Mitt Romney Tax Returns Reveal Investments In Chinese Oil, Stem Cell Research, Plan B

Oops!
Can you say hypocrite much? This man invests in things he says he opposes and that we know most of his supporters and republicans in general oppose! As I've suspected all along, he is only running for president for the power and prestige, not on principles! Now we know why he was resistent to releasing his returns.

The article lists 10 things he invested in that might be questionable based on his so-called beliefs and those of republicans.

Mitt Romney Tax Returns Reveal Investments In Chinese Oil, Stem Cell Research, Plan B

Chinese Companies and State Owned Oil Among Other things (see slideshow at link)

slide_252478_1566940_free.jpg

WHAT have you dug up on Obama, care to share?

That's your job!
Because you can care less that he is hiding something. All you care about him as that he gets elected and you get for you free government stuff .. Its all about YOU and not what is best for America

well when you have one you can tell us how it works, because it REALLY really is all of our business

You people are pathetic

Show me his tax returns and I'll tell you how it works.
how bout you put your tax returns on here for all of to see?

Are you guys really this lame??????? He/she isn't running for president. Running for president makes you responsible and you have to answer to the public about many things.

Last edited:
Could the contrast be any greater between Romney, who looted American companies and shipped their jobs overseas, only pays taxes at a 13% rate, stashes his money in the Cayman Islands to avoid U.S. taxes, and President Obama who saved GM and created 32 straight months of private sector job growth?

Obama is an economic patriot.

Romney is an economic traitor.

WHAT have you dug up on Obama, care to share?

That's your job!
Because you can care less that he is hiding something. All you care about him as that he gets elected and you get for you free government stuff .. Its all about YOU and not what is best for America

How do you know what I get or don't? And your supposition that Obama supporters get free gov't. stuff shows how off base you are!

Somehow, people think because it's called "blind trust", these multi millionaires don't know where their money is being "invested". Would any of you turn over millions to a stranger and have zero input on how it's invested? Seriously?

It's like saying "evolution" is "just a theory". But "theory" and "scientific theory" are as different as "plane and plain" or "meat and meet".
Or "a polluted river in Texas" and "that river is actually in China".

See he had a blind trust who does the investing.. where are Obama records. Why is did he spend over a million dollars to keep them closed. Why do you libs dont care that he is hiding SOMETHING or he would open his records but bitch moan about everything that is ROMNEY!!!

Oops!
Can you say hypocrite much? This man invests in things he says he opposes and that we know most of his supporters and republicans in general oppose! As I've suspected all along, he is only running for president for the power and prestige, not on principles! Now we know why he was resistent to releasing his returns.

The article lists 10 things he invested in that might be questionable based on his so-called beliefs and those of republicans.

On Aug. 10, 2011, the night before Mitt Romney participated in a Republican primary debate in Iowa, the Republican nominee took an extraordinary step: He unloaded a boatload of stocks that may have been problematic in his run for the Oval Office.

Some of those investments included securities from companies with ties to Iran to investments in the state-owned Chinese oil company, CNOOC. The sale of these investments was confirmed in Romney's 2011 tax returns, which the candidate released to the public on September 21. Also enclosed in his 2011 tax return were the addresses of his Cayman Islands interests and the performance of his Goldman Sachs funds.

Many of these investments were made through the Romney Family Trust, a blind trust run by a trustee. Romney has claimed he didn't know what investments were inside the trust.

Chinese Companies and State Owned Oil Among Other things (see slideshow at link)

Yeah, the trustee is a totally disinterested party. But guess what? His son Tag manages the trust!. I'm sure if they have discussions about investments, the son won't tattle!

Could the contrast be any greater between Romney, who looted American companies and shipped their jobs overseas, only pays taxes at a 13% rate, stashes his money in the Cayman Islands to avoid U.S. taxes, and President Obama who saved GM and created 32 straight months of private sector job growth?

Obama is an economic patriot.

Romney is an economic traitor.

You're actually calling Obama a patriot for not risking his own money and calling Romney a traitor for following the law?

Astounding!

Here's the deal, republican trolls, blind trust or no blind trust, Romney could instruct his trustee to not invest in certain things. He also shouldn't have a blind trust if he needs it to run for president. He ultimately is repsonsible for his investments and there are ways to prevent being hypocritical about them. Cracking down on China as he says he will do and investing there? Hmmm....kind of disgusting? Being against stem cell research and investing in that? Same thing!

The very definition of removing "conflict of interest" is a blind trust. Obama has one too.

Idiot.

Romney's son Tagg manages his blind trust. Hardly removal of conflict of interest. I guess he thinks investing in China is a way to avoid conflict of interest!:muahaha::dig:

See he had a blind trust who does the investing.. where are Obama records. Why is did he spend over a million dollars to keep them closed. Why do you libs dont care that he is hiding SOMETHING or he would open his records but bitch moan about everything that is ROMNEY!!!

