Mitten, Projected Winner in NH

Your crack analysis seems to have missed a few points:

1. Not every Republican voter is as much of a bigot as you.
2. It's a PRIMARY, which is different than a general election.
3. He's got the highest percentage as the first choice, but still a minority and that's how diverse primaries always are.
4. He's not perfect but he's better than Obama. To anyone but you it seems.

1. It's not bigotry to judge someone on silly or crazy beliefs. Crazy and silly beliefs do not become less silly or crazy because you call them "a religion". And a lot of Republicans, Democrats and Independents really, really think Mitten's religion is crazy and silly.

2. It's a primary, but here's the thing. Only about as many people voted in 2012 as 2008- about 234K. So while Romney got a slightly larger percentage against the non-entities this time than he got against the serious candidates that ran last time, it means that there isn't all that much enthusiasm. Ron Paul went from 8% last time to 21% this time.

3. These primaries aren't "diverse". In 2008, you had McCain, Thompson, Guliani, and Huckabee. Some real serious candidates. Now what you have are a bunch of has-beens, most of whom haven't held office in a while, and he isn't anywhere near a majority in a state (liberal) that should favor him.

4. I don't see much difference between him and Obama on policy. I think Obama is a more moral person. But as far as campaigning goes- Obama went from being a back-bencher in the IL legislature to President in about four years. Romney has been running for stuff since 1994, and has only won one election against a non-entity a decade ago.

If he has a hard time with Crazy Ron Paul and Santorum, Obama's going to clean his clock.

If Mitt really did win the election, he would be the one I'd be least fightened with. I know he is fooling Republicans with his pandering tho. He will not send troops into anywhere without a lot of persuading, healthcare is pretty safe with him in the WH, I don't think he is willing to push for taxing the middle class while allowing the very wealthy to benefit from the unfair tax codes.

I would prefer Huntsman but Romney is pretty stable.

That said, I still believe Obama gets another 4 years regardless of who wins.

Time to line up behind Ron Paul if you wish to stop Romney!

They won't even let Ron Paul speak at the Republican convention. The votes for Paul are simply a message that voters are sick of the R extremist platform. Newt, Perry, Santorum really sunk like rocks, didn't they?

If Mitt really did win the election, he would be the one I'd be least fightened with. I know he is fooling Republicans with his pandering tho. He will not send troops into anywhere without a lot of persuading, healthcare is pretty safe with him in the WH, I don't think he is willing to push for taxing the middle class while allowing the very wealthy to benefit from the unfair tax codes.

Please. What do you base that on?

Romney is just as likely to get us in to a war as any of these other guys. If Haliburton and Israel want a war in Iran, we'll get a war in Iran.

If Obama doesn't get us into one first.

Romney is just as likely to get us in to a war as any of these other guys. If Haliburton and Israel want a war in Iran, we'll get a war in Iran.

Past performance. I believe that was the real Mitten.

How does his past performance indicate how he will act in a war? There's really no data.

I do agree, if your goal is to maintain the road to socialized medicine, Romney's probably the guy because he doesn't mean what he says on the subject.

How does his past performance indicate how he will act in a war? There's really no data.

I do agree, if your goal is to maintain the road to socialized medicine, Romney's probably the guy because he doesn't mean what he says on the subject.

He's a Mormon, he can't possibly believe that war is a solution to anything.

He's a Mormon, he can't possibly believe that war is a solution to anything.

You think Mormons are pacifists? I think you have them confused with some other whacky cult.

If that ends up being the case, we can live with that. At least there is cloud over where He was Born, or where His Allegiance lies. :lol: We know His Union is the USA. :lmao: :razz:

Where was he born?

He doesn't look American to me

Detroit, so don't Fuck with him. :D

He doesn't look American to me, especially from Detroit. Nobody from Detroit needs to be told how to dress and act so that he doesn't look like a geek. I suspect he was born across the river in Canada

What ever happened to the Anybody but Mitt movement?

looks like Mitt is the best candidate Republicans have to offer

No, he's the best of a very shabby bunch of candidates. The best of what's currently on offer is not the 'best candidate Republicans have to offer'. Logic, use it.

No, he's the best of a very shabby bunch of candidates. The best of what's currently on offer is not the 'best candidate Republicans have to offer'. Logic, use it.

He is the best of those who are not too afraid to run against Obama

If that ends up being the case, we can live with that. At least there is cloud over where He was Born, or where His Allegiance lies. :lol: We know His Union is the USA. :lmao: :razz:

Where was he born?

He doesn't look American to me
Why, Mexico of course :D : Rock Center with Brian Williams - On assignment: Meeting Mitt Romney's relatives in Mexico
I am feeling exceedingly morose about this.

There is a simple solution to this.

Don't put your faith in a leader. Put your faith in yourself and God.

It doesn't matter who the President is if we prepare ourselves and do our duty.

Right. Because believing in invisible sky pixies is always helpful...

And YET, you base whether or not to vote for him based on what myth he adheres to\ :cuckoo: :eusa_hand:

Time to line up behind Ron Paul if you wish to stop Romney!

They won't even let Ron Paul speak at the Republican convention. The votes for Paul are simply a message that voters are sick of the R extremist platform. Newt, Perry, Santorum really sunk like rocks, didn't they?

I don't think it's that simple... I think the message is that the GOP won't be getting about 5-10% of the vote they would have in the GE. This all depends on how long Paul stays in the race and blah blah blah.

with 26% of the vote in, Romney has about 18K votes.

Assuming that holds, he'll have about 72K votes total....

In 2008, he got 75K votes.

Probably less than he got in 2008.

39.3% and 97,532.

He's improved dramatically among a larger field. You suck at predicting.

He is the best of those who are not too afraid to run against Obama

Since when is fear the only thing that would stop someone from running?

Forum List

Back