Mitt Romney Loves Coal Miners

So when are you going to ban smoking?

I bet you support filling your lungs with marijuana smoke too.

I have one.

As Mine Protections Fail, Black Lung Cases Surge
As Mine Protections Fail, Black Lung Cases Surge : NPR

And of course there's all sorts of medical articles about Black Lung Disease and many regarding coal's effect on God's Earth!

Democrats are going to protect health by making sure everyone is unemployed. Makes pure democrat sense.

Now that's a stretch but let's add a fact, at least they'll be alive!

Only an idiot liberal would bring up coal miners when Obamination is getting many of them fired by closing down their mines via the EPA......
Well, you are a rightie, so I'm guessing you're cool with them blasting off mountain tops and filling people's wells in the valleys with black water. Am I right? I will forever HATE and CURSE shrub for allowing this practice to be legal.

Clean coal does that?

Nice lie, dumbfuck.

If coal mines were blowing up mountains and turning the water black, I'm sure your mass media would be covering it.

The EPA is shutting down coal mines over the global warming bullshit. Strange, back in the 70s you dumbfucks said coal made the planet....cold.:eusa_whistle:

Only an idiot liberal would bring up coal miners when Obamination is getting many of them fired by closing down their mines via the EPA......

Well, you are a rightie, so I'm guessing you're cool with them blasting off mountain tops and filling people's wells in the valleys with black water. Am I right? I will forever HATE and CURSE shrub for allowing this practice to be legal.

Coal mines are getting beat on pricing by natural gas.

Don't blame the EPA, it's called the free market.

The work force has to shift from coal to cheaper greener energy.

You're an idiot, the EPA is forcing the closure of coal mines and putting people out of work.

There's a reason why Democraps in WV don't like Obamination.

Nice lie, dumbfuck.

If coal mines were blowing up mountains and turning the water black, I'm sure your mass media would be covering it.

The EPA is shutting down coal mines over the global warming bullshit. Strange, back in the 70s you dumbfucks said coal made the planet....cold.:eusa_whistle:

Coal mines are getting beat on pricing by natural gas.

Don't blame the EPA, it's called the free market.

The work force has to shift from coal to cheaper greener energy.

Nice lie, dumbfuck.

What makes you think the corporate media is going to cover corporate malfeasance, or the plight of poor people? You might try watching PBS once in a while, instead of the Fox propaganda channel.

Bill Moyers Journal . MOUNTAINTOP MINING | PBS

Independent Lens . RAZING APPALACHIA . Mountaintop Removal Strip Mining | PBS

Deep Down | Film on Mountaintop Mining | Independent Lens | PBS

I'll post in it for you. ;)

And you think Romney, the guy who forced goal miners to take a day without pay to appear in a photo op, would be better?

If so, I have some lovely beach property around Tikrit that you may be interested in. :D

Romney didn't force anyone, the boss of these workers did that. Nothing like lying, is there.

There is no way that a company can force you to do anything for them for nothing,suspect this is all BS

We have strict labor laws

What a lameass argument.

Workers today have more protective gear working in coal mines, but of course your argument to shut them down is some black lung in rare workers.:eusa_whistle:

Black Lung Disease - Topic Overview
Black Lung Disease-Topic Overview

Black Lung On The Rise After Declining In The 70s And 80s.

Black lung, or "Coal workers' pneumoconiosis," is a preventable disease caused by exposure to coal mine dust. It causes chronic cough, shortness of breath and restriction of airflow. In September 2007, the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health announced that black lung rates among coal miners had doubled in the previous decade:

• Ten years ago, about 4 percent of coal miners with 25 or more years of experience showed signs of black lung disease.

• But new X-ray data from 2005 and 2006 found about 9 percent of miners with 25 or more years working underground showed lung abnormalities that indicate black lung.

• Rates among miners with 20 to 24 years of experience also increased, from 2.5 percent to about 6 percent, over the same period, according to NIOSH data.

