Mitt to ask everyone to stop talking about his business and tax returns

Romney Asks Obama To Stop Attacking His Business And Taxes | TPM2012

The claim that he hasn't gone after the president personally is also hysterical. But even funnier: he wants his tax returns and tenure at Bain off the table.

You can't make this stuff up.

Can't make it up? Well, no 'you' can't... but you are quite happy to believe any old crap your media feed you. Don'y you ever tire of being told what to think? It would irritate the crap out of me.

Right wing media doesn't tell you how to think, it tells you how to feel.

I wouldn't know... I rarely read either side's 'sources'. I find them inaccurate, partisan, and, most importantly, ill-informed. My choice. I don't read crap. Except on this board... I really need to fix that.

What questions are not allowed of the ONE?

What questions are not allowed, period?

I have a "liberal type" question for Obama

Where did you get those ears? How do we know that Obama is not a Romulan from Kenya??

Yeah, it sounds stupid, but why can't we ask that question?

Well since we have a good taste of what Obongo is willing to do, Romney needs to take the gloves off and start fighting back.
We all knew Obama would be trying to deflect from his horrible economy, but we didn't realize he would be using the slimy gutter dishonest tactics to go after Romney on a personal level.

Well since we have a good taste of what Obongo is willing to do, Romney needs to take the gloves off and start fighting back.
We all knew Obama would be trying to deflect from his horrible economy, but we didn't realize he would be using the slimy gutter dishonest tactics to go after Romney on a personal level.

Romneys solution to the horrible economy is to raise taxes on the middle class and poor.

Romney is running a much classier campaign than Obama's smearfest.

It shows to the character of both men.

Yup. He could be running all kinds of ads with Pastor Wright screaming sh*t or da*n.. Or he could be running ads with Ayers admitting he had a relationship with Obama.. Or he could be running ads demanding Obama's College records.. And on and on and on..

Yup. He could be running all kinds of ads with Pastor Wright screaming sh*t or da*n.. Or he could be running ads with Ayers admitting he had a relationship with Obama.. Or he could be running ads demanding Obama's College records.. And on and on and on..

Or he could just lie.

Or he could just lie.

He doesn't want to stoop to Obama's level.

Or he could just lie.

So you support him telling the truth on those things? Duly noted.

What questions are not allowed of the ONE?

What questions are not allowed, period?

I have a "liberal type" question for Obama

Where did you get those ears? How do we know that Obama is not a Romulan from Kenya??

Yeah, it sounds stupid, but why can't we ask that question?

I was trying to think of something witty to add to that, but the only thing that kept running through my brain was Eddie Murphy's routine, "You married a Bigfoot, didn't ya, Gus?!"

:lmao:

HuffPo’s Sabrina Saddiqui sums it up nicely:

Mitt Romney appears to be seeking an agreement with the Obama campaign to remove his business record from the conversation, a sign that the repeated attacks on his tenure at private equity firm Bain Capital may be getting under the presumptive Republican presidential candidate’s skin.

The Dem strategy all along has been to leave Romney with nothing left about himself to talk about.

Happy Hour Roundup - The Plum Line - The Washington Post

“Our campaign would be — helped immensely if we had an agreement between both campaigns that we were only going to talk about issues and that attacks based upon — business or family or taxes or things of that nature,” Romney said, according to excerpts of an upcoming interview with NBC’s Chuck Todd released Friday.

Romney said he would prefer the campaigns “only talk about issues,” and claimed that “our ads haven’t gone after the president personally. … We haven’t dredged up the old stuff that people talked about last time around. We haven’t gone after the personal things.”

The claim that he hasn't gone after the president personally is also hysterical. But even funnier: he wants his tax returns and tenure at Bain off the table.

Of course he does! If it's off the table, then his so-called great business experience which supposedly will help the economy is too. That doesn't leave him with much. When I stop laughing about his request, maybe I'll post more.:D

BOSTON -- Top aides to the GOP's presumptive nominee Mitt Romney were at a loss today to explain the candidate's recent slide in a series of national polls which show Romney dropping anywhere from seven to nine points behind the president as the nominating conventions approach at the end of this month.

"It’s the middle of summer. It’s the doldrums. It’s the middle of the Olympics,” a senior Romney adviser told reporters gathered for a briefing at the campaign's Boston headquarters. “There's not been any national news, anything that would push these numbers from minus-three to minus-nine points. That's a huge shift. You have to have some kind of precipitating event to move numbers like that."

As we noted this morning, three national polls released late this week -- from CNN, Fox and Reuters/Ipsos -- all show Romney slipping out of the margin of error nationally in his effort to unseat the president.
[Editor's Note*** This is the good part}
With reporters gathered to learn more about Romney's swing-state bus tour this weekend, a top adviser dismissed the slip in polling as a function of voters simply not paying full attention to the race yet, and predicted polls next week could just as easily show the GOP nominee-in-waiting tightening up the race, but couldn't identify any event that could have caused a real shift in voter sentiment, dismissing even the impact of the candidate's recent foreign trip as "negligible."

The shift also comes as a barrage of swing-state TV ads have hammered Romney on taxes and his business record. Romney, of course, is also on the air with his campaign and outside groups supporting him maintaining a 2-to-1 spending advantage over President Obama and his allies.

"Mark my word guys, there will be another couple of polls next week that show something, potentially show something different,”
said the senior adviser. “I don't know. It’s just-- it’s unlikely that--. People are not paying as much attention to this process as we think they are, as we'd like them to.”

Advisers to Romney also used this morning's gathering of reporters as an opportunity to hit back against a recent ad from the pro-Obama Super PAC Priorities USA, which indirectly ties Romney to the cancer death of the wife of a steelworker laid off when Bain Capital acquired his business.

This was a Senior Adviser to Mitt Romney? ""Mark my word guys, there will be another couple of polls next week that show something, potentially show something different," I think it's safe to say that they are not suffering from overconfidence.

Romney is jogging for President alright.

“Our campaign would be — helped immensely if we had an agreement between both campaigns that we were only going to talk about issues and that attacks based upon — business or family or taxes or things of that nature,” Romney said, according to excerpts of an upcoming interview with NBC’s Chuck Todd released Friday.

Romney said he would prefer the campaigns “only talk about issues,” and claimed that “our ads haven’t gone after the president personally. … We haven’t dredged up the old stuff that people talked about last time around. We haven’t gone after the personal things.”

i can see where mitt would find people talking about his lack of disclosure a bit uncomfortable.

but can you imagine how bad what's in them must be for him to take this kind of heat?

Forum List

Back