Mitt Romney's Gay Spokesman: A Milestone in Republican Politics

Not true that GOP is against gays. I am Repub. Speaking for myself and many of my Repub friends, we are for gay marriage and have no issues regarding gays. I think the left like to pretend, but as far as I know, only really religious people have an issue with gays. Many Democrats say they are Christians, so wouldn't many of them be against gay marriage because of their religion? And Muslims are against them. Hispanics are often Catholic, which are against gay marriage. I'm just pointing this out because somehow it's always the right who are accused of being homophobic and I don't think that is accurate.

It's more of a religious thing, not a party thing.

Give me a break. When you vote for leaders that have a certain agenda, you can't say "I vote for them, but I don't share their agenda". That's just outright ridiculous.

Unless the only other real candidate has a worse agenda. Then what do you do?

Dean would tell you to just vote .....dont question anyone.....just remember....HIS Party knows whats best for you......

Do you think they are all really gay? Or do they suck each other's dicks because they can't get women?
Ask your repub Senator Larry Craig that got busted in an airport men's room.

Larry Craig - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Oh, my goodness. It's old garbage day at DNC party central. :lmao:

Apparently there's nothing too old to revisit when you need to distract everyone from the trainwreck that is becomming the US Economy.

Give me a break. When you vote for leaders that have a certain agenda, you can't say "I vote for them, but I don't share their agenda". That's just outright ridiculous.

no give me a break.....how many of your fellow Democrats in these threads have said they dont like some of Obamas "agenda"....but are voting for the guy?....you cant grasp that idea because you dont Question the people you vote for,you just vote for them....oh and Dean so you will know....EVERY Politician has an "Agenda"....now you know....

And, Mitten's agenda is to tell whatever Lie du Jour that will get him elected so he can channel the wishes of Norquist, Rove, Kochs ...

ok....your getting there Dudly.....now just focus on Obama.....what lie's "Du Jour" is he telling us so he can get re-elected?....

Mitt Romney's Gay Spokesman: A Milestone in Republican Politics - Politics

As Grenell told the gay magazine The Advocate of his unsuccessful attempt to get his partner listed in the U.N.'s "Blue Book" of diplomatic personnel and their spouses: "Some people are going to yell at me, because it's been a quiet fight. I think a lot of people's style is to do a quiet fight." Not, by implication, his.

Michelangelo Signorile: What Romney's Choice of a Gay Spokesman Means

He is also a staunch and vocal advocate for what much of the Republican base believes is an effort to destroy the institution of marriage. As I noted two days ago, Grenell told Kerry Eleveld of The Advocate in 2008 that though he and his partner met in New York, he lamented that they couldn't marry there at the time. "It is not an option for us in New York, but hopefully someday soon it will be," he said. "In my mind, and in Matt's mind, this is it. We're married."

-------------------------------------------------

This might be the second "Etch a Sketch" moment. The base isn't going to like it.

Well that didn't take long..
first you people use blacks, then women, now it's onto homosexuals...right on cue..

Because he is not open minded. Give this some thought.

This forum is not a good cross section of rw's - or at least it doesn't seem to be. The rw's I read in other places are very nervous because Mitt changes almost daily. What he is doing now, changing everything he has said the past few months, is very obviously, pandering.

What Mitt is open to is money. That is the one constant through his life ad through his career of making business decisions that would line his pockets.

Just like Norquist said, if he's elected, he'll do what his owners tell him to do.

THAT is why he got big bucks. They bought him.

What IS a good cross-section? Are you an EXPERT? On multiple ones are you?

WHO is paying YOU to report it?

Whom is paying YOU to be here?

YES I'm outting YOU.

Is this the thing your righties are trying this week? Your going to say everyone who disagree's with you are being paid to do so? How weak is that.

As Grenell told the gay magazine The Advocate of his unsuccessful attempt to get his partner listed in the U.N.'s "Blue Book" of diplomatic personnel and their spouses: "Some people are going to yell at me, because it's been a quiet fight. I think a lot of people's style is to do a quiet fight." Not, by implication, his.

He is also a staunch and vocal advocate for what much of the Republican base believes is an effort to destroy the institution of marriage. As I noted two days ago, Grenell told Kerry Eleveld of The Advocate in 2008 that though he and his partner met in New York, he lamented that they couldn't marry there at the time. "It is not an option for us in New York, but hopefully someday soon it will be," he said. "In my mind, and in Matt's mind, this is it. We're married."

This might be the second "Etch a Sketch" moment. The base isn't going to like it.

first you people use blacks, then women, now it's onto homosexuals...right on cue..

Thats not as bad as you.

