Mitt Romney kicks off 2012 presidential bid

How's that? He's still defending passing "Obamacare" at a state level. He didn't say "we tried it and it didn't work." He didn't say "it was a mistake and I regret doing it." Nuancing federalism as the difference between Romneycare and Obamacare neither pacifies skeptics nor wins him votes.

Yes and I dont have a problem with a state deciding they want to do romneycare. If I dont like it I can move to NH or RI or VT or ME or wherever, i can leave my state if romneycare bothers me. Its also within the constitution for a state to impliment this type of program.

However, Obamacare is different as it violates states rights under the 10th while at the same time forcing all americans to buy a product from a private company or face govt penalties. I can't move to another state if I dont like Obama care and the obamacare law vastly overreaches the fed's authority as specifically outlined in our constitution and its ammendments.

For me, RomenyCare, is a non-issue because of this fundamental difference between what my state did and what my federal government passed into law.
I don't necessarily disagree. My point was that for primary voters, I don't believe defending his plan in the way he's chosen, has helped Romney turn "it into a positive from a negative."

Ok. Thanks for making sure I understood where you were coming from.

you know messageboards, sometimes we dont see the intent of posts ;)

Kicking off his campaign? What is with you people and violence? If anyone gets hurt, I'm turning you in.

I'm accepting campaign contributions FROM candidates. Trust me, it will helpl you Waaaaaaaaaay more than a TV ad.

As long as the court accepts a waterboarded confession, I am okay. Need swimmies?

I really hope Romney gets the nomination. It will make a clear statement that the Republican party is no home for libertarians.

Romeny/Cain
Romney/Paul

Both are fine with me
:).

That's retarded. Romney and Ron Paul are nowhere near close enough on the issues to be running mates. Ron Paul probably thinks Romney is just as bad as Obama. There's no way they'd get along. Plus, Romney is CFR and Ron Paul opposes the CFR.

Come on Repubs...This guys is no better than McCain.

Repubs need someone truly Conservative.

Who would you like to see run? Who would make the best POTUS

I like Michele Bachmann or Sarah Palin. These two women get it!!!

Last edited:
In the general, I'll be voting for ABO...anybody but Obama. In the primary, my heart is with Ron Paul but I'm also liking Cain. When others enter the race, I'll research their positions diligently and make a decision. Too early to tell at this time.

A conservative in SoCal eh? Unless it's Orange County, you must be one lonely dude.

Romney is very, very smart. He understands business and, more importantly, has a good grasp of economics. I may not agree with everything he does but I'd probably vote for him. I'd like to see him pick Cain as VP. Give Cain 4 years experience inside politics and Cain would be a great candidate to follow Romney.

Neither Bachmann or Palin are even close to smart enough to run this country. Disappointing, but them's the breaks.

He's very strong economically speaking and - right now - I'd go for strong economically over pretty much anything. Even though there are things that I fundamentally disagree with him about, I'd sacrifice that for getting someone in the Oval Office who would make better decisions to get America working again.

yes well, he won't get ahead by putting his head in the sand ala his health-care background, he is being very stupid and has given his opponents massive material on that front.

Romney is very, very smart. He understands business and, more importantly, has a good grasp of economics. I may not agree with everything he does but I'd probably vote for him. I'd like to see him pick Cain as VP. Give Cain 4 years experience inside politics and Cain would be a great candidate to follow Romney.

Cain might be a plausible VP...however? I see 'Romneycare' as dogging him...Since Obama has seen fit to tout it...

Neither Bachmann or Palin are even close to smart enough to run this country. Disappointing, but them's the breaks.

why is bachmann not smart enough:eusa_eh:

Well you see, the patented excuse for the GOP losing is always that the candidate was not CON$ervative enough. Rather than admit that Celebutard Palin and Moochele Bachmann the Welfare Queen will lose precisely because they are too CON$ervative, the CON$ would rather say they are too stupid to win.

Well you see, the patented excuse for the GOP losing is always that the candidate was not CON$ervative enough. Rather than admit that Celebutard Palin and Moochele Bachmann the Welfare Queen will lose precisely because they are too CON$ervative, the CON$ would rather say they are too stupid to win.

*WEAK* Very weak. You still REFUSE to differentiate between Repubican and Conservative.

Romney understands economics? Then why did he about bankrupt his state with a healthcare plan? He says what you want to hear, but he's a liberal in Republican garb, beware.

Romney floundered with health care, big time. He committed political suicide with the green shit.

Forum List

Back