Mitt Romney's secret affair (with Mitt Romney..shhhh)

At an “Ask Mitt Anything” forum this morning in Iowa, former Gov. Mitt Romney (R-MA) was asked about why his sons have not served in the military. His response:
My sons are adults. They’ve chosen not to serve in the military in active duty and I respect their decision in that regard. … And one of the ways my sons are showing support for our nation is helping me get elected because they think I’d be a great president.

Romney equates sons' campaigning to military service.

Such a supporter for Iraq. But he was "more important".

At an “Ask Mitt Anything” forum this morning in Iowa, former Gov. Mitt Romney (R-MA) was asked about why his sons have not served in the military. His response:
My sons are adults. They’ve chosen not to serve in the military in active duty and I respect their decision in that regard. … And one of the ways my sons are showing support for our nation is helping me get elected because they think I’d be a great president.

taken alone that was a stupid thing to say but, I want to see the whole quote please, they have inserted ... between "that regard" and "and one of the ways"below, the link under the highlighted 'response as in his words, doesn't work. so go get it and post it please.

This is a perfect example of what I hate about people on both sides of the aisle.

An edited soundbite does not a point make.

I didn't join the military - that was a choice I made as an adult, just like Romney's sons. I can't fault him for that, and the fact that all anyone cares about now are "gotcha" moments depresses me to no end.

This is a perfect example of what I hate about people on both sides of the aisle.

I didn't join the military - that was a choice I made as an adult, just like Romney's sons. I can't fault him for that, and the fact that all anyone cares about now are "gotcha" moments depresses me to no end.

Europe is blowing up, Putin just slagged another news agency and is a shoo in for 10 years, the Chinese economy has slowed....*shrugs* slow news day ;)

taken alone that was a stupid thing to say but, I want to see the whole quote please, they have inserted ... between "that regard" and "and one of the ways"below, the link under the highlighted 'response as in his words, doesn't work. so go get it and post it please.

Yeah..it was a stupid thing to say.

Gosh..if Obama said anything close to that..there would be a thread 300 pages long in no time around here..

And Rush, FOX propaganda and the rest of the right wing noise factory would be bleating this for weeks.

Europe is blowing up, Putin just slagged another news agency and is a shoo in for 10 years, the Chinese economy has slowed....*shrugs* slow news day ;)

I was talking to my girlfriend, who is Chinese, about this. The factories that were moved there from America, are desperate because demand from America is low.

Gotta love it.

I was talking to my girlfriend, who is Chinese, about this. The factories that were moved there from America, are desperate because demand from America is low.

Gotta love it.

"I was talking to my GF who is uhm, you know, [wink wink] Chinese"

:lol::lol:you're a fucking riot I swear to god. Does your GF have some back door to the Chinese cabinet? She a reporter for the South China Morning Post?

so its only the factories that belong to the evil rich that are hurting eh? not becasue oh their housing is in a bubble that is popping, their banks are now begging to get hammered ala loans for skyscrapers no one rents office space in, despite reserve requirements bing lowered for its commercial banks and total investment/GDP ratio reached an alarming 48.5%, their 700 Billion high speed rail that now needs 350 Billion in repairs and the general world wide slow down...nope, its because the Yankee factories are hurting.....have another drink. PLEASE come back, post some more.

Actually, this is one of the reasons why I can't support Mittens. That he makes an idiotic statement like this and thinks it's okay.

Say what you want about them, McCain and Palin both had kids in the military serving in Iraq. They were putting their money where their mouth is.

This is why I am kind of sorry we got rid of the draft. I don't think these politicians would be so keen to start wars if their own kids were going to be fighting in them.

Forum List

Back