Mitt Romney is going to get the GOP nomination.......and he is a cupcake

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Aug 4, 2009
I used to worry that Mitt could run a strong campaign against Obama. The more I see of him the more obvious it is that he is stiff, awkward and uncomfortable around people. At times, he is downright creepy

He has little chance against Obama

It ought to be fun when they start asking him about magic underwear and whatnot.

Hell, I'd almost vote for him just to see that!

I used to worry that Mitt could run a strong campaign against Obama. The more I see of him the more obvious it is that he is stiff, awkward and uncomfortable around people. At times, he is downright creepy

hitting the alcohol a few days early?

Mitt is uninspiring

He seems like a ventriloquist dummy up there

Be careful. You've seen what can come of misunderestimating a candidate.

Mitt is uninspiring

Yeah, it does look like someone has their hand up his ass.

A good analysis as to why:

Just two things have come to define Republicans politically: They hate Barack Obama with a frenzied passion, and the bulk of them don’t want Mitt Romney to be their nominee. Mr. Romney, a former Massachusetts governor and unsuccessful seeker of the nomination four years ago, may yet win it this time, but only as the last man standing.

Mr. Romney, slick, packaged and rich, has changed positions on key issues more times than Jennifer Aniston has changed boyfriends. No matter how much he tries to pander to religious Republicans, Tea Party frothers, antigovernment ideologues, isolationists and the close-the-border crowd, they just don’t see him as a True Believer.

His record as governor was that of a Republican moderate, of the kind that is almost extinct these days. That he ran a successful Olympic Games in Utah reflected well on him. Both efforts suggest a pragmatic, pro-business, managerial kind of guy.

Republicans want anyone but the pragmatist - The Globe and Mail

Mitt is uninspiring

The man is an accomplished leader. Like his politics or him as a person, he does have a record of leadership.

And there is more to leadership than being a good speaker. Which he does quite fine.

Mitt is miles ahead of his nearest competitor in the GOP. But that is only because he seems mildly sane

Once he goes head to head against Obama, his personal shortcomings will be clearly evident to the voters

He reminds me of Mike Dukakis

Shocking, RWer who once near fully supported Mitt has turned on him, as I and many told him he would.
What was it the lying asshat RWer used to say? Mitt was the only intelligent person running and RWer claimed “that’s why conservatives don’t like/won’t vote him… “ And every time he did that I told him the second Mitt wins the nomination RW would turn on his shit instantly.

RW, stick with the war expanding, bush tax cut passing, patriot act voting, homeland security expanding, deficit growing uber liberal, Obama. What’s the new bill Obama said he would pass, the one that turns America into a battleground and can send citizens to secret prisons n shit?

If you even try and do your low life bullshit and respond to me as if I’m making shit up I will actually go and find you the quotes of the days you “could have voted for Mitt over Obama, maybe!… “

Well I would hold your reins on that one a little bit---:cuckoo: Starting Jan. 7th the GOP is going to be in another several rounds of debates--one right after the other--and just because Iowa--a "straw poll state" is having their "straw poll" next Tuesday it really hasn't indicated who the GOP nominee will be for eon's.

IOW--this has got a long way to go yet--before we actually will know who the GOP nominee will be.

I have met Mitt personally. He's very personable, exceptionally well informed, and extremely competent. If Obama's approval rating is still sitting in the 40's come Nov 2012, it will be President Romney.

Unfortunately, he's still their best shot. I keep hoping it'll be somebody else, but it seems less likely all the time.

The thing that I think will be the most effective against Romney is the flip-flopping. There's a video out there called Mitt v. Mitt. Google it if you haven't seen it already.

Forum List

Back