Mitt........Tighty Whities

Ironic to think the Lefties call us Righties "bigots".

How is it bigotry to call a spade a spade?

who are you and what have you done with OCA? :beer:

Fall 2008 my dear, fall 2008 changed everything. I'm one of the smart ones who knows when his ideology has had its ass kicked and am intellectual enough to step back and take a second look.

What I found is that top down never works and deregulation will be the death knell.

Now I take delight in winding up the Neocons who refuse to accept reality, who want to go back to failed policies.

Liability, what do you think of the media double standard that allows for Obama to be attacked on religion, but not Romney?

I know, I know, why am I asking. Liability is always going to adore the double standards of our nutty conservative national media.

The liberal media failed at attacking Romney on his religion not because they didn't try, but simply because Romney has lived a life dedicated to charity and helping others. Obama on the other hand couldn't even find it within himself to help his brother or aunt who are living in poverty.

How is it bigotry to call a spade a spade?

who are you and what have you done with OCA? :beer:

Fall 2008 my dear, fall 2008 changed everything. I'm one of the smart ones who knows when his ideology has had its ass kicked and am intellectual enough to step back and take a second look.

What I found is that top down never works and deregulation will be the death knell.

Now I take delight in winding up the Neocons who refuse to accept reality, who want to go back to failed policies.

Yes of course, a legend in your own mind.

Sorry kid....nothing you type makes anyone think you are smart :)

4410177192_580898_408217359236628_1867919038_n_xlarge_zpsb790c1ef.jpg

Liability, what do you think of the media double standard that allows for Obama to be attacked on religion, but not Romney?

I know, I know, why am I asking. Liability is always going to adore the double standards of our nutty conservative national media.

The liberal media failed at attacking Romney on his religion not because they didn't try, but simply because Romney has lived a life dedicated to charity and helping others. Obama on the other hand couldn't even find it within himself to help his brother or aunt who are living in poverty.

Actually, it's more along the lines of, people are generally reluctant to scrutinize religion in general.

The Mormons have really learned how to manipulate this and escape any scrutiny as to how batsheet crazy their beliefs are.

Actually, it's more along the lines of, people are generally reluctant to scrutinize religion in general.

The Mormons have really learned how to manipulate this and escape any scrutiny as to how batsheet crazy their beliefs are.

Patently untrue.

There thousands of good sources from which ANYONE can find out what they believe.

What they believe is immaterial to anything, your hysteria not wothstanding.

Said hysteria is silly, the checks and balances in place will keep poor Joey safe from the boogey believers of all stripes.

[

Patently untrue.

There thousands of good sources from which ANYONE can find out what they believe.

Said hysteria is silly, the checks and balances in place will keep poor Joey safe from the boogey believers of all stripes.

Yes, there are good sources. Here's on on Mormonism from an ex-Mormon that puts it perfectly.

Mormonism In A Nutshell

If somebody should come around to you and say, very seriously, that:

God has been talking personally to him; and

he has an important message for YOU from GOD (even though you know that God has your address and phone number and could easily give you the message himself); and

the message is that God wants you to do whatever this guy says;

which includes giving this guy lots of money, time and energy to help him; and

if you do this, wonderful things will happen to you, but mostly after you're dead; and

God has told him all kinds of important stuff (but not how to cure AIDS, or cancer, or the common cold; or how to pick a stock that will double in a year; or how to pay off the national debt); and

It's OK for him to be married to 30 or 40 women at the same time (but it's not OK for YOU); and

You're not supposed to ask him any questions, but just trust him; and

If you do everything he says, he'll tell you the secret password and handshake that will get you into Heaven; and

Then, after you die and go to Heaven, you will organize and rule your own world and billions of your own spirit children (even though right now you can't even organize your own desk top, you hire somebody else to prepare your tax return and repair your carburetor, you have absolutely no interest in astronomy, quantum physics or advanced math, and you can't control the three kids you have);

If somebody tells you all this,
SHOULDN'T YOU BE A LITTLE BIT SUSPICIOUS?
Chances are pretty good that he is either a lunatic or a fraud, AND YOU SHOULD RUN LIKE HELL!

But this is Joseph Smith's story, in a nutshell.

- Richard Packham

[

Patently untrue.

Yes, there are good sources. Here's on on Mormonism from an ex-Mormon that puts it perfectly.

Mormonism In A Nutshell

If somebody should come around to you and say, very seriously, that:

God has been talking personally to him; and

he has an important message for YOU from GOD (even though you know that God has your address and phone number and could easily give you the message himself); and

the message is that God wants you to do whatever this guy says;

which includes giving this guy lots of money, time and energy to help him; and

if you do this, wonderful things will happen to you, but mostly after you're dead; and

God has told him all kinds of important stuff (but not how to cure AIDS, or cancer, or the common cold; or how to pick a stock that will double in a year; or how to pay off the national debt); and

It's OK for him to be married to 30 or 40 women at the same time (but it's not OK for YOU); and

You're not supposed to ask him any questions, but just trust him; and

If you do everything he says, he'll tell you the secret password and handshake that will get you into Heaven; and

Then, after you die and go to Heaven, you will organize and rule your own world and billions of your own spirit children (even though right now you can't even organize your own desk top, you hire somebody else to prepare your tax return and repair your carburetor, you have absolutely no interest in astronomy, quantum physics or advanced math, and you can't control the three kids you have);

If somebody tells you all this,
SHOULDN'T YOU BE A LITTLE BIT SUSPICIOUS?
Chances are pretty good that he is either a lunatic or a fraud, AND YOU SHOULD RUN LIKE HELL!

But this is Joseph Smith's story, in a nutshell.

- Richard Packham

I don't share your bigotry Joe, I also don't share your lack of understanding of the Constitution.

I also am able to look at a man and not see his color, his religion or his sexual preferences.

[

I don't share your bigotry Joe, I also don't share your lack of understanding of the Constitution.

I also am able to look at a man and not see his color, his religion or his sexual preferences.

Race and sexual orientation (not "preferences", another RW Lie word) aren't choices.

Religion is a choice.

If you believe that Joseph Smith was talking to God, I simply can't trust your judgement on other things. If you can't pass the simple test of reason, I'm not going to trust you with the more complicated ones like, "Should we go to war with Iran or not?"

[

Race and sexual orientation (not "preferences", another RW Lie word) aren't choices.

Religion is a choice.

If you believe that Joseph Smith was talking to God, I simply can't trust your judgement on other things. If you can't pass the simple test of reason, I'm not going to trust you with the more complicated ones like, "Should we go to war with Iran or not?"

(smile) I don't care what you trust and what you don't.
I have no beliefs either way, and I don't judge another man his.
Unlike you I don't need to judge or feel superior to anyone else...
You aren't as "intelligent" as you believe....and ego is a dangerous thing....it blinds you to any reality other than the one you choose to create :)

Tuesday is up for grabs despite your protestations otherwise...

[

Religion is a choice.

You aren't as "intelligent" as you believe....and ego is a dangerous thing....it blinds you to any reality other than the one you choose to create :)

actually, it's really not. The GOP truly fucked up when it nominated a Weird Mormon Robot. All the polls are swinging Obama's way.

Probably will be over by 10 PM.

And I will feel VASTLY superior to Mormons afterwards.

Religion is a choice.

actually, it's really not. The GOP truly fucked up when it nominated a Weird Mormon Robot. All the polls are swinging Obama's way.

Probably will be over by 10 PM.

And I will feel VASTLY superior to Mormons afterwards.

LOL....too funny Joey...you are not very bright...but then we knew that.

Forum List

Back