• Since NIOSH began its miners X-ray study program in 1970, black lung rates had consistently declined. A small increase occurred between 1995 and 2000, and the most recent data shows that trend worsening.
[Charleston Gazette, 9/14/07, via Nexis]

Investigation Reveals Negligence On Part Of Industry, Regulators.

Last week, iWatch News released reports, with support from NPR and Ken Ward of the Charleston Gazette, on the resurgence of black lung and the failure of regulators to prevent and punish violations:

The disease's resurgence represents a failure to deliver on a 40-year-old pledge to miners in which few are blameless, an investigation by the Center for Public Integrity and NPR has found. The system for monitoring dust levels is tailor-made for cheating, and mining companies haven't been shy about doing so. Meanwhile, regulators often have neglected to enforce even these porous rules. Again and again, attempts at reform have failed.

A Center analysis of databases maintained by the federal Mine Safety and Health Administration found that miners have been breathing too much dust for years, but MSHA has issued relatively few violations and routinely allowed companies extra time to fix problems. [iWatch News, 7/8/12, emphasis added]

News Outlets Largely Ignored Surging Threat To Coal Miners And Lack Of Reform.

We analyzed coverage by searching "black lung or pneumoconiosis or silicosis" in Nexis and Factiva from October 14, 2010 (when the MHSA rule was proposed) through July 13, 2012. News outlets included in the study are the Associated Press, The New York Times, The Washington Post, The Los Angeles Times, The Wall Street Journal, USA TODAY, PBS, NPR, ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN and the primetime shows on MSNBC and Fox News.

• In total, these news outlets only mentioned the recent increase in black lung cases on 7 occasions since October 2010. Each of those instances came from AP, the Wall Street Journal, PBS or NPR.

• CNN, ABC, CBS, NBC, USA TODAY, and Fox News did not mention present-day U.S. cases of black lung at all during the study period.

• Since October 2010, only AP, NPR and the New York Times have mentioned Republican obstruction of the MHSA rule.

chartgopobstructionblacklung.jpg

ref

And you think Romney, the guy who forced goal miners to take a day without pay to appear in a photo op, would be better?

If so, I have some lovely beach property around Tikrit that you may be interested in. :D

Romney didn't force anyone, the boss of these workers did that. Nothing like lying, is there.

There is no way that a company can force you to do anything for them for nothing,suspect this is all BS

We have strict labor laws

Really? On THIS planet. Try taking a copy of the Bill of Rights on corporate property and demand that those right be honored. Have bail money with you.

No,dear. A spokesperson has come along behind to tidy up the mess and is now stating it was voluntary, even though the workers were told at the time of the event that it was mandatory.

I hope you don't stroke out. You seem kind of agitated.

If someone hands you a strawberry and tells you that it's blue, you may correct them. If they persist, then you aren't dealing with a rational person..

You're a mindless hack. It's been proven that the meeting wasn't mandatory and that many chose not to attend, with no repercussions. That you persist in lying doesn't mean that the facts have altered, it just means that you're a fucktard - another lying leftist.

You have no honor and you're stupid, what a winning combination, hack.

If my boss says a meeting is "mandatory", what does that mean? Does it mean it is optional?

man·da·to·ry/ˈmandəˌtôrē/Adjective:
1.Required by law or rules; compulsory: "wearing helmets is mandatory".
2.Of or conveying a command: "he did not want the guidelines to be mandatory".

I don't give a rat's ass what those corporate douches say AFTER they got caught. They ADMITTED that employees were told it was mandatory. End of story.

If the boss had said the meeting was mandatory, that would be relevant, but since he specifically said that is wasn't , as you hacks have been shown a dozen times, it isn't.

{"Rob Moore made it abundantly clear that no employees were forced to attend the Romney event. All participation was, and always has been, completely voluntary."}

You lying fucktard.

Interesting what you didn't bold.

