Mitt Romney Opposes the Tax Cut Bill

Quite honestly, I am not certain i support it either. I like the idea of my taxes not going up. But $300 Billion in spending for programs we dont need? Is it worth it?

Especially with this clear deception that people seem to think taxes are getting cut. They arent. We keep the taxes the same and then spend more money? What exactly are we getting in this deal?

this might be the first thing we agree on. the cost of extending the cuts is astronomical, as well as some of the other "pork" that has been thrown in to appease a few people is crap.

i liked the proposal the dems put up about raising taxes on those making over $1M per year, and making the cuts for everyone below.

Doesnt cost anything to extend tax cuts. It's not the governments money to begin with.

It's the spending on top of it that's a problem.

We need to cut taxes and cut spending. And then fix our individual lives. That is what will jumpstart the economy

This tax us into the ground and then spend us into inflation and high interest rates is just suicide.

there is an assumed cost if the government sees a decrease is anticipated revenues. (thats what i mean by cost) you can call it whatever you want though. we dont necessarily need to cut taxes, but i agree that we def need to cut spending. we spends like wildfire. our overall tax rates is at historically low levels.

Quite honestly, I am not certain i support it either. I like the idea of my taxes not going up. But $300 Billion in spending for programs we dont need? Is it worth it?

Especially with this clear deception that people seem to think taxes are getting cut. They arent. We keep the taxes the same and then spend more money? What exactly are we getting in this deal?

David Stockman said it clearly and concisely the other day - we couldn't afford these tax cuts when they passed originally and we can't afford them now.

Mitten...what a doofus. He changes his mind every day.

Romneycare will be the only nail needed in his coffin by the rightwingloons.

thats true, he will have to defend the Massachusetts mandate as well as the socialized healthcare he passed while governor.

problem is he won't get past the primaries...

I disagree. I think he's quite likely to be the nominee.

Atleast if he runs and the other people involved run.

not if palin runs, imo. i say she takes the first 3 primaries.

obviously a guess based on today's circumstances.

we'll see where we are a year from now.

I disagree. Mostly because I can see lots of votes being syphoned in different directions.

I know id still go with Romney over Palin. Of course, my vote wont matter because im in Pennsylvania.

That's right. he does. Just like all "good" politicians.

I disagree. I think he's quite likely to be the nominee.

Atleast if he runs and the other people involved run.

I disagree. Mostly because I can see lots of votes being syphoned in different directions.

I know id still go with Romney over Palin. Of course, my vote wont matter because im in Pennsylvania.

you think the election will be decided before super tuesday?

thats true, he will have to defend the Massachusetts mandate as well as the socialized healthcare he passed while governor.

Or he could simply confess it didnt work as he expected and that he wouldnt do it again if he had the chance... If that's his position.

As long as he is honest about who he is. I dont think he will have a problem.

you think the election will be decided before super tuesday?

No idea. But it wasnt in 08 and PA still didnt have much say in the primary.

Or he could simply confess it didnt work as he expected and that he wouldnt do it again if he had the chance... If that's his position.

As long as he is honest about who he is. I dont think he will have a problem.

very true, but the problem will be that the tea party and the far right conservatives will smear his face as directly in line with Obamacare and throw so much mud at him, he'll have difficulty getting out of the primaries.

David Stockman said it clearly and concisely the other day - we couldn't afford these tax cuts when they passed originally and we can't afford them now.

These arent tax cuts any more. They are maintaining the Status quo.

And its amazing how we cant afford cutting taxes, but we can funnel Trillions of dollars into entitlement programs we already know wont work.

These arent tax cuts any more. They are maintaining the Status quo.

seriously?

And its amazing how we cant afford cutting taxes, but we can funnel Trillions of dollars into entitlement programs we already know wont work.

what's amazing is that people who are working class are fighting so hard for rich people not to pay taxes and want to cut anything that helps people.

Forum List

Back