Mitt Romney's Gay Spokesman: A Milestone in Republican Politics

Take a look at the state parties and you get a better look at who accepts who.
In Georgia I know many openly gays that are very active in the Democratic Party. One is a good friend of a relative of mine.
An openly gay Republican accepted state wide in Georgia by the Republican party?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
I vote Republican most of the time but the homophobia, hate and character assasination of homosexuals is alive and well in the state Republican party in Georgia. Not a majority at all but when there are attacks on them where is the state party to condemn those attacks.
Same here.
This is a step back for us to defeat Obama. Make up all the BS you want folks but this is a step back.
Caving into the religous kooks and their fear of the gay boogeyman.

Maybe some people don't CARE to flaunt their sexual preference for all the country to talk about...?
but it seems to be a Democrat that is a MUST

Flaunt is your new word for being open and honest? I never heard the man go into any detail about who does what to whom.

When Mitt talks about his wife and kids, is he flaunting his heterosexuality?

Well I'm sure the guy enjoyed being USED by those oh so tolerant people on the left.

how friggen pathetic

It wasn't the left who drove him out of his job. It were the right wing homophobes. At least, that's what the Log Cabin Wingnuts are claiming.

whatever, this whole thread and topic about him is STUPID

There's this button on your mouse that you don't have to push, to post in threads you find "STUPID".

One take away point is that Mittens has been all kinds of ultra right wing, sucking up to the radicals, the baggers, the great unwashed of the pub party.

Now that he's a shoo-in for the nomination, he is heading straight to the center to suck up to those who believe they are "moderates".

That's why he's suddenly agreeing with the president about college loans and why the Ryan "plan" has suddenly gone away. Believe me, it has not gone anywhere. They just put it in a desk drawer until after the election. If they win, it will be passed so fast, you won't even notice their hands in your pockets.

Just wait ... Mr Etch A Sketch will get more and more reasonable as November draws near. He will pretend to be intelligent and actually care about the Little Guy. His speech was proof of that but he told so many lies, I thought he would trip over his nose as it was growing.

The rw's will also be falling all over themselves to talk about what a great guy he SUDDENLY became and they'll never wonder why he changed.

He did make one huge gaffe - telling us we should forget about all those who worked hard to get where they are and instead, how we should "congratulate" him and other white collar crooks.

Mr Etch A Sketch is a real piece of work.
Are you saying your party will claim his appointees are white collar crooks to override the alleged gay persecutions that are certain to occur because your spiel isn't a load of bean ferment? Sure it isn't.

One take away point is that Mittens has been all kinds of ultra right wing, sucking up to the radicals, the baggers, the great unwashed of the pub party.

Now that he's a shoo-in for the nomination, he is heading straight to the center to suck up to those who believe they are "moderates".

That's why he's suddenly agreeing with the president about college loans and why the Ryan "plan" has suddenly gone away. Believe me, it has not gone anywhere. They just put it in a desk drawer until after the election. If they win, it will be passed so fast, you won't even notice their hands in your pockets.

Just wait ... Mr Etch A Sketch will get more and more reasonable as November draws near. He will pretend to be intelligent and actually care about the Little Guy. His speech was proof of that but he told so many lies, I thought he would trip over his nose as it was growing.

The rw's will also be falling all over themselves to talk about what a great guy he SUDDENLY became and they'll never wonder why he changed.

He did make one huge gaffe - telling us we should forget about all those who worked hard to get where they are and instead, how we should "congratulate" him and other white collar crooks.

Mr Etch A Sketch is a real piece of work.
Are you saying your party will claim his appointees are white collar crooks to override the alleged gay persecutions that are certain to occur because your spiel isn't a load of bean ferment? Sure it isn't.

That's not what's at issue. Your attempt to insert a red herring shows you don't want to deal with the real issue. The message is clear. If you're gay, the hardcore right will run you out. Do you have an opinion on the topic? What are Republicans doing to better educate their homophobes and teach tolerance?

There's this button on your mouse that you don't have to push, to post in threads you find "STUPID".

then I'd miss your postings..:eek:

Considering your insipid rebuttals, it would be no skin off my ass.

