"Mitt Romney is not the face of Mormonism!"

JoeB131

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2011
Chicago, Chicago, that Toddling Town
Kind of scary when his own peeps break bad on him.

Gregory A. Prince, Ph.D.: Mitt Romney Is Not the Face of Mormonism

When the news of Mitt Romney's Florida video broke on Monday evening, I was incensed -- but not for its political implications. His arrogant and out-of-hand dismissal of half the population of this country struck me at a visceral level, for it sullied the religion that he and I share -- the religion for which five generations of my ancestry have lived and sacrificed, the religion whose official mantra is "to take care of the poor and needy throughout the world." My first impulse was to rent an airplane towing a banner: "Mitt Romney is Not the Face of Mormonism!"....

That face of Mormonism is the one that calls on some of its members, particularly bishops and stake presidents, to devote as many hours gratis to their church jobs as they do to their professional jobs. It is the one that summons up extraordinary acts of love, compassion and generosity, often in response to the deepest tragedies of life -- and death.

But it is not the one that dismisses out-of-hand half the population of the United States by saying, "My job is not to worry about those people. I'll never convince them they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives."

Honorable Mormons are turning on Mitt. Meanwhile, false Christians on the right still support him.

Last edited:
"Mitt Romney is not the face of Mormonism!"

NOOO, this guy is:
Harry_Reid_official_portr-1.jpg

imageso-1-1.jpg

Time and Seasons Mormon of the Year Award in 2009 .....

http://timesandseasons.org/index.php/2010/01/times-and-seasons-2009-mormon-of-the-year-harry-reid/

Last edited:

Forum List

Back