Kevin Crutchfield, the company’s chief executive officer, said the lay-offs and the closings of the non-union mines are the result a difficult market in which power plants are switching to abundant, less-expensive natural gas and "a regulatory environment that's aggressively aimed at constraining the use of coal."

OMG, Obama has a co-conspirator...the market

The EPA is constraining the use of coal, moron. You just said so, but then you blame the market?

Really? On THIS planet. Try taking a copy of the Bill of Rights on corporate property and demand that those right be honored. Have bail money with you.

No corporation can legally violate the Bill of Rights. Anyone who believes otherwise is simply a moron.

The EPA isn't shutting down coal mines over Black Lung disease that is lied about in your "biased" studies, they are shutting down the mines to "save the planet."

Today you asswipes are claiming Global Warming is tied to coal mines, but in the 1970s you claimed Global Cooling was tied to coal mines. You dumbfucks can't make up your mind.

I do find it pathetic this thread is about a coal mine shutting down for a day when the EPA is closing them for good without a peep from you scumbags.

Oh, you can shove your biased charts and studies up your ass.

What a lameass argument.

Workers today have more protective gear working in coal mines, but of course your argument to shut them down is some black lung in rare workers.:eusa_whistle:

Black Lung Disease - Topic Overview
Black Lung Disease-Topic Overview

Black Lung On The Rise After Declining In The 70s And 80s.

Black lung, or "Coal workers' pneumoconiosis," is a preventable disease caused by exposure to coal mine dust. It causes chronic cough, shortness of breath and restriction of airflow. In September 2007, the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health announced that black lung rates among coal miners had doubled in the previous decade:

• Ten years ago, about 4 percent of coal miners with 25 or more years of experience showed signs of black lung disease.

• But new X-ray data from 2005 and 2006 found about 9 percent of miners with 25 or more years working underground showed lung abnormalities that indicate black lung.

• Rates among miners with 20 to 24 years of experience also increased, from 2.5 percent to about 6 percent, over the same period, according to NIOSH data.

• Since NIOSH began its miners X-ray study program in 1970, black lung rates had consistently declined. A small increase occurred between 1995 and 2000, and the most recent data shows that trend worsening.
[Charleston Gazette, 9/14/07, via Nexis]

Investigation Reveals Negligence On Part Of Industry, Regulators.

Last week, iWatch News released reports, with support from NPR and Ken Ward of the Charleston Gazette, on the resurgence of black lung and the failure of regulators to prevent and punish violations:

The disease's resurgence represents a failure to deliver on a 40-year-old pledge to miners in which few are blameless, an investigation by the Center for Public Integrity and NPR has found. The system for monitoring dust levels is tailor-made for cheating, and mining companies haven't been shy about doing so. Meanwhile, regulators often have neglected to enforce even these porous rules. Again and again, attempts at reform have failed.

A Center analysis of databases maintained by the federal Mine Safety and Health Administration found that miners have been breathing too much dust for years, but MSHA has issued relatively few violations and routinely allowed companies extra time to fix problems. [iWatch News, 7/8/12, emphasis added]

News Outlets Largely Ignored Surging Threat To Coal Miners And Lack Of Reform.

We analyzed coverage by searching "black lung or pneumoconiosis or silicosis" in Nexis and Factiva from October 14, 2010 (when the MHSA rule was proposed) through July 13, 2012. News outlets included in the study are the Associated Press, The New York Times, The Washington Post, The Los Angeles Times, The Wall Street Journal, USA TODAY, PBS, NPR, ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN and the primetime shows on MSNBC and Fox News.

• In total, these news outlets only mentioned the recent increase in black lung cases on 7 occasions since October 2010. Each of those instances came from AP, the Wall Street Journal, PBS or NPR.

• CNN, ABC, CBS, NBC, USA TODAY, and Fox News did not mention present-day U.S. cases of black lung at all during the study period.

• Since October 2010, only AP, NPR and the New York Times have mentioned Republican obstruction of the MHSA rule.

chartgopobstructionblacklung.jpg

ref

Last edited:

Forum List

Back