Mitt Romney's Budget Would Destroy Jobs: Report

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
By Bonnie Kavoussi

Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney has promised to create 12 million jobs if elected president. But a new report has found that his budget proposal actually would destroy hundreds of thousands of jobs.

Romney's budget plan would lead to a net loss of 554,000 jobs by 2014, while President Barack Obama's budget plan would lead to the net creation of 1.4 million jobs, according to a new analysis by the Economic Policy Institute, a liberal think tank. Moreover, if Romney makes his budget revenue-neutral, as he has promised, then his plan would lead to a net loss of 1.9 million jobs over the next two years, largely because of deep spending cuts, the report found.

Even without revenue neutrality, Romney's plan to slash government spending would destroy roughly 4 million jobs over the next two years, offset only somewhat by his proposed tax cuts and defense budget increases, according to the report. If Romney were to successfully repeal the Affordable Care Act and block grant and cut Medicaid spending, hundreds of thousands of jobs would be lost, according to the report.

Nobel Prize-winning economist Joseph Stiglitz similarly told Bloomberg TV in June that Romney's proposed spending cuts would "worsen the jobs deficit and significantly increase the likelihood of a recession."

Nor would lost jobs come for the sake of a smaller national debt. According to a recent analysis by Business Insider, Romney's budget plan would increase the deficit, even if the economy grows more than expected.

Mitt Romney's Budget Would Destroy Jobs: Report

Who would promote job growth most in the near term?: Macroeconomic impacts of the Obama and Romney budget proposals | Economic Policy Institute

Joseph Stiglitz: Romney's Plan Will 'Increase Likelihood Of A Recession'

Mitt Romney Budget Would Actually Increase National Debt: Analysis

bloombergmanufacturingchart.jpg

After Nearly A Decade Of Declines, Manufacturing Jobs Begin Rebound | ThinkProgress

Well we dont need projections to see Obama has already killed jobs......and after he implements his green plan, he'll kill more.....cant wait.....maybe we can all just be peasants...then we'll all be equal....well most anyway......a liberal dream...a country of poor and miserable people....YAY!

So far after reading as much as I can and researching Romney's proposed economic policy, apparently Romney's plan to fix the economy and bring jobs back to Americans is to bring sexy back to the White House. Everything should then fall into place magically by itself.

(Sadly, this isn't far from the truth)

So far after reading as much as I can and researching Romney's proposed economic policy, apparently Romney's plan to fix the economy and bring jobs back to Americans is to bring sexy back to the White House. Everything should then fall into place magically by itself.

Here troll:

http://www.mittromney.com/sites/def...America-PlanForJobsAndEconomicGrowth-Full.pdf

Educate yourself.

Yeah yeah yeah, almost as decent a work of fiction as the bible. Romney's economic policies have been ripped to shreds repeatedly by experts.

Here troll:

http://www.mittromney.com/sites/def...America-PlanForJobsAndEconomicGrowth-Full.pdf

Educate yourself.

Yeah yeah yeah, almost as decent a work of fiction as the bible. Romney's economic policies have been ripped to shreds repeatedly by experts.

29 posts and you're a dumbass already. Another troll to deal with. Have anything brilliant to enlighten us with concerning Dear Leader? :eusa_whistle:

Miss_Cleo.jpg

Well we dont need projections to see Obama has already killed jobs......and after he implements his green plan, he'll kill more.....cant wait.....maybe we can all just be peasants...then we'll all be equal....well most anyway......a liberal dream...a country of poor and miserable people....YAY!

Here troll:

Educate yourself.

Here you have to join his site before you can learn about his plans...if you can find them.

Join and donate and just maybe I'll tell you what I'll do.

Al La Pelosi. :tongue:

https://contribute.barackobama.com/...0424043|pl||&gclid=CK2ez7y-1bICFcZlOgodznAA8A

Last edited:

29 posts and you're a dumbass already. Another troll to deal with. Have anything brilliant to enlighten us with concerning Dear Leader? :eusa_whistle:

Do you have anything besides pathetic insults and ignorant views to back up your posts or do you just enjoy coming across like a useful idiot?

Mitt Romney's Economic Plan: Win, Then Do Nothing - Matthew O'Brien - The Atlantic
Mitt Romney blunders again on taxes - The Plum Line - The Washington Post
Michael Tomasky on Mitt Romney?s Sham Economic Plan - The Daily Beast
Mitt Romney's secret economic plan: Mother Jones video reveals Romney's plan to revive the economy by doing nothing.

I could go on.

:eusa_hand:

Do you have anything besides pathetic insults and ignorant views to back up your posts or do you just enjoy coming across like a useful idiot?

Mitt Romney's Economic Plan: Win, Then Do Nothing - Matthew O'Brien - The Atlantic
Mitt Romney's secret economic plan: Mother Jones video reveals Romney's plan to revive the economy by doing nothing.

I could go on.

The useless idiot is you. What I should be impressed that you can provide links to other's opinions, Sock? No agenda on your part, eh? Back at you...:eusa_hand:

Last edited:

I could go on.

Btw,..all left wing trash. Maybe the Daily Kos was useful to you after all. You have to be related to Lahkota. :eusa_clap:

Last edited:

I could go on.

The useless idiot is you. What I should be impressed that you can provide links to other's opinions, Sock? No agenda on your part, eh? Back at you...:eusa_hand:

Links to relevant information from experts that say your boy is full of crap. I can see this is pointless talking to you. But considering the level of intelligence you've shown so far, want to buy some waterfront property?

....Especially when "sexy" (to Teabaggers) is......

bush_littlebigman.jpg

Do we really need a.....

323.png

Links to relevant information from experts that say your boy is full of crap. I can see this is pointless talking to you. But considering the level of intelligence you've shown so far, want to buy some waterfront property?

After the stupid comment you made about waterfront property, feel free to put me on ignore, troll.

FYI, waterfront property in the right locale is quite lucrative, unlike the lots you likely own in NO.

Forum List

Back