Mitt Romney says he didn't say...what he said.

Republican presidential contender Mitt Romney, speaking Thursday at a press conference in Allentown, Pennsylvania, steered away from his recent claims that President Barack Obama's policies have worsened the economy.

As he should. You can’t make a shambles out of shambles.

It is amazing the number of lies and "mistatements" that are coming out of the prospective GOP nominees. And of course, they are all denied.

Since you refuse to read them, may I suggest that you try and just skim the articles you link to once in a while?

From the unread article, "But the president of the United States, when he put in place his stimulus plan and borrowed $787 billion, said he would hold unemployment below 8% -- and 8% seemed like an awfully high number. It hasn't been below 8% since. That's failure. We're over 9% unemployment. That's failure. He set the bogie himself at 8% ,which strikes me as a very high number and we're still above that three years later."

Holy shit this is the worst you guys got on Romney?

'He said the economy is worse under Obama!'

'Then he said it wasn't!'

'Then he said the President is a failure!'

Got to love the phoney outrage, as if you libs are ever going to agree with what any Republican says in the first place. Our economy is in shambles, the national debt nearing 15 trillion, unemployment near 10%, and all you can do is pretend to be outraged over what Mitt Romney said or didn't say.

Carry on, dipshits

Got to love the phoney outrage, as if you libs are ever going to agree with what any Republican says in the first place. Our economy is in shambles, the national debt nearing 15 trillion, unemployment near 10%, and all you can do is pretend to be outraged over what Mitt Romney said or didn't say.

Carry on, dipshits

He clarified it perfectly, and answered the questions as they were posed. He never suggested that Wall Street wasn't improving, only that the economy wasn't growing.

They are DESPERATE.

Since you refuse to read them, may I suggest that you try and just skim the articles you link to once in a while?

From the unread article, "But the president of the United States, when he put in place his stimulus plan and borrowed $787 billion, said he would hold unemployment below 8% -- and 8% seemed like an awfully high number. It hasn't been below 8% since. That's failure. We're over 9% unemployment. That's failure. He set the bogie himself at 8% ,which strikes me as a very high number and we're still above that three years later."

That's a lie too. The president never promised 8% unemployment.

Romney is going to win the nomination unless the world turns upside down in the next year. Enjoy another RINO disappointment, cons.

That's a lie too. The president never promised 8% unemployment.

Romney is going to win the nomination unless the world turns upside down in the next year. Enjoy another RINO disappointment, cons.
He absolutely said that with the stimulus it wouldn't go above 8%. It's all over the Internet...just waiting for you to do some work to find it.

Carry on, dipshits

So holding Romney accountable for what he says is out of line?

Carry on, dipshits

Not a single lib in this thread has listened to him speak regarding these quotes, in which he is very clear and not a bit ambiguous, or we wouldn't be here having this lamest of lame discussions on the matter.

Clarification does not equal flip flopping...as much as you would like it to.

Carry on, dipshits

LOL. "Out of line".

This thread is becoming priceless.

That Romney is a riot. I want to thank him for providing the architecture upon which the Affordable Care Act was constructed :) I would also like to thank the Heritage Foundation (conservative think tank) where the "individual mandate" idea was hatched ;)

Last edited:

Forum List

Back