Mitt Romney Grilled By Gay Veteran On Same-Sex Marriage Rights

J.E.D

Gold Member
Jul 28, 2011
Poor Mitt. He just can't seem to catch a break. I guess his handlers need to keep him on a shorter leash - away from "those" people.

Romney approached Bob Garon, a gay man seated with his husband at the Chez Vachon restaurant, taking note of the man's Vietnam Veteran hat.

"Vietnam veteran!" Romney said, taking a seat at the couple's booth, according to the Washington Post.

Garon, a self-avowed independent voter, quickly launched into a question about New Hampshire's gay marriage law, asking Romney if he supported recent stirrings by GOP presidential candidates about repealing the legislation, which allows same-sex couples to get married.

"I support the repeal of the New Hampshire law," Romney responded. "I believe marriage is between a man and a woman. That's my view."

"It's good to know how you feel, that you do not believe everyone is entitled to their constitutional rights," Garon shot back.

"No, actually, I think at the time the Constitution was written it was pretty clear that marriage is between a man and a woman," Romney replied. "And I don't believe the Supreme Court has changed that."

The Associated Press reports on the end of the testy back-and-forth:

An aide tried to remove Romney from the situation, claiming the candidate had another interview with Fox News Channel.

"Oh, I guess the question was too hot," Garon said. Before getting up to leave the booth, Romney said he had given Garon a yes or no answer.

"I was undecided," Garon said. But now "I'm totally convinced today that he's not going to be my president -- at least in my book. At least Obama will entertain the idea. This man is 'no way, Jose.' Well, take that 'no way, Jose' back to Massachusetts."

"The guy ain't going to make it," he told reporters later. "You can't trust him. I can see it in his eyes."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/12/12/mitt-romney-gay-marriage_n_1143460.html

Last edited:
But of course the 9% unemployed, those paying 3.50 dollars a gallon of gas, 6.00 dollars for a pound of bacon, I'm sure this is the TOP of their PRIORITES..

friggen idiots.

But of course the 9% unemployed, those paying 3.50 dollars a gallon of gas, 6.00 dollars for a pound of bacon, I'm sure this is the TOP of their PRIORITES..

friggen idiots.

You know the wonderful thing about human beings is... we can handle multiple priorities.

Or do you just have a one track mind? Do you neglect your family because you can only think about how to pay the bills?

Poor Mitt. He just can't seem to catch a break. I guess his handlers need to keep him on a shorter leash - away from "those" people.

Romney approached Bob Garon, a gay man seated with his husband at the Chez Vachon restaurant, taking note of the man's Vietnam Veteran hat.

"Vietnam veteran!" Romney said, taking a seat at the couple's booth, according to the Washington Post.

Garon, a self-avowed independent voter, quickly launched into a question about New Hampshire's gay marriage law, asking Romney if he supported recent stirrings by GOP presidential candidates about repealing the legislation, which allows same-sex couples to get married.

"I support the repeal of the New Hampshire law," Romney responded. "I believe marriage is between a man and a woman. That's my view."

"It's good to know how you feel, that you do not believe everyone is entitled to their constitutional rights," Garon shot back.

"No, actually, I think at the time the Constitution was written it was pretty clear that marriage is between a man and a woman," Romney replied. "And I don't believe the Supreme Court has changed that."

An aide tried to remove Romney from the situation, claiming the candidate had another interview with Fox News Channel.

"Oh, I guess the question was too hot," Garon said. Before getting up to leave the booth, Romney said he had given Garon a yes or no answer.

"I was undecided," Garon said. But now "I'm totally convinced today that he's not going to be my president -- at least in my book. At least Obama will entertain the idea. This man is 'no way, Jose.' Well, take that 'no way, Jose' back to Massachusetts."

"The guy ain't going to make it," he told reporters later. "You can't trust him. I can see it in his eyes."

All considered, Romney handled the situation well. At least he didn't try and appease the guy by flip-flopping on the fly. It's clear who that vet will be voting for in the next election :lol:

you gay guys izzz gonna be alright.. I promise ewe.

I heard a report of a former supporter of Romney. When asked why he changed his mind about supporting Romney, he replied, "I met him."

Might be a logical step for someone to define what they mean by 'marriage' when asking about 'gay marriage'. For example, I do not support 'gay marriage' because my personal view is that marriage is a religious commitment made before God. It has jack shit to do with the government. Having said that, if you ask me if gay couples should have the same rights and responsibilities as the rest of us.... my response is 'yes'.

Seems to me, gays need to recognize that not everyone shares their definition of 'marriage'.

friggen idiots.

So repealing legislation that allows for gay marriage should be a priority over all that stuff. But opposing repeal should not be a priority, because those other things are more important. :cuckoo:

• Banned

I hate to burst your dim little bubble, but I'm not gay. It is possible to support a group or an issue without being part of that group. I know that's hard for people like you to understand. What can I tell you? Get out and open your mind a little, I guess.

Might be a logical step for someone to define what they mean by 'marriage' when asking about 'gay marriage'. For example, I do not support 'gay marriage' because my personal view is that marriage is a religious commitment made before God. It has jack shit to do with the government. Having said that, if you ask me if gay couples should have the same rights and responsibilities as the rest of us.... my response is 'yes'.

Seems to me, gays need to recognize that not everyone shares their definition of 'marriage'.

that's nice, but in the real world, the govt has everything to do with marriage and if the govt says gay people can't get married, they're being discriminated against.

seems to me that people need to get over it. gay marriage is the right thing to do.

I hate to burst your dim little bubble, but I'm not gay. It is possible to support a group or an issue without being part of that group. I know that's hard for people like you to understand. What can I tell you? Get out and open your mind a little, I guess.

you are vewy gay.

that's nice, but in the real world, the govt has everything to do with marriage and if the govt says gay people can't get married, they're being discriminated against.

seems to me that people need to get over it. gay marriage is the right thing to do.

Lots of people are discriminated against thusly. Polygamists, minors, parents and their children, close blood relatives, those who refuse to obtain a marriage license, etc. Just using the word 'discriminate' is not in itself an argument.

Lots of people are discriminated against thusly. Polygamists, minors, parents and their children, close blood relatives, those who refuse to obtain a marriage license, etc. Just using the word 'discriminate' is not in itself an argument.

have a cookie

have a cookie

Would that be a DUCK flavored cookie?

god you are stupid. Really, really, really, stupid.

who cares what you think. insults is all ever do on this board anyway.

if there was every anything of substance from your posts maybe you wouldnt get insulted. Since that rarely happens and when it does all you do is punt or deflect, i seriously dont see a point in engaging you in any serious thought.

what the fuck ever. I never try to engage you so you can do the same with me..
go throw you insults at others like you always do. that seems to make you feel good or something

Forum List

Back