Mitt Romney: Mothers Should Be Required To Work Outside Home Or Lose Benefits

Man, watching liberals twist themselves all into knots...AND over what?

Mrs. Romney wasn't a STAY at home mom receiving monies from the taxpayers in the form of a WELFARE CHECK..

good gawd

Mitt Romney: Mothers Should Be Required To Work Outside Home Or Lose Benefits Oops :lol:
Troll. as a person who despises Romneys for other reasons, I must say his words were twisted, by your link source "huffington post"
THIS IS THEIR WAY OF PROMOTION OF CANDIDATE (Romney in this case)

Oops :lol:

WASHINGTON -- Women who stay at home to raise their children should be given federal assistance for child care so that they can enter the job market and "have the dignity of work," Mitt Romney said in January, undercutting the sense of extreme umbrage he showed when Democratic strategist Hilary Rosen quipped last week that Ann Romney had not "worked a day in her life."

The remark, made to a Manchester, N.H., audience, was unearthed by MSNBC's "Up w/Chris Hayes," and will air during the 8 a.m. hour of his show Sunday.

Ann Romney and her husband's campaign fired back hard at Rosen following her remark. "I made a choice to stay home and raise five boys. Believe me, it was hard work," Romney said on Twitter.

Mitt Romney, however, judging by his January remark, views stay-at-home moms who are supported by federal assistance much differently than those backed by hundreds of millions in private equity income. Poor women, he said, shouldn't be given a choice, but instead should be required to work outside the home to receive Temporary Assistance for Needy Families benefits. "[E]ven if you have a child 2 years of age, you need to go to work," Romney said of moms on TANF.

Recalling his effort as governor to increase the amount of time women on welfare in Massachusetts were required to work, Romney noted that some had considered his proposal "heartless," but he argued that the women would be better off having "the dignity of work" -- a suggestion Ann Romney would likely take issue with.

With regards to welfare assistance he is absolutely correct. If the choice is work or welfare- The entitlement mentality that lays claim to the income of others has become a malignant cancer that creates malaise. I too support child care assistance to get people working-

Ann Romney is not asking for others to pay for her choice. Other couples who can likewise make their own sacrifices to have a parent at home are not asking others to pay for it. Your post here demonstrates a ridiculous inability to understand the difference.

What "entitles" the government to spend 300 billion on a plane that never materialized?
What "entitles" government to spend 75 billion on a missile "defense" system that doesn't work?
What "entitles" government to give huge subsidies to companies that make more money the every company has in the history of capitalism?

Funny..the only entitlement you guys hate are the entitlements that help people that really need it.

But I though being a mother WAS the hardest work on the planet...everyone says so.

Isn't it the most honorable work on the planet, raising the next generation of children? Don't we want to encourage more parental involvement?

Let's take a working poor family. Father works two jobs. Neither of his jobs provide healthcare for him and his family. They are poor enough to qualify for assistance so let's require the mother to work (despite having a young child) to "pay" for those benefits this family needs in order to survive.

So now, the mother has to work just to pay for the daycare. This puts them just over the poverty level and no longer qualify for the benefits. Mother must go to work full time to make up for it and viola, we've created another latchkey kid that doesn't get help with their homework, fails in class and can never pull themselves out of poverty. Brilliant!

maybe they should have figured out the couldn't afford children BEFORE they had children.. why should society pay for them to have children?

On one hand you want the government force women who are pregnant to carry them to term..and on the other hand you want the government to abandon them once they are born..

Charles Dickens would have a field day with your type.

Which federal law states that woman must get pregnant? That's right.... none. Not rocket science. What federal law states that woman cannot use birth control? That's right... there isn't one. Just because I refuse to pay for your birth control, does not mean you cannot have it... you just have to get it without my money. Not rocket science.... beginning to see a pattern here?

the fundamental question is why should hard working Federal Income Tax Payers pay for people to have children? it's not society's faulth that you have children you cannot afford,, and NO government should not pay for your damn condoms and birth control pills either.

