Mitt Romney is going to get the GOP nomination.......and he is a cupcake

I used to worry that Mitt could run a strong campaign against Obama. The more I see of him the more obvious it is that he is stiff, awkward and uncomfortable around people. At times, he is downright creepy

He has little chance against Obama

hitting the alcohol a few days early?

Mitt is uninspiring

He seems like a ventriloquist dummy up there

Better that than a Stuttering ventriloquist dummy. :D

For the record, I was born in 1962, and I've always been told that is part of the "baby Boom". Now, I'll admit that I don't think my generation was as noble or great as my father's WWII generation, where my dad and all his friends defined themselves by "What they did in the War". But I still think it was a generation that valued hard work.
That'd depend on who's defining.....

If your efforts are geared towards helping ALL people (who come after you), rather-than what you (as an individual) can stuff in your own pocket.....it hardly devalues what those (who work for social-justice) are doing.

Some jobs don't pay as well as others. The value of any job is relative.​

I used to worry that Mitt could run a strong campaign against Obama. The more I see of him the more obvious it is that he is stiff, awkward and uncomfortable around people. At times, he is downright creepy

yep, that is why he is the only Possible GOP candidate who has ever beaten Obama in a head to head Poll. Holding an 8 Point lead over him now.

Single Best shot to beat Obama out of the Current Choices by far.

Miss_Cleo.jpg

Ill says this, if Romney gets the the nomination, he will win in a landslide.
Yeah.....but, you believe in talking-snakes.....virgin-births....and, people who hear God talking to them, too.

I'd say your judgement is less-than-questionable.

:cuckoo:

I think you're right but he's got 35 percent of the vote built in. Any election nowadays is a coin flip. I doubt he can win on his own. As Gore showed us though, the heavy favorite can do any number of things to destroy his own campaign.
.....Like relying on the popular-vote to count.​

I think you're right but he's got 35 percent of the vote built in. Any election nowadays is a coin flip. I doubt he can win on his own. As Gore showed us though, the heavy favorite can do any number of things to destroy his own campaign.
.....Like relying on the popular-vote to count.​

Bush one every re-count in Florida, Get over it. He did so despite the Liberal media trying to Sabotage the Election on Voting night by calling the Election for Gore before voting was finished out west.

If you are suggesting Gore was counting on the Total Popular Vote to count, then he is dumber than I thought. The Constitution is pretty clear on how that works. :)

Be careful. You've seen what can come of misunderestimating a candidate.

I agree.

Reading posts here shows that the right wing voter doesn't really know anything beyond what lush, Beck, O'Reilly tell them. They've been told to vote for "anyone but Obama" and that they don't need to think for themselves.

To most of them, a guy born in the foreign country of Hawaii seems exotic. Hell, they're probably scared their sister will marry one of them or something. Next to President Obama, white bread and boring Romney is reassuring that all is right with their narrow little world.

About the magic underwear, he did answer a question about it some years years ago during one of his many failed runs for office but hasn't since then. I seem to remember that he said he would not. Even so, magic underwear isn't nearly as scary to the uneducated as well educated, elitist Prez Barry.

In their lemming-like race to the bottom, these people would even vote for $arah, for Pete's sake!
They surely don't appear to be familiar with the concept of thinking-things-thru......
317.gif

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKKKgua7wQk]SARAH PALIN BOOK SIGNING - Interviews with Supporters - YouTube[/ame]

303.gif

At this stage of the game, with 10 months to go, Obama has a 50% chance of winning reelection. The strategy for Obama is simple- ignore the "white" working class and appeal to poor people, minorities, and the elites. This is his "coalition"- screw whitey!
Your White Trash genes are showing.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgvBdlD7xUk&feature=related]Rachel Maddow: Fox News To White People: Be Very Afraid! Black People Are Coming To Get You! Part 1 - YouTube[/ame]​

For the record, I was born in 1962, and I've always been told that is part of the "baby Boom".

Demographically, it is. The fertility hump ran from 1946 to 1964. But there's a common generational character to the "Boomers" that includes a few years before the "baby boom" started and doesn't include the last few of it. The classic definition of a Boomer is someone old enough to remember the Kennedy assassination but too young to remember FDR's funeral. The thing that defines Boomers is that we spent our childhood in the High era, from the end of World War II until the mid-'60s, and came of age in the Awakening era, from the mid-'60s until the early '80s. Participation in that weird, heavy, everything's-in-flux couple of decades as a young adult, whichever side of the divide you were on, is part of the package. You spent the 1960s and 1970s as a kid, and didn't graduate from college until the Awakening was over (barely).

