Mitt Romney not so compassionate with women in his church

The OP is a kook, just look at its anti-Romney signature pictures.

When a kook with limited IQ tries to make an argument, it uses lameass stories dredged up by other kooks.

Amazing we've never seen negative stories about Obamination's past, yet the media can't find many people that knew or claim to know Obamination in his teen and college years.

Uh, the way you rw's went from saying you would hold your nose to vote for Mitt to saying he's the second coming is a really good indication of just how low the R has gone.

Good gawd, even convention attendees heckled him.

And, the sad and shameful performance of Eastwood's should make every real American angry but not you fools.

Jezzuss, what a bunch of fools.

Fuck you, you slimy asshole. He tried to persuade this woman to give up her wanted child for adoption. For what? To save face? What a pitiful coward Romney is.

*sniff sniff*

Tissue or tampon, asswipe?

Neither, ass suck. Just pointing out what a scumbag Romney is to threaten excommunication to a woman who wants to keep her child. Now go back and suck his asshole, and pretend that he shares your values.

Mitt Romney from all appearances is a good man, husband and father but he is somewhat removed from being able to identify and emphasize with ordinary people. I think that is a detriment for someone who will be working with a Republican congress passing some draconian legislation because he's very likely to go along with whatever it is due to his waffling nature. I just don't feel from what I've learned about him that he has women's interests truly at heart.

When Romney was a church leader, many saw his as aloof and always putting the church first.

A 23 year old woman who as a teenager babysat and did odd jobs for the Romney's recalls this incident:

She goes on to say that Romney told her that if she didn't give up her child, she'd be excommunicated from the church.

Another woman recalls needing an abortion for health reasons--a serious blood clot in her pelvis threatened her life. As bishop, Romney came to the hospital and told her the church's concern was for the fetus. She said she lay there helpless, huring and scared and he told her the fetus was primary and not her. She said her doctor also a Mormon told her she needed the abortion and Romney said he didn't believe her. She said she had the abortion but was very sad that she didn't receive compassion and caring from Romney.

Another woman's experience with Romney when she was being interviewed to go to the Temple:

LINK

When I look at the alternative, another 4 years of the most corrupt executive branch in the History of the United States.

I am over it.....

That's only because your an ignorant cock sucker, without an ounce of integrity in you entire body. What kind of moronic church excommunicates people who choose to raise a child?

Well there's a lot of that going around. You're living proof.

Another nutjob missing some genes....

The OP is a kook, just look at its anti-Romney signature pictures.

When a kook with limited IQ tries to make an argument, it uses lameass stories dredged up by other kooks.

Amazing we've never seen negative stories about Obamination's past, yet the media can't find many people that knew or claim to know Obamination in his teen and college years.

Uh, the way you rw's went from saying you would hold your nose to vote for Mitt to saying he's the second coming is a really good indication of just how low the R has gone.

Good gawd, even convention attendees heckled him.

And, the sad and shameful performance of Eastwood's should make every real American angry but not you fools.

Jezzuss, what a bunch of fools.

The documentary has been showing on, I think, Gore's station, Current so I'm sure the rw's won't watch it.

Interestingly, there is also a documentary about Obama ...

Neither documentary sugar coats anything about either candidate. There is positive and negative about both but yes, the woman who Romney wanted to give up her son is one of the segments.

I've posted links to morm sites that discuss this very thing. Not about Mitt but about the policies of the cult/church. Its not a secret so you rw's need to stop pretending you're all shocked about it.

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm not at all shocked about it. I don't give a shit about it.

Who does he think he is being disrespectful to women?

Bill Clinton?

Fuck you, you slimy asshole. He tried to persuade this woman to give up her wanted child for adoption. For what? To save face? What a pitiful coward Romney is.

How about in the best interests of both mom and baby? Putting the wellbeing of your child above your own desires is the act of a Mom who loves her child.

What a pitiful freak you are.

