Mitten, Projected Winner in NH

What ever happened to the Anybody but Mitt movement?

looks like Mitt is the best candidate Republicans have to offer

No, he's the best of a very shabby bunch of candidates. The best of what's currently on offer is not the 'best candidate Republicans have to offer'. Logic, use it.

He is the best of those who are not too afraid to run against Obama
There should be NO ONE that should be afraid of Obama.

He's easily beatable.

No, he's the best of a very shabby bunch of candidates. The best of what's currently on offer is not the 'best candidate Republicans have to offer'. Logic, use it.
BOLO on Herman Cain who is going to make an announcement tomorrow from Orlando, Fl...He might get back in it is postulated...

Herman Cain returns with no endorsement, to make announcement

BOLO on Herman Cain who is going to make an announcement tomorrow from Orlando, Fl...He might get back in it is postulated...

Herman Cain returns with no endorsement, to make announcement

even he isn't that stupid

or maybe he is

with 26% of the vote in, Romney has about 18K votes.

Assuming that holds, he'll have about 72K votes total....

In 2008, he got 75K votes.

Probably less than he got in 2008.

39.3% and 97,532.

He's improved dramatically among a larger field. You suck at predicting.

To be fair, predicting the future is extremely difficult. Especially when strong emotions are involved. They tend to blind us.

with 26% of the vote in, Romney has about 18K votes.

Assuming that holds, he'll have about 72K votes total....

In 2008, he got 75K votes.

Probably less than he got in 2008.

39.3% and 97,532.

He's improved dramatically among a larger field. You suck at predicting.

Not really. That's still pretty pathetic. It's less than what the polls had him at.

In 2008, he was running against real competitors- McCain, Thompson, Guliani, Huckabee. If any one of them was running this time, they'd be the frontrunner.

Now, as everyone reminds me, he's running against jokes like Santorum and Paul. And he's doing scarcely better than he did 4 years ago. Worse- for an election where people just can't wait to throw out Obama, there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of people lining up to throw out Obama. Participation in these things are down.

There is a simple solution to this.

Don't put your faith in a leader. Put your faith in yourself and God.

It doesn't matter who the President is if we prepare ourselves and do our duty.

Right. Because believing in invisible sky pixies is always helpful...

You'll never know the value of faith in God till you try it.

He's very helpful.

I did try it. And realized it was bullshit when praying to the saints and holding the rosary didn't do a damned thing for my mother's cancer.

I was done after that. Now it's only a thing to be mocked.

Right. Because believing in invisible sky pixies is always helpful...

You'll never know the value of faith in God till you try it.

He's very helpful.

I did try it. And realized it was bullshit when praying to the saints and holding the rosary didn't do a damned thing for my mother's cancer.

I was done after that. Now it's only a thing to be mocked.

I've tried it too, for many years. I believe things happen as they will, any prayers answered are coincidental. Not that I feel superior to anyone who still believes faith in God actually solves things.

I kind of like the angel concept though so I'm not a completely lost soul. It's tough figuring out how it all works without the blind faith factor.

Who will be Romney's challenger?

Challenger implies that this isn't a rigged game from the start.

He gets 24% in one state and 35% in another, and they are ready to declare him the winner.

They said on MSNBC that this is the first time an R has won both Iowa and NH. He could take it to 3 or possibly 4 in a row. He will then be the projected nominee.

Sarah you listen to too much of what the media tells you.

People don't seem to understand how the electoral process works in this country. It's all about the delegates. If Gingrich, Santorum, and Perry all drop, which is likely considering they won't have the clout and the funds to continue, that will leave Romney and Paul. Paul will always have the money, and has an organization this year that is probably only 2nd to Romney.

What is very possible is a brokered convention, with Paul holding enough delegates to keep Romney under the required amount. At that point there will be wheeling and dealing at the RNC over platforms, VP, speeches, etc.

Romney doesn't seem likely to run away with delegates. All accounts out of Iowa show that Paul actually had the majority of delegates elected to the next level of conventions there. And there are only certain states where popular vote winner takes all delegates. Most of them have proportional awarding, or a long convention process.

Seriously, stop listening to the media, they aren't teaching you anything.

Last edited:
What is very possible is a brokered convention, with Paul holding enough delegates to keep Romney under the required amount. At that point there will be wheeling and dealing at the RNC over platforms, VP, speeches, etc.

Romney doesn't seem likely to run away with delegates. All accounts out of Iowa show that Paul actually had the majority of delegates elected to the next level of conventions there. And there are only certain states where popular vote winner takes all delegates. Most of them have proportional awarding, or a long convention process.

And here's the problem.

I don't want Ron Paul to be the nominee any more than I want Romney. (Sorry, Paulites. Your guy is nuts.) But if it comes down to him and Romney by the time the Clown Car rolls around to IL, I'll vote for Paul as a protest vote.

Paul is playing heavily in caucus states, because he does well in caucuses. He's anglign to get enough delegates to get his issues on the platform committee.

Think 1992, and Bush the Elder trying to heal the rift in the party by giving Patzenfuhrer Buchanan a speaking role at the convention, and he started ranting about "Sodomites". Meanwhile, all the people who supported Buchanan on trade and deficit issues (his valid points) had already moved on Ross Perot.

Challenger implies that this isn't a rigged game from the start.

He gets 24% in one state and 35% in another, and they are ready to declare him the winner.

They said on MSNBC that this is the first time an R has won both Iowa and NH. He could take it to 3 or possibly 4 in a row. He will then be the projected nominee.

People don't seem to understand how the electoral process works in this country. It's all about the delegates. If Gingrich, Santorum, and Perry all drop, which is likely considering they won't have the clout and the funds to continue, that will leave Romney and Paul. Paul will always have the money, and has an organization this year that is probably only 2nd to Romney.

I don't rely on media, Paulie. You need to step back away from Paulites for a second and take a look. Cons will never allow Paul to win the nomination.

I don't rely on media, Paulie. You need to step back away from Paulites for a second and take a look. Cons will never allow Paul to win the nomination.

I don't even know how you can make this claim. He's keeping pace on the delegate count. He's the only guy who can stay in the race until the end to challenge Romney. He can continue to run ads in all the states to shed light on the hypocrisy of the other candidates and put them out of contention for delegates early enough to be able to grab most of them for himself and make it a brokered convention.

He's got too much support and organization for the establishment to be able to marginalize him this time around.

Take a look at what's already been happening. Paul came to Romney's defense lately on issues, and has been calling him after primaries to congratulate him, and Romney and his PACs have been hands off on Paul in negative ads.

Something is going on between the two of them, and it's likely the beginnings of getting ready for cutting some deals.

Forum List

Back