Oops!

Yeah, the trustee is a totally disinterested party. But guess what? His son Tag manages the trust!. I'm sure if they have discussions about investments, the son won't tattle!

That's simply not true. A blind trust has to be managed by an arms length arbiter. Family do not qualify as such, not even in-laws. You are misinformed.

That's simply not true. A blind trust has to be managed by an arms length arbiter. Family do not qualify as such, not even in-laws. You are misinformed.

It's simply true. His longtime friend and lawyer is the trustee and he has allowed Tagg to manage the trust. All in the family!

Rick Santorum said during the primaries that Romney employs a blind trust himself, although Romney attacked Sen. Edward Kennedy for having one.

Another of Romney's ever changing statements:

This is Romney’s statement in 1994:

At the time, Romney described a blind trust as an “age-old ruse… You can always tell a blind trust what it can and cannot do,” Romney told reporters in 1994 as he was challenging Kennedy in a race for senate.” He called Blind Trusts

Read more: http://www.politicolnews.com/romneys-three-blind-trusts/#ixzz27v97gbgp

Last edited:
Here's the deal, republican trolls, blind trust or no blind trust, Romney could instruct his trustee to not invest in certain things. He also shouldn't have a blind trust if he needs it to run for president. He ultimately is repsonsible for his investments and there are ways to prevent being hypocritical about them. Cracking down on China as he says he will do and investing there? Hmmm....kind of disgusting? Being against stem cell research and investing in that? Same thing!

Here's the deal, Didn'tTakeMyMeds: blind trusts, by definition, mean that Romney can't instruct his trustee about ANYTHING. That's why it's called a BLIND trust.

Epic Fail, Part Deux.

Here's the deal, Didn'tTakeMyMeds: blind trusts, by definition, mean that Romney can't instruct his trustee about ANYTHING. That's why it's called a BLIND trust.

Epic Fail, Part Deux.

Can you read? My post above your snotty one quotes Mitt Romney in 1994 saying blind trusts are a ruse and you can always tell a trustee what to do. From his own mouth!

Oops!

On Aug. 10, 2011, the night before Mitt Romney participated in a Republican primary debate in Iowa, the Republican nominee took an extraordinary step: He unloaded a boatload of stocks that may have been problematic in his run for the Oval Office.

Some of those investments included securities from companies with ties to Iran to investments in the state-owned Chinese oil company, CNOOC. The sale of these investments was confirmed in Romney's 2011 tax returns, which the candidate released to the public on September 21. Also enclosed in his 2011 tax return were the addresses of his Cayman Islands interests and the performance of his Goldman Sachs funds.

Many of these investments were made through the Romney Family Trust, a blind trust run by a trustee. Romney has claimed he didn't know what investments were inside the trust.

Many individuals are suprised at what their investments are comprised of, many brokers do not go into detail for "personal" reasons.

Epic Fail, Part Deux.

Can you read? My post above your snotty one quotes Mitt Romney in 1994 saying blind trusts are a ruse and you can always tell a trustee what to do. From his own mouth!

Your link makes a claim but there is no truth.

This is like the meme that Palin actually said "You can see Russia from my house."

In reality, the actual Palin never said that. Tina Fey said that in a skit on SNL poking fun at Palins comment that she could see Russia from parts of her state.

Romney never said what is claimed.

Epic Fail, Part Deux.

Your link makes a claim but there is no truth.

This is like the meme that Palin actually said "You can see Russia from my house."

In reality, the actual Palin never said that. Tina Fey said that in a skit on SNL poking fun at Palins comment that she could see Russia from parts of her state.

Romney never said what is claimed.

Maybe you'll believe Romney's own words (if you listen to the whole video). His last statement at the end takes the cake! LMAO!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjWoIr8eXAQ]Deceit, LIES: Romney's Blind Trust Investments an 'Age-Old Ruse' - YouTube[/ame]

When asked about his earlier statment and now saying he has a blind trust, the following was his response!

"Uh, I'm actually going to to, I'm not familiar precisely with exactly what I said, but I stand by what I said, whatever it was. And with regards to, uh, I'll go back and take at what was said there..":cuckoo::eek::oops:

Last edited:
Granny says, "It's always sumpin...

... if it ain't Obamer sellin' us out to the Muslim...

... it's Romney gonna sell us out to the Chineses...

... ya just can't win.
:eusa_eh:

Epic Fail, Part Deux.

The question isn't whether I can read you laughably trying to cite bullshit as "sources"; the question is whether or not I'm going to be as piss-stupid as you are and believe them.

Seriously, leftist shitforbrains posters. "Hufflepuff and Politico say so, so THERE! It's TRUE!" is like the political equivalent of "All the kids are doing it, Mom!"

If that's all the response you've got, just save us both some time and assume I've already told you you're a dumbass.

Forum List

Back