Mitt Romney from all appearances is a good man, husband and father but he is somewhat removed from being able to identify and emphasize with ordinary people. I think that is a detriment for someone who will be working with a Republican congress passing some draconian legislation because he's very likely to go along with whatever it is due to his waffling nature. I just don't feel from what I've learned about him that he has women's interests truly at heart.

When Romney was a church leader, many saw his as aloof and always putting the church first.

Romney’s leadership was not so rosy for everyone, though. As both bishop and stake president, he at times clashed with women he felt strayed too far from church beliefs and practice. To them, he lacked the empathy and courage that they had known in other leaders, putting the church first even at times of great personal vulnerability.

A 23 year old woman who as a teenager babysat and did odd jobs for the Romney's recalls this incident:

Then Romney called Hayes one winter day and said he wanted to come over and talk. He arrived at her apartment in Somerville, a dense, largely working-class city just north of Boston. They chitchatted for a few minutes. Then Romney said something about the church’s adoption agency. Hayes initially thought she must have misunderstood. But Romney’s intent became apparent: he was urging her to give up her soon-to-be-born son for adoption, saying that was what the church wanted. Indeed, the church encourages adoption in cases where “a successful marriage is unlikely.”

She goes on to say that Romney told her that if she didn't give up her child, she'd be excommunicated from the church.

Not long after, Hayes gave birth to a son. She named him Dane. At nine months old, Dane needed serious, and risky, surgery. The bones in his head were fused together, restricting the growth of his brain, and would need to be separated. Hayes was scared. She sought emotional and spiritual support from the church once again. Looking past their uncomfortable conversation before Dane’s birth, she called Romney and asked him to come to the hospital to confer a blessing on her baby. Hayes was expecting him. Instead, two people she didn’t know showed up. She was crushed. “I needed him,” she said. “It was very significant that he didn’t come.” Sitting there in the hospital, Hayes decided she was finished with the Mormon Church. The decision was easy, yet she made it with a heavy heart. ...

Another woman recalls needing an abortion for health reasons--a serious blood clot in her pelvis threatened her life. As bishop, Romney came to the hospital and told her the church's concern was for the fetus. She said she lay there helpless, huring and scared and he told her the fetus was primary and not her. She said her doctor also a Mormon told her she needed the abortion and Romney said he didn't believe her. She said she had the abortion but was very sad that she didn't receive compassion and caring from Romney.

Another woman's experience with Romney when she was being interviewed to go to the Temple:

She wasn’t sure what to expect. Despite Romney’s willingness to allow some changes in 1993, he and Dushku had clashed over the church’s treatment of women. “He says something like ‘I suspect, if you’ve gotten through both of the interviews, there’s nothing I can do to keep you from going to the temple,’ ” Dushku recalled. “I said, ‘Well, why would you want to keep me from going to the temple?’ ” Romney’s answer, Dushku said, was biting. “He said, ‘Well, Judy, I just don’t understand why you stay in the church.’ ” She asked him whether he wanted her to really answer that question. “And he said, ‘No, actually. I don’t understand it, but I also don’t care. I don’t care why you do. But I can tell you one thing: you’re not my kind of Mormon.’ ” With that, Dushku said, he dismissively signed her recommendation to visit the temple and let her go. Dushku was deeply hurt.

LINK

I've read your stories and find them just stories unless I see them telling the stories themselves and determine their credibility. I heard from some of his parishioners last night and I can vouch for their credibility because I saw them for myself.

I saw the compassion from that man who closed his own company and paid the expenses of all the managers to look for a lost teenager. And found her, I saw the families of two dying children who needed help and received it from Romney.

I heard also about Obama's brother and aunt who needed help and has been dismissed by the president. If I believe your stories, I believe theirs.

Judith Dushku is the founder of Exponent II, a Mormon feminist publication.

She's also the mother of this fine young thing...
14088937_ori.jpg

ElizaDushku_0014.jpg

eliza-dushku.jpg

Eliza+Dushku+hot+%252811%2529.jpg

Forum List

Back