Well why should the federal government pay for executives to fly around the world in first class?
Or go to baseball games?
Or eat at 5 star restaurants?
Or go to plays?
Or go to strip clubs?
Or stay at the best hotels?

Me? I'd rather feed kids who have trouble getting a meal.

did you send a memo to michelle?

Dick Fuld thanks you for his "golden" parachute.

Oops :lol:

WASHINGTON -- Women who stay at home to raise their children should be given federal assistance for child care so that they can enter the job market and "have the dignity of work," Mitt Romney said in January, undercutting the sense of extreme umbrage he showed when Democratic strategist Hilary Rosen quipped last week that Ann Romney had not "worked a day in her life."

The remark, made to a Manchester, N.H., audience, was unearthed by MSNBC's "Up w/Chris Hayes," and will air during the 8 a.m. hour of his show Sunday.

Ann Romney and her husband's campaign fired back hard at Rosen following her remark. "I made a choice to stay home and raise five boys. Believe me, it was hard work," Romney said on Twitter.

Mitt Romney, however, judging by his January remark, views stay-at-home moms who are supported by federal assistance much differently than those backed by hundreds of millions in private equity income. Poor women, he said, shouldn't be given a choice, but instead should be required to work outside the home to receive Temporary Assistance for Needy Families benefits. "[E]ven if you have a child 2 years of age, you need to go to work," Romney said of moms on TANF.

Recalling his effort as governor to increase the amount of time women on welfare in Massachusetts were required to work, Romney noted that some had considered his proposal "heartless," but he argued that the women would be better off having "the dignity of work" -- a suggestion Ann Romney would likely take issue with.

This part bears repeating. :)

maybe they should have figured out the couldn't afford children BEFORE they had children.. why should society pay for them to have children?

On one hand you want the government force women who are pregnant to carry them to term..and on the other hand you want the government to abandon them once they are born..

Which federal law states that woman must get pregnant? That's right.... none. Not rocket science. What federal law states that woman cannot use birth control? That's right... there isn't one. Just because I refuse to pay for your birth control, does not mean you cannot have it... you just have to get it without my money. Not rocket science.... beginning to see a pattern here?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aEvzuA4f0c]WAR Aviation - Shock & Awe Bombing Of Baghdad - Operation Ir - YouTube[/ame]

I didn't want to pay for that fucking war crime. Neither did some 60% of the American people.

Sucks..don't it.

the fundamental question is why should hard working Federal Income Tax Payers pay for people to have children? it's not society's faulth that you have children you cannot afford,, and NO government should not pay for your damn condoms and birth control pills either.

Well why should the federal government pay for executives to fly around the world in first class?
Or go to baseball games?
Or go to plays?
Or go to strip clubs?

did you send a memo to michelle?

Michelle Obama has gone all-in on issues of childhood nutrition and feeding those in need.

First Lady Michelle Obama showed up Thursday as a surprise and welcome volunteer at Miriam's Kitchen, a soup kitchen for homeless poor people not far from the White House

But I though being a mother WAS the hardest work on the planet...everyone says so.

Isn't it the most honorable work on the planet, raising the next generation of children? Don't we want to encourage more parental involvement?

Let's take a working poor family. Father works two jobs. Neither of his jobs provide healthcare for him and his family. They are poor enough to qualify for assistance so let's require the mother to work (despite having a young child) to "pay" for those benefits this family needs in order to survive.

So now, the mother has to work just to pay for the daycare. This puts them just over the poverty level and no longer qualify for the benefits. Mother must go to work full time to make up for it and viola, we've created another latchkey kid that doesn't get help with their homework, fails in class and can never pull themselves out of poverty. Brilliant!

Sean Hannity claimed the other day that being a mom, raising children was a 24/7 job.

Does that mean that he believes working moms are neglecting their jobs as mothers?

Or go to baseball games?
Or go to plays?
Or go to strip clubs?

