Mitt Romney will be elected president in 2012 easily

Status
Not open for further replies.
"romney care", no idea how to handle the wars overseas, and he believes in a religion where a guy rubbed together two gold tablets and that jesus's 2nd coming will be in missouri

great candidate

It all comes down to one thing....the economy

If the economy improves and jobs pick up.....nobody will beat Obama

If the economy struggles......it will be a wide open election

Romney can win if he can sell an economic policy. Trickle down tax cuts will not sell

Obama needs to craft a strategy that is not dependent on the economy improving, because that ain't gonna happen. Might be nice if he stood solidly behind his liberal supporters and accomplished more of what we sent him to DC to do, like repealing DADT.

I really think he's in a much better position now that the Republicans won the house. I am hoping they pull the same thing Newt pulled. And it seems they will.

What, lose seats and then have the Speaker of the House resign while calling the people of his own party "cannibals" like Newt did? :lol:

It all comes down to one thing....the economy

If the economy improves and jobs pick up.....nobody will beat Obama

If the economy struggles......it will be a wide open election

Romney can win if he can sell an economic policy. Trickle down tax cuts will not sell

I agree. And it looks like things are FINALLY picking up!!

"The Commerce Department said Wednesday that personal income, before adjusting for inflation, rose 0.5% in October compared with a flat reading in the prior month. Much of the increase came from strong wage and salary growth, a welcome sign because it suggests recent gains in consumer spending are driven by sustainable growth in paychecks as opposed to one-time windfalls or government benefits.

Consumer spending rose, as well, up 0.4% in October following a 0.3% gain in September. But consumers saved a bit more too: The October saving rate increased to 5.7%, down from a 2010 high of 6.3% in June but far above the low levels seen before recession started in late 2007.

Consumers are feeling brighter about prospects, as well. The Reuters/University of Michigan consumer sentiment index rose to 71.6 in November from 67.7 in October. Readings on both current conditions and future expectations rose."

Consumer, Jobless Data Offer Hope on Economy - WSJ.com

Mit Romney is a bigger flip flopper than John Kerry.

I judge a man by his DEEDS not his words.

Romney's deeds as Gov WERE NOT CONSERVATIVE, they were as far left AS OBAMA!

How UTTERLY STUPID do people have to be to glom onto Romney as the answer to Obama, when there isn't a dime's worth of difference between Romneycare and Obamacare?

Romney went on record as being for abortion, gay marriage, banning the Boy Scouts, on and on and on.

Romney is as liberal as OBAMA!

I judge a man by his ACTIONS. He led his state as liberal as Ted Kennedy and once he has presidential aspirations all of a sudden he starts talking conservative to fool the REST OF THE COUNTRY.

And you some of you people are stupid enough to buy it?

What difference is there between Clinton talking like a conservative to fool people and Romney doing it?

YOU GUYS CANNOT BE THIS DAMN STUPID.

You vote for Romney you might as well vote for Obama. That's no lie.

If you don't believe me. Deny all this EVIDENCE!

Romney haunted by liberal past

Mitt Romney: A Massachusetts Liberal for President

American Thinker: Mitt Romney: A Massachusetts Liberal for President

PolitiFact | Romney haunted by liberal past
"Romney ran against Senator Edward M. Kennedy in 1994. During a debate, Romney declared: 'I believe that abortion should be safe and legal in this country. I have since the time that my mom took that position when she ran in 1970 as a US Senate candidate. I believe that since Roe v. Wade has been the law for 20 years we should sustain and support it.' "
(NOTE: Romney has supported abortion since before the 1972 Roe v. Wade ruling!)
- Boston Globe, 3/2/2006
Video of Romney vs Kennedy 1994 debate.
The Mitt Romney Deception

Romney campaigned for Governor of Massachusetts as a pro-choice candidate, and was endorsed by a pro-abortion political group

• "Romney, a Republican and the former Winter Olympics chief, was endorsed by the New York-based Republican Pro-Choice Coalition. He mentioned his mother, Lenore Romney, who favored abortion rights when she ran for the U.S. Senate in 1970, even before the 1973 Roe v. Wade case affirmed women's constitutional right to abortions. . . . Lynn Grefe, director of the Republican Pro-Choice Coalition, applauded Romney's 'commitment to family planning and protecting a woman's right to choose' in a letter on Wednesday."
    - Associated Press / New Bedford Standard-Times 10/3/2002

Romney Approves of Abortion Pill and Supports the Legalization of RU-486

Homosexual "Rights"

Gov. Romney has a long history of promoting and furthering the homosexual agenda, and working closely with leading gay activists

Romney barred Boy Scouts from public participation in 2002 Olympics

That's just some of the evidence.

