Mitt Romney in 2012

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Gadawg73, Jun 11, 2010.

1. Gadawg73

Gadawg73 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,677
    Far too early but Romney is already building his coalition team. Watch Bobby Jindall and Tim Pawlenty also gain support and one or the other will be on the ticket.
    Sarah Palin,and more power to her, will not give up the tens of millions she is making to run for President.

2. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    Mitt would be a decent POTUS, I think. At least he has some understanding of business.

3. VaYank5150

VaYank5150 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,055
    Mitt would have to run as an Independent. The "base" of the GOP proved that they will never allow a Mormon on their ticket, even if he was the best candidate. If you doubt this, please Google Sarah Palin.

4. Gadawg73

Gadawg73 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,677
    I agree but the "base" of the GOP have a proven history recently of being on the LOSING side.
    Subject to quick change in politics.

5. VaYank5150

VaYank5150 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,055
    The "base" is pretty much all the GOP has left...also see the New American Tea Bag Party: Tax Protest for Busy People

6. Claudette

Claudette Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,628

I agree.

Yank makes a valid point as well. Not sure if the base would support a Mormon. I think it will depend on how much pull the base actually has and if Rep voters will vote the bases wishs or vote for who they think will make the best POTUS.

Indi's will be a big factor in 2012 also. How will they vote?? Time will tell on that one.

7. sweetie

sweetie BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +35
    CALIPHONY GIRL SUCKLES: "Mitt would be a decent POTUS, I think. At least he has some understanding of business."

..:rolleyes:

...'understanding of business?!?'..willard milton romney--like all you brainwashed republicrat fucks,--doesn't even know what 'a dollar' is (see the 'free to choose' thread)..

(their republicrat cocksuckers foam about illion$ and they don't even know the origin or nature of one!..) ;)

8. GHook93

GHook93 Aristotle

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,924
    Wrong again! What your problem is, is that you always try to paint the GOP as bigots, because you don't have the smarts to argue effectly. Mitt did pretty well in the last primary election, so that defutes your assertions.

I support Mitt and I hope he wins.

However, what is probably going to sink Mitt this time will be healthcare. His opponents will attack him on the MA healthcare plan, which was the basis for the Obamacare.

9. Sherry

Sherry You're not the boss of me Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,073
    I didn't care for him so much last time. He gave off a "slick" vibe that didn't sit well with me. I don't think the Mormon thing is that big of a deal anymore. A lot of people will reset their priorities on crap like that if the economy is bad enough.

10. The Rabbi

The Rabbi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18,214
    People largely don't care if he is a Mormon.
    What they should and do care about is Mitt as the author of Mass's disasterous health care policies, which are bankrupting the state. Mitt is a Republican only in a place like MA. In the South and West he is another northeast libr'al. Do you really want his glove in your examination room?
    [​IMG]