Mitt Romney has aired 12,768 ads in Florida, Newt 210 ads

R

rdean

Several figures being reported today help tell the tale of Romney vs. Gingrich in Florida, as well as the impact of super PACs on the 2012 election. Romney has widened his lead over Gingrich in Florida to 14 points, according to a new Quinnipiac University poll.

A new study out today by the Wesleyan Media Project shows Romney and his allies, particularly the Restore Our Future super PAC, have aired 12,768 ads in Florida compared with 210 for Gingrich and his allies.

Romney, allies outspend Gingrich by millions in Fla.

A candidate needs to amass 1,144 delegates to clinch the nomination, and just 37 have been allocated so far based on the primaries in New Hampshire and South Carolina (Iowa has not awarded any yet based on the Jan. 3 caucuses).

Would Romney wins this week signal end to GOP race? - latimes.com

So let me get this straight. Romney has only a portion of 37 delegates. Needs 1,144 to get the nomination but has already ran 12,768 ads?

At that rate, that would be over 500,000 ads?

I take it you are including the PACs that Romney has no control over.

See, advertisement costs money. Just doing rough estimates, if your numbers are correct, the advertisement for Florida would have cost Romney over $300 Million dollars in one state. And that's a low estimate. I just am very skepetical.

See, advertisement costs money. Just doing rough estimates, if your numbers are correct, the advertisement for Florida would have cost Romney over $300 Million dollars in one state. And that's a low estimate. I just am very skepetical.

Nah, they're all running on late night TV when the only programming is infomercials and ad space only costs $50 for a 30 second spot.

Nah, they're all running on late night TV when the only programming is infomercials and ad space only costs $50 for a 30 second spot.

You know that's not true.

You mean the PACs made up of Romney's former staff?

Forum List

Back