Mitt Romney’s Beachfront Mansion Has Its Own Lobbyist

Way to miss the point my fellow conservatives.

How many ordinary people can hire lobbyists for a remodel on ONE of their houses?

Being rich does not automatically make one qualified for even COMPETENT for public office.

This just makes us look like all we care about is rich folks. And accurately so.
At some point, supporting the rich at the cost of everyone else, will cost US.

What I find TRULY disturbing is the willingness of my fellow Republicans to ride a bad situation right to the bitter end. Remember 2008? We rode that right as it augered into the ground. A couple people around here try to blame Fannie and Freddie and a bunch of other stuff that has nothing to do with the systemic deregulation republicans enacted and brought about the crash, but that just makes us look ignorant and unwilling to accept responsibility for our actions.

Given the discipline of fiscal conservatism in the Republican party of the last decade, it amazed me that we are able to run on any platform which is critical of spending.

Always full of shit, at least you are consistent.

Alex Seitz-Wald on Mar 27, 2012 at 10:40 am

Romney's 3,000 sq. ft. tear down
Last year, Mitt Romney applied for a permit to bulldoze his 3,000-square-foot, $12 million home in on the beach in La Jolla, California, in order to replace it with one nearly four times its size. The “non-living” portion of the new alone will be twice the size of an Average American’s home, but Romney’s campaign said the existing, smaller “manse” was “inadequate for [the Romneys'] needs.”

Now, Politico reports that the home comes with a unique feature: Its own lobbyist. It turns out it can be difficult to get the city to approve a new 11,000-square-foot house with its own car elevators, so to help facilitate the construction, Romney hired San Diego attorney and registered lobbyist Matthew Peterson, paying him $21,500 since 2008. Reid Epstein reports:

READ MORE Mitt Romney's Mansion Has Its Own Lobbyist, Car Elevators

I'm wondering if all these class warfare attacks by Democrats were also hurled against John Carey when he ran in 04. John Carey the billionaire who choose a theif as VP. I guess being wealthy is not considered a crime unless you're a republican.

How many ordinary people can hire lobbyists for a remodel on ONE of their houses?

Being rich does not automatically make one qualified for even COMPETENT for public office.

This just makes us look like all we care about is rich folks. And accurately so.

What I find TRULY disturbing is the willingness of my fellow Republicans to ride a bad situation right to the bitter end. Remember 2008? We rode that right as it augered into the ground. A couple people around here try to blame Fannie and Freddie and a bunch of other stuff that has nothing to do with the systemic deregulation republicans enacted and brought about the crash, but that just makes us look ignorant and unwilling to accept responsibility for our actions.

Given the discipline of fiscal conservatism in the Republican party of the last decade, it amazed me that we are able to run on any platform which is critical of spending.

Ordinary? You mean less well off? Why would they need to hire a third party? Fact is, they wouldn't. When they remodel, it doesn't involve the kind of work that requires the kind of work that Romney's paying for. But don't let reality get in the way of your whining.

And that bullshit you said about 2008? About the GOP bringing about the crash? That is mindlessly stupid.... both fucking sides assisted the financial crisis... seems to me you aren't much of a Republican if you don't know that.... and I'm not even a fucking Republican.

Last edited:

He's not running on being rich.. way to miss the point you dumb ass democrat..

Alex Seitz-Wald on Mar 27, 2012 at 10:40 am

Romney's 3,000 sq. ft. tear down
Last year, Mitt Romney applied for a permit to bulldoze his 3,000-square-foot, $12 million home in on the beach in La Jolla, California, in order to replace it with one nearly four times its size. The “non-living” portion of the new alone will be twice the size of an Average American’s home, but Romney’s campaign said the existing, smaller “manse” was “inadequate for [the Romneys'] needs.”

Now, Politico reports that the home comes with a unique feature: Its own lobbyist. It turns out it can be difficult to get the city to approve a new 11,000-square-foot house with its own car elevators, so to help facilitate the construction, Romney hired San Diego attorney and registered lobbyist Matthew Peterson, paying him $21,500 since 2008. Reid Epstein reports:

READ MORE Mitt Romney's Mansion Has Its Own Lobbyist, Car Elevators

I'm wondering if all these class warfare attacks by Democrats were also hurled against John Carey when he ran in 04. John Carey the billionaire who choose a theif as VP. I guess being wealthy is not considered a crime unless you're a republican.

you mean john kerry with the purple band aid?

Forum List

Back