:doubt:

baboon.jpg

That's not what's at issue. Your attempt to insert a red herring shows you don't want to deal with the real issue. The message is clear. If you're gay, the hardcore right will run you out. Do you have an opinion on the topic? What are Republicans doing to better educate their homophobes and teach tolerance?

Don't let the facts get in the way of your shameless hyperpartisan spin... :eusa_liar:

I have decided to resign from the Romney campaign as the Foreign Policy and National Security Spokesman. While I welcomed the challenge to confront President Obama’s foreign policy failures and weak leadership on the world stage, my ability to speak clearly and forcefully on the issues has been greatly diminished by the hyper-partisan discussion of personal issues that sometimes comes from a presidential campaign. I want to thank Governor Romney for his belief in me and my abilities and his clear message to me that being openly gay was a non-issue for him and his team.

The Huffington Post recently reported that days after joining the campaign and coming under fire for numerous sexist and impolitic statements he had made about prominent women and members of the media, Grenell scrubbed over 800 tweets from his Twitter feed and deleted his personal website.

Rubin didn't mention Grenell's controversial statements in her post about his resignation.

Grenell drew harsh criticism from reporters during his tenure as a spokesman for the United Nations.

Richard Grenell, Controversial Mitt Romney Spokesman, Resigns

Richard Grenell, a former Bush administration official who joined the Romney campaign Thursday as national security and foreign policy spokesman, appears to have deleted more than 800 of his past tweets following scrutiny over numerous swipes aimed at the media, prominent Democratic women and the Gingriches. Grenell also apparently took down his personal site, which featured writing on politics, foreign affairs and the media.

On Friday afternoon, Grenell still featured a link to his personal site (www.richardgrenell.com) on his Twitter profile, which then showed that he had tweeted 7,577 times, according to a screenshot taken Friday by The Huffington Post. By Sunday morning, Grenell's Twitter feed only listed 6,759 tweets and his personal site is no longer available. (Some examples of past writing have been archived on the Internet and can be found here.)

In the Twitter-fueled 2012 election, it's not surprising that reporters quickly began digging through Grenell's Twitter feed, even before he got a chance to scrub out a number of impolitic and sexist comments.

ThinkProgress noted Grenell's tendency to make cutting remarks about the appearances of prominent women in media and politics, including his tweet advising MSNBC host Rachel Maddow "to take a breath and put on a necklace," and another suggesting she resembled Justin Bieber.

In another tweet, Grenell wrote that "Hillary is starting to look liek Madeline [sic] Albright." He discussed First Lady Michelle Obama working out and "sweating on the East Room carpet." He also asked whether Callista Gingrich's "hair snaps on," and on another occasion, commented how Gingrich's third wife "stands there like she is wife #1." Politico flagged more examples and noted Grenell's "old pastime" of "ridiculing the Gingriches."

Richard Grenell, New Mitt Romney Spokesman, Scrubs Online Attacks On Media And Women

“We are disappointed that Ric decided to resign from the campaign for his own personal reasons," Romney campaign manager Matt Rhoades said in a statement. "We wanted him to stay because he had superior qualifications for the position he was hired to fill.”

It wasn't the left who drove him out of his job. It were the right wing homophobes. At least, that's what the Log Cabin Wingnuts are claiming.

:doubt:

R. Clarke Cooper, executive director of the Log Cabin Republicans, also released a statement:

Ric made the choice that he feels is best for the Romney campaign, and I respect his decision. It is unfortunate that while the Romney campaign made it clear that Grenell being an openly gay man was a non-issue for the governor and his team, the hyper-partisan discussion of issues unrelated to Ric's national security qualifications threatened to compromise his effectiveness on the campaign trail. As a Bush Administration colleague of Ric, I can attest to his experience and qualifications in the national security portfolio. Ric was essentially hounded by the far right and far left. The Romney campaign has lost a well-known advocate of conservative ideas and a talented spokesman, and I am certain he will remain an active voice for a confident U.S. foreign policy.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back