First you blame blacks, Women then homosexuals.

He is also a staunch and vocal advocate for what much of the Republican base believes is an effort to destroy the institution of marriage. As I noted two days ago, Grenell told Kerry Eleveld of The Advocate in 2008 that though he and his partner met in New York, he lamented that they couldn't marry there at the time. "It is not an option for us in New York, buhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=br-ljup5Bowt hopefully someday soon it will be," he said. "In my mind, and in Matt's mind, this is it. We're married."

Thats not as bad as you.

There you go again, learn history, democrats do that stuff. Not republicans

I think the aviator shows the snotty elitism of liberals
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=br-ljup5Bow"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=br-ljup5Bow[/ame]

and yes Howard Hughes was a republican.

Pssst. Bucky...................that's a fictional movie scene. It isn't real.

And.....it didn't even come close to suggesting the political affiliation of any of the characters in the scene. Such failure must become tiring after a while.

IRL..........Leo is a flaming lefty, asshole.

Use them? They are all integral parts of the Democratic Party. Don't you understand the meaning of the word, "coalition"?

Thats not as bad as you.

There you go again, learn history, democrats do that stuff. Not republicans

I think the aviator shows the snotty elitism of liberals
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=br-ljup5Bow]The Aviator (2/6) Movie CLIP - Dinner with the Hepburns (2004) HD - YouTube[/ame]

and yes Howard Hughes was a republican.

Howard Hughes was a nut.

4qqf9yp.gif

Thought this part was funny:

In May 2006, Mehlman denied that he was gay, telling the New York Daily News, “I’m not gay, but those stories did a number on my dating life for six months.”[21] On November 8, 2006, comedian Bill Maher made an appearance on CNN's Larry King Live, during which he referred to Mehlman as a closeted gay man. The incident became controversial because CNN edited out Maher’s comments in later taped editions and removed the reference to Mehlman's sexual orientation from the transcript of the show. The day after Maher's comments, Mehlman announced he would step down as chairman of the RNC (although reports said that his resignation had been expected for some time)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HV5CY-pJmPk&feature=related]Dan Savage takes on Michele Bachmann, Rick Santorum on Real Time with Bill Maher - YouTube[/ame]

You're right. The Big Gay Milestone has just quit on his first day on the job: Gay Romney spokesman quits over "hyper-partisan discussion of personal issues"

Mitt Romney's spokesman on foreign policy issues abruptly quit Tuesday after anti-gay conservatives made an issue of his outspoken support for gay marriage. Richard Grenell resigned on what was to be his first official day on the job, citing the "hyper-partisan discussion of personal issues."

Grenell, who is openly gay, was hired by the Romney campaign less than two weeks ago. He was a Republican communications strategist for over a decade, including a stint as the national security and foreign policy spokesman in the George W. Bush administration.

Some prominent conservatives criticized Grenell's role in Romney's campaign after he made comments via Twitter and other media in support of same-sex marriage. Last week, Matthew Franck wrote in the National Review, "I agree that Grenell's being openly gay is, in itself, of no consequence for his service in the Romney campaign. Nor is the fact that he supports same-sex marriage. ... But Grenell has made a particular crusade of the marriage issue, with a kind of unhinged devotion that suggests a man with questionable judgment."

Romney just fired his gay spokesman. Gee, didn't see that coming.

You're right. The Big Gay Milestone has just quit on his first day on the job: Gay Romney spokesman quits over "hyper-partisan discussion of personal issues"

Mitt Romney's spokesman on foreign policy issues abruptly quit Tuesday after anti-gay conservatives made an issue of his outspoken support for gay marriage. Richard Grenell resigned on what was to be his first official day on the job, citing the "hyper-partisan discussion of personal issues."

Grenell, who is openly gay, was hired by the Romney campaign less than two weeks ago. He was a Republican communications strategist for over a decade, including a stint as the national security and foreign policy spokesman in the George W. Bush administration.

Some prominent conservatives criticized Grenell's role in Romney's campaign after he made comments via Twitter and other media in support of same-sex marriage. Last week, Matthew Franck wrote in the National Review, "I agree that Grenell's being openly gay is, in itself, of no consequence for his service in the Romney campaign. Nor is the fact that he supports same-sex marriage. ... But Grenell has made a particular crusade of the marriage issue, with a kind of unhinged devotion that suggests a man with questionable judgment."

Quit? Some call that "fired". Being "gay", he can't be a Republican sexpert.

Just take out "gay" and replace with:

scientists
black
Hispanic
Muslim
atheist
feminist
gay (oh, we already covered gay)
union members
liberals
and so on.......

Forum List