Mitt Romney Unfit For Government

Romney_statue.jpg

Poor, poor Willard

Every time he gets to comment on foreign policy he blows it

In 2008 they nominated a (supposed) foreign policy candidate who was undone by his erratic, gaffe-prone approach to economics.

In 2012 they nominated a (supposed) economic Mr. Fix-It who's being undone by his erratic, gaffe-prone approach to foreign policy.

Maybe by 2016 they'll have learned that the President of the United States needs to be able to walk and chew gum at the same time.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hY_7pH5XV_w]Romney: Russia Is 'No. 1 Geopolitical Foe' - YouTube[/ame]

Russia is everywhere.

Incredible.

Obama fucks up again and the Obama apologists blame Romney.:eusa_drool:

The obvious responsible thing to do when American citizens and public officials are under physical threat abroad and when the details are unknown, and events spiraling, is to stay silent. If the event happens on the day of September 11 and you are a candidate for president and have observed a political truce, all the more reason to wait to allow the facts to emerge. After all, country before party, right? American lives are at stake, yes? An easy call, no?

But that's not what the Romney camp did. What they did was seize on a tweet issued by someone in the US Embassy before the attacks in order to indict the president for "sympathizing" with those who murdered a US ambassador after the attacks. Unfuckingbelievable. Here's the embassy statement from earlier in the day that set off the neocons:

The Embassy of the United States in Cairo condemns the continuing efforts by misguided individuals to hurt the religious feelings of Muslims – as we condemn efforts to offend believers of all religions. Today, the 11th anniversary of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks on the United States, Americans are honoring our patriots and those who serve our nation as the fitting response to the enemies of democracy. Respect for religious beliefs is a cornerstone of American democracy. We firmly reject the actions by those who abuse the universal right of free speech to hurt the religious beliefs of others.​

The statement came from someone in the embassy, and was not formally issued by the State Department or the White House, both of which have subsequently disavowed the tweet for not also defending absolute freedom of speech. The facts were still murky last night. But the Romney campaign immediately tried to shoe-horn yesterday's fog of mob violence into the "apology" rubric Romney loves so much. The Priebus tweet is disgusting. The first Romney statement is no better:

“I’m outraged by the attacks on American diplomatic missions in Libya and Egypt and by the death of an American consulate worker in Benghazi. It’s disgraceful that the Obama administration’s first response was not to condemn attacks on our diplomatic missions, but to sympathize with those who waged the attacks.”​

That's untrue. The Obama administration did not issue the tweet, which was, in any case, tweeted before the attacks, not after. Today, Romney doubled down on these two obvious misstatements:

“We join together in the condemnation of attacks on the American embassies and the loss of American life and join in sympathy for these people. It’s also important for me — just as it was for the White House, last night by the way — to say that the statements were inappropriate, and in my view a disgraceful statement on the part of our administration to apologize for American values...​

A brief moment of digression: the White House disowned a statement it itself did not release - but is then equally responsible for the tweet itself? The mind boggles. Then this, apparently, is an apology for American values:

Respect for religious beliefs is a cornerstone of American democracy. We firmly reject the actions by those who abuse the universal right of free speech to hurt the religious beliefs of others.​

More: Unfit For Government - The Dish | By Andrew Sullivan - The Daily Beast

hey LaFukhead?.....dont you ever have anything to say?....why is it always what someone else says?......so either you are a dumbass......or passing on what THEY want you to say..which is it?...i know you wont answer....but i will give it a shot anyway.....maybe your balls dropped over the weekend....:dunno:

Lakhota why don't you just permanently have a thread going with all your favorite blogs in the Media section of USMB?

If I wanted to read all the blogs you drag in here I could visit that thread then. This is supposed to be a discussion board not just your personal listings of all your favorite bloggers with no commentary.

yep....

Lakhota why don't you just permanently have a thread going with all your favorite blogs in the Media section of USMB?

If I wanted to read all the blogs you drag in here I could visit that thread then. This is supposed to be a discussion board not just your personal listings of all your favorite bloggers with no commentary.

You mean just make crazy shit up like you do? No, I prefer to have some sanity in my posts. Who is forcing you to read my posts? I rarely read any of your crazy shit.

Forum List

Back