Mitt Romney: Okay, businesses do need government, after all

Then you shouldn't have been "insulted". Obama stated a fact.

The schism is the taxes to pay for all those services.

Like it or not..the government needs revenue to exist. And constant cuts in that revenue is patently stupid.

Still peddling that horseshit?

During the eight years of the Clinton Administration the Federal government collected a total of $5.66 trillion dollars in individual income taxes.

During the eight years of the Bush Administration the Federal government collected approximately $7.45 trillion dollars in individual income taxes.

The rich - that is, the top 1% of taxpayers - not only forked over a trillion dollars more to Uncle Sam under Bush than under Clinton, their share of the income tax burden increased from 33% to 38%.'

RealClearMarkets - The Hidden Truth About the Bush Tax Increases

What a fucking stupid statistic. Of course they paid a larger percentage during the past decade. That's because they made and controlled a larger percentage while the Bush tax cuts reduced the lowest marginal rate for everyone by 1/3 and the top marginal rate by only 1/7th. It's simple math.

The Nation enjoyed more Federal tax revenue under Bush vs. Clinton, thanks largely to the Bush Tax cuts, not less.

Thanks for playin!

and I was absolutly insulted to have our President say what he did...Obama believe we wouldn't BE where we all are IF IT WASN'T FOR Government..so don't try and blow smoke up our asses

I hate to get your panties in a wad, but you wouldn't be where you are today if not for the protections afforded by government. Get over it.
A complete and utter lie.

Still peddling that horseshit?

During the eight years of the Clinton Administration the Federal government collected a total of $5.66 trillion dollars in individual income taxes.

During the eight years of the Bush Administration the Federal government collected approximately $7.45 trillion dollars in individual income taxes.

The rich - that is, the top 1% of taxpayers - not only forked over a trillion dollars more to Uncle Sam under Bush than under Clinton, their share of the income tax burden increased from 33% to 38%.'

RealClearMarkets - The Hidden Truth About the Bush Tax Increases

What a fucking stupid statistic. Of course they paid a larger percentage during the past decade. That's because they made and controlled a larger percentage while the Bush tax cuts reduced the lowest marginal rate for everyone by 1/3 and the top marginal rate by only 1/7th. It's simple math.

The Nation enjoyed more Federal tax revenue under Bush vs. Clinton,

Eh, the nation always enjoys more tax revenue in one decade than in the previous. We call that economic growth and inflation.

Under Bush, however, we had the largest period of time between peaks in real tax revenues (2001 to 2006) in modern US history.

Thanks for playin!

and I was absolutly insulted to have our President say what he did...Obama believe we wouldn't BE where we all are IF IT WASN'T FOR Government..so don't try and blow smoke up our asses

I hate to get your panties in a wad, but you wouldn't be where you are today if not for the protections afforded by government. Get over it.
A complete and utter lie.

You're too full of shit to keep your claims straight. The founders established a government in order to protect private and intellectual property rights and so that we could defend ourselves from aggressors.

Without those things, you wouldn't be where you are.

Here is the COMMIE motto and what Obama was telling you..

you wouldn't be where you are today if not for the protections afforded by government.

VOTE him out people

Last edited:

Funny thing is, none of us who were insulted by Obama's comments have claimed otherwise.

Then you shouldn't have been "insulted". Obama stated a fact.

The schism is the taxes to pay for all those services.

Like it or not..the government needs revenue to exist. And constant cuts in that revenue is patently stupid.

As I have already said, I realize that government needs revenues to exist. I was awake that day during class, and I think I remember studying that while studying for my various securities licenses. Got it - government is funded by tax revenues, government spends tax revenues for a variety of reasons. Included in those expenditures are really important stuff like roads, bridges, stop signs. Roads are those big black things my car rolls over, bridges stop me from driving into the water, stop signs keep things nice and orderly at intersections. I get it.

Yet, this has still been an educational time for me. I've been called a variety of names, including "idiot" and "fucking idiot", because I was insulted at a gut level by something Obama said. I've been told I should not be insulted, and yet, though I agree with Obama on several issues, here I am. I can only apologize for my gut reaction to this, and my only defense is that I have not only started multiple businesses, I have helped others start and/or operate theirs, and I sure wish a President who has not done so would just lighten up on me and mine a bit.

Anyway, now that I know that someone who is insulted at a gut level by something is a "fucking idiot", I must admit I'm looking forward a bit to the next time someone whines about being insulted or offended by something a conservative says. And I'd make a lousy conservative.

Still, I'm looking forward to it.

Well, I've never been one of those people that have called you names.

But I do find it amazing that when someone speaks a plain truth in this country..that is contrary to the propaganda..it is met with such visceral discourse.

Mainly because there is a myth of the two fisted indivdualist that "makes his or her own way" with no help whatsoever. This was started, I suppose, some time ago..and reinforced in Hollywood westerns..and most notably by Ayn Rand.

But it's nothing more then that. A myth.

Eh, the nation always enjoys more tax revenue in one decade than in the previous.
We call that economic growth and inflation.

Under Bush, however, we had the largest period of time between peaks in real tax revenues (2001 to 2006) in modern US history.

Thanks for playin!

You are agreeing with me, then, which means you agree that Bush increased Federal tax receipts, not 'cut' them as your dumbed-ass Lefty cohort asserted.

Again, thank you for playing. You make pick up your consolation prize as you exit the studio.

Eh, the nation always enjoys more tax revenue in one decade than in the previous.

Thanks for playin!

