They had money a few years later when they sold the stock.

“They were not easy years. You have to understand, I was raised in a lovely neighborhood, as was Mitt, and at BYU, we moved into a $62-a-month basement apartment with a cement floor and lived there two years as students with no income.

$62 in the late 60's is worth about $400 today.

My apartment in college was about the same, $325 in 1999ish, so about $400 now. It wasn't the lap of luxury but in no way did it cause "not easy years". Jesus this lady is a whining spoiled bitch!

“It was tiny. And I didn’t have money to carpet the floor. But you can get remnants, samples, so I glued them together, all different colors. It looked awful, but it was carpeting.

“We were happy, studying hard. Neither one of us had a job, because Mitt had enough of an investment from stock that we could sell off a little at a time.

“The stock came from Mitt’s father. When he took over American Motors, the stock was worth nothing. But he invested Mitt’s birthday money year to year — it wasn’t much, a few thousand, but he put it into American Motors because he believed in himself. Five years later, stock that had been $6 a share was $96 and Mitt cashed it so we could live and pay for education.

“Mitt and I walked to class together, shared housekeeping, had a lot of pasta and tuna fish and learned hard lessons.

If I'm ever well off enough to give my son " a few thousand" 1960's dollars every year for his birthday, which is a few TENS of thousands in today's dollars, I'm going to make goddamn sure he knows how lucky he is, and I would never let him marry a woman so spoiled rotten and out of touch that she would call a few thousand dollars given as a BIRTHDAY GIFT. "not much money"

Mitt Romney and Ann: the students “struggling” so much that they had to sell stock. « The Reality-Based Community

Damn are you fucking stupid. It wasn t a few thousand every year. It was a few thousand total.
Your inability to read and draw reasonable conclusions marks you as having sub par intelligence.

I'm not attacking anyone for being rich, turd brain I'm attacking someone for thinking a few thousand dollars every year as a BIRTHDAY gift is NOT MUCH. (that's a few ten thousand a year in today's money)

<snip>

Romney Sold Stock To Pay for College

They were not easy years. You have to understand, I was raised in a lovely neighborhood, as was Mitt, and at BYU, we moved into a $62-a-month basement apartment with a cement floor and lived there two years as students with no income. It was tiny. And I didn’t have money to carpet the floor. But you can get remnants, samples, so I glued them together, all different colors. It looked awful, but it was carpeting.
We were happy, studying hard. Neither one of us had a job, because Mitt had enough of an investment from stock that we could sell off a little at a time. The stock came from Mitt’s father. When he took over American Motors, the stock was worth nothing. But he invested Mitt’s birthday money year to year—it wasn’t much, a few thousand, but he put it into American Motors because he believed in himself. Five years later, stock that had been $6 a share was $96 and Mitt cashed it so we could live and pay for education.
Mitt and I walked to class together, shared housekeeping, had a lot of pasta and tuna fish and learned hard lessons.
High light the convenient points, not the entire point.
Good job Mr PhD!

Does she not think a few thousand dollars as an annual birthday gift isn't much?

What is the point, exactly?

You are aware of course that according to the Left 20 thousand a year for a family of 2 is poverty level right? Did you not get the memo?

Forum List

Back