Mitt Romney Opts out of Trump debate.

I really don't think fear has anything to do with why people aren't going to come to Trump's debate.

Trump has an itch to see the candidates debate OPEC and China ripping us off--so why not have the candidates answer his questions about this? You know that is what this debate is going to be about.

Because the very statements Trump has made indicates that doesn't care about providing an unbiased debate. And he is also saying that he is going to get in the race. It's a complete conflict of interest.

Gee, Guy Smiley pulls the chicken switch.
GuySmiley-2009.jpg

How surprising.

Well good for him. Trump really should be shelved by the GOP. He's a clown.

Trump was making fun of Chuck Todd's ratings, he said the Apprentice had the highest ratings in their time slot. Whatever. He may be getting a smack in the face with reality here.

Looks like it's gonna be Trump and Newt and low ratings. So sad, Trumpie.

Mitt Romney Opts out of Trump debate.

Well good for him. Trump really should be shelved by the GOP. He's a clown.

It really is a very smart tactical move for Romney as this will make himself as a bigger topic then the debate itself, and it is clearly a slight intended against Gingrich along with his Trump buddy.

It is also very likely that Romney and Trump have communicated before this happening, and Trump has already demonstrated that in politics Trump is not up to the par.

Romney will be found not to be a good adversary against Newt. More air time for Newt. Bad move for Romney.

I really don't think fear has anything to do with why people aren't going to come to Trump's debate.

Trump has an itch to see the candidates debate OPEC and China ripping us off--so why not have the candidates answer his questions about this? You know that is what this debate is going to be about.

I'm eager to hear Newts ideas on this debate. No other debate has investigated this very well.

Trump apparently heard someone call the GOP race a "reality show" and now he's trying to get his little cut of it.

My question is, why the fuck should Donald the Chump have any say in politics other than his vote?

And.........if he backs Newt, Newt is gonna lose for sure.

I love the way democrats misstate what Trump really said. He said whether or not he got in the race would depend on who the eventual nominee was. He wouldn't if it were any one of the viable candidates.

He was talking about Ron Paul. If republicans are so foolish and feckless as to let the paulites put the old lunatic over the top SOMEONE has to run as an independent.

So that's Romney, Perry, Bachmann all bowing out... Who else is left? That matters I mean...lol

As far as I've seen, only Newt and Santorum have agreed to show up. Although im not sure Rick's statement was an agreement to as much as a "I dont think it's going to hurt"

I love the way democrats misstate what Trump really said. He said whether or not he got in the race would depend on who the eventual nominee was. He wouldn't if it were any one of the viable candidates.

He was talking about Ron Paul. If republicans are so foolish and feckless as to let the paulites put the old lunatic over the top SOMEONE has to run as an independent.

That really doesn't change the fact that it's a conflict for a potential political opponents to be controlling the debate.

Likewise if they're foolish and feckless enough to nominate another neocon corporatist. Hopefully RP will run and sink them.

Probably gonna be one of the first questions that Donald the Chump ask......."do you believe the president's birth certificate is genuine"?

It really is a very smart tactical move for Romney as this will make himself as a bigger topic then the debate itself, and it is clearly a slight intended against Gingrich along with his Trump buddy.

It is also very likely that Romney and Trump have communicated before this happening, and Trump has already demonstrated that in politics Trump is not up to the par.

Romney will be found not to be a good adversary against Newt. More air time for Newt. Bad move for Romney.

Now I must reverse my previous statement and say that Romney made a stupid stance because I hear now that Romney said he was not going to attend the Trump-Gingrich debate simply because Romney had scheduling problems.

That is a politically NOT correct stand and statement by Romney.

At first I thought that Romney refused to participate as a defiance against the pompous Trump and pretentious Gingrich but no, Romney said it was a scheduling problem.

Of course the scheduling was surely not the real reason and as such Romney now looks like a stooge.

So it COULD have been a smart tactical move by Romney but now it is not.

The other candidates rejecting the Trump fiasco are making the stand which Romney squandered.

New Topics

Forum List

Back