Mitt Romney Opts out of Trump debate.

WASHINGTON, Dec 6 (Reuters) - U.S. Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney said on Tuesday that he will not attend a controversial Dec. 27 debate to be moderated by real estate magnate Donald Trump, as have candidates Ron Paul and former Utah Governor Jon Huntsman.

Romney told Fox News' Neil Cavuto that he will not participate in the Iowa debate, which has drawn fire from Washington Republicans as well as two of Romney's competitors.

He gave no reason, but other Republicans have expressed concern that the event could be an embarrassment with Trump in control.

Trump flirted with a run for the Republican 2012 presidential nomination earlier this year and was derided for pushing a discredited charge that Democratic President Barack Obama might not have been born in the United States.

Romney said on the show that he had spoken with Trump and informed the multimillionaire businessman and entertainer that he will not attend.

The only candidates so far to agree to the debate are rising Republican Newt Gingrich and former Senator Rick Santorum.

A campaign spokesman for Texas Representative Paul said that Trump moderating a debate would result in "an unwanted circus-like atmosphere."
Republican Romney to skip Trump debate | Reuters

Well good for him. Trump really should be shelved by the GOP. He's a clown.

It really is a very smart tactical move for Romney as this will make himself as a bigger topic then the debate itself, and it is clearly a slight intended against Gingrich along with his Trump buddy.

It is also very likely that Romney and Trump have communicated before this happening, and Trump has already demonstrated that in politics Trump is not up to the par.

It really is a very smart tactical move for Romney as this will make himself as a bigger topic then the debate itself, and it is clearly a slight intended against Gingrich along with his Trump buddy.

It is also very likely that Romney and Trump have communicated before this happening, and Trump has already demonstrated that in politics Trump is not up to the par.

At least he is smart enough not to make a fool of himself on a discussion forum. :badgrin:

I also think Bachmann is not planning to attend, though I havent heard anything official yet.

Anyone who thought about for more than two seconds would know not to trust Trump with their campaigns.

LOL

So Newt sucks on Trumps ring but the second and third place guys in the polls bail on the "debate" that Trump already called Newt the winner of.

Huntsman

Mitt

Ron Paul

Fucking ownt~

I wonder if this will be the lowest viewed debate. Newmax really fuckin scored picking up Trump lolz.

Last edited:
There's a FOX NEWS poll out where a candidate endorsement from Trump would make respondants less likely to vote for that candidate at a rate of 5-1. 31% said less likely, 6% said more likely lol

full-auto-albums-obama-care-picture4147-holb9423520111202040600.jpg

There's a FOX NEWS poll out where a candidate endorsement from Trump would make respondants less likely to vote for that candidate at a rate of 5-1. 31% said less likely, 6% said more likely lol

Chuck Todd tried to bring that up the other day when he interviewed Trumpie. The old gasbag kept yelling over Chuck so he couldn't get this kind of thing out there.

Chuck Todd tried to bring that up the other day when he interviewed Trumpie. The old gasbag kept yelling over Chuck so he couldn't get this kind of thing out there.

vintage degenerate Trump lol

Bad move on Romney's part. But, he's fallen so far behind, it probably doesn't make a difference anymore.

Bad move on Romney's part. But, he's fallen so far behind, it probably doesn't make a difference anymore.

How is that? Now unless the debate is called off Newt and like 2 others get to show up... Newt took a chance, a way to attack Paul without a direct attack and it's blowing up in his face.

If anything Mitt just took the best shot he could at Newt by letting Newt go it alone... The show will prolly get crap ratings without Mitt/Paul while at the same time it seems people view Trumps "approved" candidate as a huge negative to whoever Trump picks…

We’ll have to see how it plays out but to me this is an awesome turn of events imo.

Newt looks like a huge sellout and this could burn him bad.

Listening to Newt Gingrich tonight he stated: If these GOP candidates are afraid of a debate with Donald Trump asking the questions--how would they be debating a professional candidate in Barack Obama?

Very good question--

I really don't think fear has anything to do with why people aren't going to come to Trump's debate.

Listening to Newt Gingrich tonight he stated: If these GOP candidates are afraid of a debate with Donald Trump asking the questions--how would they be debating a professional candidate in Barack Obama?

Very good question--

That is about the most stupid question I think I have heard in my whole life… You understand Trump says he still might run yes? You understand that Trump has already made it clear he likes Newt the best right? You understand that at the end of the debate Trump is going to pick a “winner” according to him right?

Maybe you should pay more attention, just try it, it will change your whole perspective on this. Newt is running damage control, that’s admitting he choice was “OPS!!”

I really don't think fear has anything to do with why people aren't going to come to Trump's debate.

Trump has an itch to see the candidates debate OPEC and China ripping us off--so why not have the candidates answer his questions about this? You know that is what this debate is going to be about.

Trump has an itch to see the candidates debate OPEC and China ripping us off--so why not have the candidates answer his questions about this? You know that is what this debate is going to be about.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight... Or Trump could say the winner iiiiiiiiiiiiiisss.... ...... ....... "!ME!" And re-announce.

Or he (Trump) would just pick Newt like I'm pretty sure if I had to bet everything I own on who Trumps pciks I win shit tons of cash...

I think it's funny that Newt "defended" (LOL) Trump and now newsmax might consider dropping Trump to fix this shitstorm lol.

Forum List

Back