Mitt Romney Media Criticism Continues

Rinata

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2009
Romney endured a day of terrible press after he criticized the Obama administration's response to protests in Cairo and Benghazi, as well as the killing of the American ambassador to Libya.

Speaking to Rachel Maddow, NBC's Andrea Mitchell said that "It was one of those moments where the character and the policy were both revealed. I think they were looking for an opportunity. This is a serious business. This is not the stuff of combative political press releases. I can't recall, Rachel, and I don't think you can, another time when the United States was under fire, literally, where a presidential candidate in either party put out a press release."

Peggy Noonan, who made waves with her criticism of Romney on Fox News, had an even more withering assessment for her own Wall Street Journal.

"Romney looked weak today," she said. "At one point, he had a certain slight grimace on his face when he was taking tough questions from the reporters, and I thought, 'He looks like Richard Nixon.'":lol::lol::lol:

On Thursday morning, Joe Scarborough said he had been "absolutely flabbergasted" by Romney's response.

Even Bill O'Reilly called Romney out, though very briefly. Playing footage of Romney criticizing the Egyptian embassy for issuing a statement that was "akin to apology."

"I'm not sure the Governor is correct on that," O'Reilly said. "The embassy was trying to head off the violence. Being conciliatory in that kind of a situation seems logical."

Mitt Romney Media Criticism Continues: 'He Looks Like Richard Nixon,' 'The Character And The Policy Were Both Revealed'

I'm surprised at Bill O'Reilly. He got it right for a change.

Forum List

Back