Mitt Romney's Hospital Comment 'Frightening' To Uninsured Woman

Lianne Valenti said she finds Romney's comment "frightening."

Valenti, who is 47 and lives in Long Beach, Calif., knows what Romney's talking about better than Romney does, thanks to firsthand experience. She lost her job last year, and her health insurance along with it. In the fall, she started feeling mild chest pains. Researching online, she figured the problem was gallstones. She tried cheap alternative remedies instead of going to the doctor.

She had a friend take her to the hospital, where she said doctors told her she'd suffered a heart attack and almost died.

An example of the republican ‘let them die’ healthcare ‘plan.’

Well it's kind of what liberals want to do with entitlements....no reform...just keep on, keepin on.......wither on the vine is the plan o democrat

original.jpg

Romney Supporter Wears 'Put The White Back In The White House' T-Shirt At Ohio Campaign Event (PHOTO)

Keep using debunked faked photos. Please. I enjoy reminding the board that you're a liar regurgitating lies.

By Arthur Delaney

Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney says that thanks to hospitals, Americans who lack health insurance don't have it so bad.

"We don't have a setting across this country where if you don't have insurance, we just say to you, 'Tough luck, you're going to die when you have your heart attack,'" Romney told The Columbus Dispatch on Wednesday, explaining why repealing President Obama's health care reform law would not result in catastrophe for sick people who can't buy insurance.

"No, you go to the hospital, you get treated, you get care, and it's paid for, either by charity, the government or by the hospital," Romney continued. "We don't have people that become ill, who die in their apartment because they don't have insurance."

Valenti, who is 47 and lives in Long Beach, Calif., knows what Romney's talking about better than Romney does, thanks to firsthand experience. She lost her job last year, and her health insurance along with it. In the fall, she started feeling mild chest pains. Researching online, she figured the problem was gallstones. She tried cheap alternative remedies instead of going to the doctor.

The spasms of pain got worse and worse, until one night in January it became unbearable. "I was sitting here in my chair and it lasted for two hours," Valenti told The Huffington Post at the time. "It was all I could do to breathe. I couldn't open my eyes."

She had a friend take her to the hospital, where she said doctors told her she'd suffered a heart attack and almost died.

"If I had had my insurance I would have gone to the doctor in October," Valenti said. "The pain was unbearable. I've never had pain like that, and I've had three children."

She received a $79,000 bill, but she said the hospital has negotiated reasonably -- meaning it will eat some of the cost of her emergency treatment, and some of the cost will be passed along to other patients in the form of higher prices.

More: Mitt Romney's Hospital Comment 'Frightening' To Uninsured Woman

Over here, her treatment would have been free. She wouldn't be burdened with a huge medical bill, and wouldn't have had to worry about anything at all.

Except it would not have been 'free'. Other people would have paid her tab. Fucking moron.

Over here, her treatment would have been free. She wouldn't be burdened with a huge medical bill, and wouldn't have had to worry about anything at all.

Except it would not have been 'free'. Other people would have paid her tab. Fucking moron.

I guess when you are raised with them telling you it is wonderfully free..they end up BELIEVING it..

we are now facing that same problem here with our children and the propaganda they are being fed.

By Arthur Delaney

Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney says that thanks to hospitals, Americans who lack health insurance don't have it so bad.

"We don't have a setting across this country where if you don't have insurance, we just say to you, 'Tough luck, you're going to die when you have your heart attack,'" Romney told The Columbus Dispatch on Wednesday, explaining why repealing President Obama's health care reform law would not result in catastrophe for sick people who can't buy insurance.

"No, you go to the hospital, you get treated, you get care, and it's paid for, either by charity, the government or by the hospital," Romney continued. "We don't have people that become ill, who die in their apartment because they don't have insurance."

The spasms of pain got worse and worse, until one night in January it became unbearable. "I was sitting here in my chair and it lasted for two hours," Valenti told The Huffington Post at the time. "It was all I could do to breathe. I couldn't open my eyes."

"If I had had my insurance I would have gone to the doctor in October," Valenti said. "The pain was unbearable. I've never had pain like that, and I've had three children."

She received a $79,000 bill, but she said the hospital has negotiated reasonably -- meaning it will eat some of the cost of her emergency treatment, and some of the cost will be passed along to other patients in the form of higher prices.
More: Mitt Romney's Hospital Comment 'Frightening' To Uninsured Woman
Reads like the typical fake planted story. A similar narrative is used in those "Oppressed Illegal Alien" stories.

Why would you think this is a faked story? This type of thing happens everyday.

Forum List

Back