You are agreeing with me, then, which means you agree that Bush increased Federal tax receipts, not 'cut' them as your dumbed-ass Lefty cohort asserted.

No, Bush didn't increase federal tax receipts. The economy increased federal tax receipts - however, we did experience the longest period between peaks in federal tax receipts in modern history.

In other words, while federal tax receipts always go up during a given decade, it's also true that federal tax receipts were below their peak for five straight years - a modern record for real revenues.

Thanks for playin!

No, Bush didn't increase federal tax receipts. The economy increased federal tax receipts - however, we did experience the longest period between peaks in federal tax receipts in modern history.

In other words, while federal tax receipts always go up during a given decade, it's also true that federal tax receipts were below their peak for five straight years - a modern record for real revenues.

You are struggling. Is it a Liberal Lie that Bush cut our tax revenues, or not?

No, it's not a lie. In fact, real revenues fell so precipitously that they didn't reach their previous peak for five years, a record in the modern era.

Your struggle seems to be an abject lack of knowledge, which happens when you get all of your economic education from Fox and Friends.

No, it's not a lie. In fact, real revenues fell so precipitously that they didn't reach their previous peak for five years, a record in the modern era.

Your struggle seems to be an abject lack of knowledge, which happens when you get all of your economic education from Fox and Friends.

You are so invested in your Liberal Lie that the truth gives you serious ass rash:

Read. Weep.:

'But the real jolt for tax-cutting opponents was that the 03 Bush tax cuts also generated a massive increase in federal tax receipts.

From 2004 to 2007, federal tax revenues increased by $785 billion, the largest four-year increase in American history.

According to the Treasury Department, individual and corporate income tax receipts were up 40 percent in the three years following the Bush tax cuts. And (bonus) the rich paid an even higher percentage of the total tax burden than they had at any time in at least the previous 40 years. This was news to theNew York Times, whose astonished editorial board could only describe the gains as a “surprise windfall.”

DWYER: Bush tax cuts boosted federal revenue - Washington Times

I only agree if Obama was trying to say something like this: If you make a business and its successful, good job. Keep it mind, however, the truly MASSIVE US infrastructure in place.

I don't doubt starting your own business is hard work, but keep in mind things like FOMC and the compare the availablity of credit in America to the accessablity of credit in other countries.

You are so invested in your Liberal Lie that the truth gives you serious ass rash:

Read. Weep.:

'But the real jolt for tax-cutting opponents was that the 03 Bush tax cuts also generated a massive increase in federal tax receipts.

From 2004 to 2007, federal tax revenues increased by $785 billion, the largest four-year increase in American history.

According to the Treasury Department, individual and corporate income tax receipts were up 40 percent in the three years following the Bush tax cuts. And (bonus) the rich paid an even higher percentage of the total tax burden than they had at any time in at least the previous 40 years. This was news to theNew York Times, whose astonished editorial board could only describe the gains as a “surprise windfall.”

I'm afraid you believe your post disproves mine. iT does not. Real tax revenues began a precipitous decline in 2001 and did not recover to their Pre-tax cut levels until 2006. The folks at the Moonie times are smart enough to make you look stupid.

Read. Weep.:

I'm afraid you believe your post disproves mine. iT does not. Real tax revenues began a precipitous decline in 2001 and did not recover to their Pre-tax cut levels until 2006. The folks at the Moonie times are smart enough to make you look stupid.

It's not even a newspaper anymore.

It's a right wing website. For Moonie Loonies.

Mitt Romney: Okay, businesses do need government, after all - The Plum Line - The Washington Post

“There are a lot of people in government who help us and allow us to have an economy that works and allow entrepenuers and business leaders of various kinds to start businesses and create jobs. We all recognize that. That’s an important thing.”

"oops"

:lol::lol::lol:

Romney did an "etch a sketch" in the very same speech.

It was amazing.

First he called Obama "foreign" for saying such a thing.

THEN..he agreed with it.

:badgrin:

We're not supposed to notice that Mittens got help in starting Bain, that he got financial help from daddy to dodge the draft and hide out in the lap of luxury in Paris, that Mittens just gave his son $10MILLION to start a business.

And of course, we're not supposed to notice that Mittens lied (AGAIN) about what the president actually said.

Read. Weep.:

"Mr. Bush’s deficits were the product of spending, not tax cuts"

LOL I LOVEE THIS, not really, but it is somewhat funny.

It was all by spending and none by taxes huh? I guess it would be naive to assume that the affect of spending on the defict was only increased by lower gov't revenues?

edit:STIMULATE INVESTMENT?
So basically you want to rebuild the dot com bubble?

Last edited:
Mitt Romney: Okay, businesses do need government, after all - The Plum Line - The Washington Post

“There are a lot of people in government who help us and allow us to have an economy that works and allow entrepenuers and business leaders of various kinds to start businesses and create jobs. We all recognize that. That’s an important thing.”

"oops"

:lol::lol::lol:

Romney did an "etch a sketch" in the very same speech.

It was amazing.

First he called Obama "foreign" for saying such a thing.

THEN..he agreed with it.

:badgrin:

We're not supposed to notice that Mittens got help in starting Bain, that he got financial help from daddy to dodge the draft and hide out in the lap of luxury in Paris, that Mittens just gave his son $10MILLION to start a business.

And of course, we're not supposed to notice that Mittens lied (AGAIN) about what the president actually said.

when did Obama serve?

Last edited:
I don't recall anyone EVER saying we don't need government.. that is another liberal lie just like the term trickle down economics.

Forum List

Back