Mitt Romney in 2012

Gadawg73

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2009
Georgia
Far too early but Romney is already building his coalition team. Watch Bobby Jindall and Tim Pawlenty also gain support and one or the other will be on the ticket.
Sarah Palin,and more power to her, will not give up the tens of millions she is making to run for President.

Far too early but Romney is already building his coalition team. Watch Bobby Jindall and Tim Pawlenty also gain support and one or the other will be on the ticket.
Sarah Palin,and more power to her, will not give up the tens of millions she is making to run for President.

Mitt would have to run as an Independent. The "base" of the GOP proved that they will never allow a Mormon on their ticket, even if he was the best candidate. If you doubt this, please Google Sarah Palin.

Mitt would have to run as an Independent. The "base" of the GOP proved that they will never allow a Mormon on their ticket, even if he was the best candidate. If you doubt this, please Google Sarah Palin.

I agree but the "base" of the GOP have a proven history recently of being on the LOSING side.
Subject to quick change in politics.

I agree but the "base" of the GOP have a proven history recently of being on the LOSING side.
Subject to quick change in politics.

The "base" is pretty much all the GOP has left...also see the New American Tea Bag Party: Tax Protest for Busy People

I agree.

Yank makes a valid point as well. Not sure if the base would support a Mormon. I think it will depend on how much pull the base actually has and if Rep voters will vote the bases wishs or vote for who they think will make the best POTUS.

Indi's will be a big factor in 2012 also. How will they vote?? Time will tell on that one.

CALIPHONY GIRL SUCKLES: "Mitt would be a decent POTUS, I think. At least he has some understanding of business."

..:rolleyes:

...'understanding of business?!?'..willard milton romney--like all you brainwashed republicrat fucks,--doesn't even know what 'a dollar' is (see the 'free to choose' thread)..

(their republicrat cocksuckers foam about illion$ and they don't even know the origin or nature of one!..) ;)

Wrong again! What your problem is, is that you always try to paint the GOP as bigots, because you don't have the smarts to argue effectly. Mitt did pretty well in the last primary election, so that defutes your assertions.

I support Mitt and I hope he wins.

However, what is probably going to sink Mitt this time will be healthcare. His opponents will attack him on the MA healthcare plan, which was the basis for the Obamacare.

I didn't care for him so much last time. He gave off a "slick" vibe that didn't sit well with me. I don't think the Mormon thing is that big of a deal anymore. A lot of people will reset their priorities on crap like that if the economy is bad enough.

People largely don't care if he is a Mormon.
What they should and do care about is Mitt as the author of Mass's disasterous health care policies, which are bankrupting the state. Mitt is a Republican only in a place like MA. In the South and West he is another northeast libr'al. Do you really want his glove in your examination room?
mitt+romney+fudge2007.jpg

Wrong again! What your problem is, is that you always try to paint the GOP as bigots, because you don't have the smarts to argue effectly. Mitt did pretty well in the last primary election, so that defutes your assertions.

However, what is probably going to sink Mitt this time will be healthcare. His opponents will attack him on the MA healthcare plan, which was the basis for the Obamacare.

It defutes? Really?

Please give me a BETTER reason why McCain, a self proclaimed rookie on economics was chosen to the GOP ticket in the middle of a recession?

People largely don't care if he is a Mormon.
What they should and do care about is Mitt as the author of Mass's disasterous health care policies, which are bankrupting the state. Mitt is a Republican only in a place like MA. In the South and West he is another northeast libr'al. Do you really want his glove in your examination room?
mitt+romney+fudge2007.jpg
The guy abandoned Utah, so he could get some "street cred" as an east coast big shot...Screw 'im.

It defutes? Really?

Please give me a BETTER reason why McCain, a self proclaimed rookie on economics was chosen to the GOP ticket in the middle of a recession?

Um,because he WASN'T chosen in the middle of a recession?
Mitt is just an east cost McCain. He has no place in the GOP. Maybe he can be Sarah Palin's ammo bearer.

I have to agree.

Thats what has made me kind of back away from him.

I personally am liking Michell Bauchman alot more though.

I swear if the GOP runs another windbag like McCain.... I'm going to :booze: & go live under a bridge somewhere.

It defutes? Really?

Mitt is just an east cost McCain. He has no place in the GOP. Maybe he can be Sarah Palin's ammo bearer.

We weren't in the middle of a recession in 2008?

I have to agree.

Thats what has made me kind of back away from him.

I personally am liking Michell Bauchman alot more though.

I swear if the GOP runs another windbag like McCain.... I'm going to :booze: & go live under a bridge somewhere.

Stop talking crazy.:lol:

It defutes? Really?

No. As the year progressed it became apparent things were going downhill. And the worse the economy got the worse McCain looked in his ability to deal with it. As long as the conversation was about national security he looked better and better.

No. As the year progressed it became apparent things were going downhill. And the worse the economy got the worse McCain looked in his ability to deal with it. As long as the conversation was about national security he looked better and better.

Economists have already told us that the recession started near the end of 2007....where have you been?

I wish I'd seen somebody I liked at this point, but I know that Romney isn't the guy.

The next president is going to have to have a burned in the fire strength of his convictions greater than most of the president of the last century to do what needs to be done. If they don't, it'll be more of the same and we'll all go down in flames.

Nope, Romney's not that guy.

Economists have already told us that the recession started near the end of 2007....where have you been?

Yes, and I'm not certain, but I believe that fact was announced after the election.

Forum List

Back