NO WAY is Romney a conservative. He's as conservative as Arlen Specter!

How UTTERLY STUPID do people have to be to glom onto Romney as the answer to Obama, when there isn't a dime's worth of difference between Romneycare and Obamacare?

Romney went on record as being for abortion, gay marriage, banning the Boy Scouts, on and on and on.

I judge a man by his ACTIONS. He led his state as liberal as Ted Kennedy and once he has presidential aspirations all of a sudden he starts talking conservative to fool the REST OF THE COUNTRY.

What difference is there between Clinton talking like a conservative to fool people and Romney doing it?

Mitt Romney: A Massachusetts Liberal for President

[/LIST]The Mitt Romney Deception

Homosexual "Rights"

Gov. Romney has a long history of promoting and furthering the homosexual agenda, and working closely with leading gay activists

Who would you vote for?

[/list]The Mitt Romney Deception

Who would you vote for?

Well, that's what everyone said about McCain and look how that went.

There are other conservatives out there like Christie, Jindal, Palin . . .

Romney is NOT our last hope.

There are other conservatives out there like Christie, Jindal, Palin . . .

Romney is NOT our last hope.

He might not be the last hope, but he's a much better fucking choice than the three you just listed. Palin has absolutely no fucking chance at being President. I know, she knows it, and you should know it. She is too polarizing. She chased the moderates away in 2008, and she would do the same in 2012. Romney may not be the last hope, but right now, he's the best hope. He can attract moderates like myself to the Republican ticket. A Romney/Petraeus ticket would be fucking amazing.

Romney has business sense. That's what we need in a President right now. Not someone who is looking to cater to one class or another, but someone who is looking to balance the nation's budget with spending cuts and tax measures. Romney has the ability to do that. Period.

Its simply Romney's turn. The GOP most often gives the last runner-up the nomination.

Then it would be Huckabee's turn. He, not Romney, was the runner-up in 2008. Let's pray that doesn't happen. As an Arkansan, I can say that Huckabee would be disastrous.

For those advocating for Palin, just think about it for a moment. The President needs to be someone who gets the support of America as a whole, someone we can get behind. Palin maybe is relatively popular among Republicans, but she's not very popular among Americans at large. Polls show this. Unless things change, she wouldn't be able to win the Presidency.

Its simply Romney's turn. The GOP most often gives the last runner-up the nomination.

Then it would be Huckabee's turn. He, not Romney, was the runner-up in 2008. Let's pray that doesn't happen. As an Arkansan, I can say that Huckabee would be disastrous.

Fair enough Jon. And I will ask this again as i did yesterday.

Why do we play 'the next in line' scenario as if this was some ascention to a throne?

:eusa_think:

I think none of the common names passed around has a chance of winning anything but the Republican nomination.

If he could be successful in getting the House to get shit done maybe ya'll could get Boehner to run.

Why do we play 'the next in line' scenario as if this was some ascention to a throne?

It plays to the opposition's strength. Some silly assed notion that there is an established batting order that cannot be changed. Meanwhile the opposition is free to shuffle the deck to meet the opportunities of the moment.

If the Dimocraps played this game, then Hillary would have faced off against McLouse. Teddy Kennedy would have been the Dem candidate in '04 or '08 etc.

Last edited:

It plays to the opposition's strength. Some silly assed notion that there is an established batting order that cannot be changed. Meanwhile the opposition is free to shuffle the deck to meet the opportunities of the moment.

If the Dimocraps played this game, then Hillary would have faced off against McLouse. Teddy Kennedy would have been the Dem candidate in '04 or '08 etc.

The GOP method of seniority seems to work. Let the dems put up unknowns. We don't want un-vetted candidates. Look at Sharon Angle and the Delaware witch as examples. I feel comfortable voting for Romney, I would feel less comfy voting for newbies, except maybe Chris Christie. Anyone who whips NJ into shape is qualified to be prez, hope he runs.

Last edited:

I would say that in 2008, the next in line scenario was the big mistake, because Romney should have been the nominee. Now the Republicans have a chance to get it right.

Romney will appeal to the primary voters as the least extreme....he will be the nominee

Yep ol Mitt will get elected on the success of his states health reform policy.

That's exactly why he won't be getting my vote if he does run. There's just something about Romney that just doesn't sit well with me - not sure what it is, but I don't trust him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back