How many meals do you think that 500 million that went to Solyndra would have bought?

As to the OP topic. If you can arrange your finances so that you can stay at home and raise your children without expecting the government to pay your bills, then you should be able to do so without Whitehouse operatives claiming that you're too ignorant to express an opinion on national issues.

If you have children and can't arrange your finances so that you can stay home and raise them without the government having to pay your bills, then you need to quickly work towards getting off government assistance. You don't have a constitutional right to have others pay for your personal reproductive decisions.

that's the bottom line.. you should be able to make whatever choice you can afford to make, without government subsidy and without democrat wide mouths insulting the piss out of you.

Sean Hannity claimed the other day that being a mom, raising children was a 24/7 job.

Does that mean that he believes working moms are neglecting their jobs as mothers?

That's what Dr. Laura believes.

How many meals do you think that 500 million that went to Solyndra would have bought?

Not as many as the 4 billion in oil company tax breaks. Not as much as reducing our nuclear stockpile. Not as much as reducing our military workforce. Not as much as closing tax loopholes that allow the rich to pay less in taxes than the average working American.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aEvzuA4f0c]WAR Aviation - Shock & Awe Bombing Of Baghdad - Operation Ir - YouTube[/ame]

I didn't want to pay for that fucking war crime. Neither did some 60% of the American people.

Sucks..don't it.

What sucks in this forum is your lack of logical reasoning...just sayin'

Constitutionally speaking Military defense spending is legitimate. That said, Spending to get someone back on their feet is helping that family- The old adage of "if you want to feed a village teach them how to farm".

By the way the Irag war when it began had more then a 40% support.

Not as many as the 4 billion in oil company tax breaks. Not as much as reducing our nuclear stockpile. Not as much as reducing our military workforce. Not as much as closing tax loopholes that allow the rich to pay less in taxes than the average working American.

You mean things like being able to shelter your income by giving it tax free to your children like the Obama's did. Those kind of loopholes? How about we close all the loopholes and just make our tax system streamlined and equal. Everyone pays the same percentage on every dollar. That way you don't have one American demanding to be carried by the others.

And we could buy a lot of meals for the 205, 075.00 that we paid to move a freaking bush in California.

Last edited:

Not everyone. Mostly, it's mothers who are insecure with their actual parenting ability, and men who are too chicken-shit to say risk the politically-incorrect.

An emergency room physician told me that a woman in
her late 20's came to the ER today with her 8thpregnancy.

She told the first doctor she saw: "My Mama told me that I am the breadwinner for the family."

He asked her to explain. She said that she can make babies and babies get money from the State for the family.

It goes like this:

The Grandma calls the Department of Child & Family Services, and states that the unemployed daughter is not capable of caring for all of her kids.
DCFS agrees, and tells her the children will need to go into foster care.

The Grandma then volunteers to be the foster parent, and receives a check for
$1500 per child each month in Illinois.

Total yearly income:

$144,000 tax-free and nobody has to go to work! In fact, they get more if there is
no husband/father/man in the home!

Not to mention free healthcare (Medicaid), plus a monthly card entitling them to free groceries and a voucher for 250 free Obamaphone minutes each month. This does not include WIC and other welfare benefits...that they are "entitled" to.

Indeed, Grandma was correct that her fertile daughter is the "breadwinner" for the family.

This is how the liberal politicians spend our tax dollars. When this generous program was invented in the '60s, the Great Society architects forgot to craft an end date... and now we are hopelessly overrun with people who vote only for those who will continue to keep them on the dole....

No wonder our country is broke! Worse, the Muslims have been paying attention, and by mandating that each Muslim family have eleven children, they will soon replace the voting bloc above and can be running this country within 50 years.

Are we alarmed yet? Is anybody listening?

Sincerely,
Sebastian
J. Ciancio, M.D. Urologist,
DanvillePolyclinic, LTD

Is this a GREAT COUNTRY or what...?

Don't forget to pay your Taxes

Last edited:

Forum List

Back