Mitt Romney should be the GOP nominee in 2012.

JimH52

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2007
US
If the GOP wants to regain the WH in 2012, Romney is the only chance they have at this point. Palin and Bachmann are bother freak shows in a Circus. If the Tea Party again uses its influence to nominate wacked out candiates in 2012, the GOP will again see power slip through its fingers. It is just a fact...

Maybe he will do better than McCain, you konw, the guy he couldn't beat last time despire most people hating McCain?

To be fair, I support Ron Paul, and McCain and Mitt were ahead of him. The main difference is the media and GOP treated McCain/Mitt as equals.

If the GOP wants to regain the WH in 2012, Romney is the only chance they have at this point. Palin and Bachmann are bother freak shows in a Circus. If the Tea Party again uses its influence to nominate wacked out candiates in 2012, the GOP will again see power slip through its fingers. It is just a fact...

You mean like taking over 60 House seats? See it slip away like that? The country could use it.

Are you a liberal?

Romney won't be the choice. Nor will Palin or Bachmann.

There's still a whole lot of time between now and the next Presidential election. If the GOP really wants a chance, their potential candidates should make a point to not think anything about it for now, and focus on the truly important business at hand, so that they can show the people that they care about more than just election day.

I don't think Romney is the "only" chance the Republicans have. It's not like Obama is this unbeatable politician. He would be, however, a good candidate because he has economic credentials and appeals to the middle. But he isn't the only one. A governor who has run his state well would be another. A candidate who is primarily known as a social conservative would be a bad choice because the economy is going to be the issue. However, I doubt the Republicans would pick someone like that. They're generally smarter than the Democrats at picking Presidential candidates.

You really believe the 'Baggers & Evangelicals will support a Mormon....if Glenn Beck is still available??!!!!

:eek:

I don't think Romney is the "only" chance the Republicans have. It's not like Obama is this unbeatable politician.
Please.

Republicans need to pick their most-expendable throw-away candidate.

dementiaexpress.jpg

"What year is it, NOW??!! Is it my turn, YET??"

I see that liberals have nothing to add to the discussion except for nonsense.

What a bore.

i would vote for romney, however, many religious righties won't because he is mormon....

pity

His religion has nothing to do with his electability. It's would be the perception by conservatives that he is too moderate, regardless of how true that might be.

I think that he probably could've taken Obama if he had made it past the primaries because of his business background. The economic meltdown occurred (in full force) just after McCain was selected.

With the new wave of conservatism, I think he will get roasted.

i would vote for romney, however, many religious righties won't because he is mormon....

pity

His religion has nothing to do with his electability. It's would be the perception by conservatives that he is too moderate, regardless of how true that might be.

I think that he probably could've taken Obama if he had made it past the primaries because of his business background. The economic meltdown occurred (in full force) just after McCain was selected.

you're dead wrong, his religion is a HUGE issue

pity

Why would it be? I hear that assertion thrown out there a lot, but I'm not sure of its validity. Do you personally know someone that wouldn't vote for him because he is Mormon?

pity

To some I'm sure it is. Me? I don't give a rats ass what a man's religion is.

To some I'm sure it is. Me? I don't give a rats ass what a man's religion is.

i remember distinctly it being a huge issue for many right christians in 2008

Before you lefties hyperventelate about the chances of the GOP you might consider a democrat challenge to the former community activist.

Why would it be? I hear that assertion thrown out there a lot, but I'm not sure of its validity. Do you personally know someone that wouldn't vote for him because he is Mormon?

you obviously weren't paying attention in 2008

Forum List

Back