Mitt Romney says he didn't say...what he said.

Mitt Romney Backtracks: Economy Not Worse Under Obama

Isn't this like Jon Kyl's lie about Planned Parenthood?

PolitiFact | Jon Kyl says abortion services are

Gee, repooblicans sure have a way of spinning these lies, don't they?

NOT WORSE--:cuckoo: We're at 9.1% unemployment with another 25% underemployed working (part-time or temporary jobs)--many of these people are young and just getting out of college who can't find a job. And when our biggest employer today is Mc Donalds we have some very serious problems.

This is Obama's flood the basement economic policies. He spent 878 billion dollars in so-called economic stimulus bill--as he promised would create millions of private sector jobs--that unemployment wouldn't go over 8.2% and then it turned into "saving" government workers jobs--and went from that to Nancy Pelosi referring to unemployment checks as economic stimulus.

View attachment 13958

300 billion of the stimulus was tax cuts. Are you admitting that tax cuts are the equivalent of deficit spending?
You'll never hear them say that 40% of the stimulus was tax-cuts on RuperTV.
"I didn't say things are worse," he said in response to a reporter's question. "It's that the economy hasn't turned around."

That's not even true. The economy has turned around. The recession ended in July of 2009. It sucks that positive GDP growth is not creating millions of jobs,

but why would conservatives complain about that? Conservatives love the idea of companies making lots of money with the least labor cost possible...
That's true

Since you refuse to read them, may I suggest that you try and just skim the articles you link to once in a while?

From the unread article, "But the president of the United States, when he put in place his stimulus plan and borrowed $787 billion, said he would hold unemployment below 8% -- and 8% seemed like an awfully high number. It hasn't been below 8% since. That's failure. We're over 9% unemployment. That's failure. He set the bogie himself at 8% ,which strikes me as a very high number and we're still above that three years later."
Try, again, Frankie....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SouGhbXz6_s]YouTube - ‪Frankie Goes to Hollywood - Relax (Live) (2004)‬‏[/ame]​

"NBC’s Sue Kroll asked the former Massachusetts governor why he believes that Obama’s policies have made the economy worse — when the economy is now growing (and not shrinking like it was in 2009), when the Dow is climbing (and no longer in a free-fall like it was in ‘09), and when the unemployment rate is down a full percentage point from where it was in Oct. ‘09.

Romney offered a response that was nothing short of extraordinary.

“I didn’t say that things are worse…. What I said was that economy hasn’t turned around.”

When a candidate lies, it’s a problem. When a candidate lies about lying, it’s....

Mitt Romney Backtracks: Economy Not Worse Under Obama

Isn't this like Jon Kyl's lie about Planned Parenthood?

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...l-says-abortion-services-are-well-over-90-pe/

Gee, repooblicans sure have a way of spinning these lies, don't they?

And so does the left.

They look at Republican's words with a micro-scope and try to change their meaning after the fact.

All one has to do with Obama is take any speech he gives and you wouldn't even have to micro-analyze it to discover that he's ether stretching the truth or contradicting himself. You'll never see the press focus on Obama the way they do his competition.

It's something everyone is finding out.

Frankly, I think the press has lost all credibility and should be shut out of the election process. No more debates, no more one-on-one interviews. Just shut them out of it.

Last edited:
I do think if he is elected, he would be very moderate and might even find a way to push through some tax increases along with the spending cuts necessary.

I tend to agree; Romney isn't an ideologue, but he has to play one on TV for now. He may even be able to start tacking away from the nuts in his party as soon as he secures the nomination (the Tea Party wing of the party seems resigned to support whoever gets the nomination). I can live with a pragmatic moderate Republican. The fact that Romney is probably the only guy who can destroy the Tea Party (or rather, speed up their already rapid decline) is just the cherry on top.

I do think if he is elected, he would be very moderate and might even find a way to push through some tax increases along with the spending cuts necessary.

I tend to agree; Romney isn't an ideologue, but he has to play one on TV for now. He may even be able to start tacking away from the nuts in his party as soon as he secures the nomination (the Tea Party wing of the party seems resigned to support whoever gets the nomination). I can live with a pragmatic moderate Republican. The fact that Romney is probably the only guy who can destroy the Tea Party (or rather, speed up their already rapid decline) is just the cherry on top.

I wonder why one would want to destroy the Tea Party, the party that just wants us to stop spending us further into debt.

Are they terrorists to you?

Seems to me the Tea Party is just full of people who are tired of Washington fucking everything up.

I wonder why one would want to destroy the Tea Party, the party that just wants us to stop spending us further into debt.

They're not a party, they're the hardliner base of the Republican party. The less that party is a slave to its most ideologically extreme elements, the better off we all are. The silver lining of a Romney presidency is that he will be their Kryptonite--the man who can make pragmatism and sanity mainstream again in the Republican party.

I don't understand what your "terrorist" comment is supposed to mean.

It's going to be fun watching the Right pretend to be enthusiastic over Romney once he gets the nomination...

...which he is almost certain to do.
It will be McCain all over again! :lol:

Remember how that 'other place' banned any talk about McCain's Vietnam experience unless it was positive praise?

Yep. I remember the trashing of Ron Paul over there too. Wrong kind of conservative....

They're not a party, they're the hardliner base of the Republican party. The less that party is a slave to its most ideologically extreme elements, the better off we all are. The silver lining of a Romney presidency is that he will be their Kryptonite--the man who can make pragmatism and sanity mainstream again in the Republican party.

I don't understand what your "terrorist" comment is supposed to mean.

Whereas the last Moderate standing in the Dem Party is Andy Cuomo.

Forum List

Back