Whether you fit the generational type or not (not everyone does), by birth year you're an Xer, not a Boomer.

I'm sure that's how millenials see themselves, but that's not how they appear to the rest of us. My impression is that they aren't changing anything or trying to change anything, they are demanding the government do so. (Did they forget they put the current guy in?)

They absolutely didn't forget that, and they don't want him to, either.

Since the government is what's wrong (partly by commission, partly by omission), how can it be fixed unless the government fixes it? So of course they're demanding that the government fix it. Individuals can do their part, but the institutions of our society are broken and they badly need repair and reform.

Sorry, just don't buy that. Here's the thing. When all the whining is over, they'll support Barack Obama a second time, even though he's been just as bad as any Republican on these issues.

I'm sure they are all for the "noble' nature of being anti-corporate, but at the end of the day, they will still use those corporate products and still take jobs for "the man". They are a teenager throwing a tantrum. They consider a great accomplishment they can stay on Mommy's health insurance until they are 26. Sorry, I find that personally horrifying. It's an infantile generation that refuses to grow up.

Well, I participate on a generation-cycle discussion board that you might find interesting; you can check it out here: Fourth Turning Forums. What you just expressed is a very common take by Xers on Millennials, but no worse (or more unfair) than the way Boomers regarded Xers back when you guys were coming of age -- hell, not nearly as bad. And I'll tell you something else. Way back in the late 1920s/early 1930s, the last reactive generation (which we call the "Lost generation") had very much the same attitude towards the last civic generation -- who are the same ones that, years later, stormed ashore in Normandy. And in between, unionized our manufacturing and drove big majorities for Roosevelt.

I wouldn't be too quick to sell these guys short. They are true to the type in that they are organized, collective-minded, and able to exert influence as a group. They've already put one president in office. Whether they'll vote for his reelection remains to be seen; no way will a GOP candidate gain a Millie majority, but if Obama doesn't mend his fences, he may see a sizable proportion of them voting third party or sitting it out.

As for Occupy, my sense is the movement is trying to figure out where to go from here. The goal is clear enough, but the tactic of occupying public space has about outlived its usefulness. I'm trying to build support for a constitutional convention myself. Other ideas are being circulated online, too. Eventually something will achieve enough of a consensus to result in large-scale action.

yep, that is why he is the only Possible GOP candidate who has ever beaten Obama in a head to head Poll. Holding an 8 Point lead over him now.

Single Best shot to beat Obama out of the Current Choices by far.

Polls are fun

Mitt has only won a single election in his life while Obama has never lost

Mitt is in the big leagues now

s0n......ask me how much I am looking forward to election night next November?:D:D

This night for me is going to be like decades of birthdays combined into one enormous-ass celebration..........just knowing that miserable fcukks like Rightwinger are sitting home seething and foaming at the mouth as their k00k ideology gets fcukking mothballed for 2 generations. For me, IM going to be around posting up dozens of gay MSPaint Photobucket Masterpieces that will be akin to taking a baseball bat sized salt stick and sticking it into the gigantic gaping wound of every internet lefty k00k..............and then stepping back and laughing my balls off!!!! The basic theme will be..................

20110519_0052_1-8.jpg

oh.......of course, the three cheesedicks on MSLSD are going to take one very fcukked up beating as well.................\

edschultz.jpg

Ask me what network Im watching on election night??? This is going to be MUST SEE TV if you follow Politics.

To all my conservative pals on here...........if you wanna laugh your balls off on election night, make sure to stop in here for sure!!! I'll have some of you crying you'll be laughing so hard!!! Years from now when people ask about great, great days in your life.............you will quickly recall Election NIght 2012

To all my conservative pals on here...........if you wanna laugh your balls off on election night, make sure to stop in here for sure!!! I'll have some of you crying you'll be laughing so hard!!! Years from now when people ask about great, great days in your life.............you will quickly recall Election NIght 2012

and if......you are a loser that night?......will it still be a memorable night?......

So this is what it will be.

Romney: Stiff, awkward speaker.
Obama: Worst economy in 80 years.

I'd take those chances.

In 2000, we had the choice between Gore who, at least, helped give us the best economy most of us can remember vs. regular guy Bush whose qualifications were suspect at best.

Ask President Gore how it turned out.

I like your logic...but logic doesn't always prevail.

Sure, Obama can win. The difference between then and now was that, even though he was popular, the country was exhausted with the Clintons, with all the scandals and drama and everything.

Forum List

Back