Mitt Romney goes postal

I know you think you scored a point. And you have in a way. But not for your side.

Romney signed the same thing into Massachusetts. Massachusetts health care has been utterly ruined, the costs have gong way up and the state is now denying more medical procedures then all the insurance companies in that state, combined.

I'd say that not only does he have a point, he is far more qualified to speak on the betrayal of Obama than just about anyone.

You know...if what you say is true...I cannot help but wonder why Romney has not been ALL OVER THE PLACE toted Massachusett's failed health care as a living example of why NOT to support National Health Care. This would have been a win/win for him, getting the needed exposure for a WH run in 2012.

Any thoughts as to why he is only speaking out now?
He hasn't been out there speaking out against this health care? That is news to Me. Maybe you should look away from the propaganda wings of the State Run media.
Where in the media have you seen him speaking out...warning people about his own state's health care bill and how it is not working out. Where? And where are the threads here about it?

What a doofus.

That made me laugh, haven't heard that word in a while.

From the man who signed the same thing for Massachusetts.

What a doofus.

Exactly! hahaha...he must think people are idiots.

I'm no Romney fan or supporter, but tell me what was wrong with what he said? This is insanity that Americans will be forced to exercise this "right" or be penalized with fines. You have freedom of religion as a right. Does the government say that while you can choose any religion you want, you must choose one, practice it or you will be fined? You have the right to bear arms. Does the government force you to go buy a gun or be fined if you don't? You have the right to vote, does the government force you to vote or be fined if you don't? The administration and Congress overreached with these forced rights and they will pay for it in November and 2012. This will be reversed in the long run.

I guess you didn't see the posts stating that Rom signed pretty much the same thing in MA.

blog_dotted_divider.gif

A Campaign Begins Today [Mitt Romney]

America has just witnessed an unconscionable abuse of power. President Obama has betrayed his oath to the nation — rather than bringing us together, ushering in a new kind of politics, and rising above raw partisanship, he has succumbed to the lowest denominator of incumbent power: justifying the means by extolling the ends. He promised better; we deserved better.

A Campaign Begins Today - Mitt Romney - The Corner - National Review Online

What a doofus.
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Strange... The bill closely mirrors the health Care Bill he pushed through Massachusetts

I'm no Romney fan or supporter, but tell me what was wrong with what he said? This is insanity that Americans will be forced to exercise this "right" or be penalized with fines. You have freedom of religion as a right. Does the government say that while you can choose any religion you want, you must choose one, practice it or you will be fined? You have the right to bear arms. Does the government force you to go buy a gun or be fined if you don't? You have the right to vote, does the government force you to vote or be fined if you don't? The administration and Congress overreached with these forced rights and they will pay for it in November and 2012. This will be reversed in the long run.

While I agree with Mitt on this . . . . I'm finding it a little hard to swallow coming from him since he ushered in universal health care in MA and it is failing miserably.

While I agree with Mitt on this . . . . I'm finding it a little hard to swallow coming from him since he ushered in universal health care in MA and it is failing miserably.

And that's all I was saying. If Obama is 'guilty' of anything for getting this passed, then Mitt is guilty of the same thing.

Except that from what I see in the OP, Mr. Romney is not complaining about the bill that passed at all. Rather his complaint stems from how the bill was passed and the under-handed tactics that the Democrats used to get it passed.

He has a point... then again, maybe he is just pissed that he didn't get to try it first or is it that the Democrats used Republican tactics against them? /shrug

All of it was under-handed and exactly what we should expect from the scum we send to Washington.

Gotta love that "the ends justify the means" mentality.

Immie

blog_dotted_divider.gif

A Campaign Begins Today [Mitt Romney]

America has just witnessed an unconscionable abuse of power. President Obama has betrayed his oath to the nation — rather than bringing us together, ushering in a new kind of politics, and rising above raw partisanship, he has succumbed to the lowest denominator of incumbent power: justifying the means by extolling the ends. He promised better; we deserved better.

A Campaign Begins Today - Mitt Romney - The Corner - National Review Online

What a doofus.
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

I read just enough to realize it's more of the same. The entire right wing of America is in a collective irrational hysteria. It's a 'madness of crowds' thing I think. I was just listening to 2 minutes of Hannity interviewing Michelle Bachmann. The same hysterical hyperbolic manic shit.

I guess for one thing they've concluded that turning up the nut volume is the only way they think they'll be heard,

but all they're really doing is ratcheting up the gloom and doom expectations so high that there's NO chance the healthcare bill will ever be as bad as they're making it out to be. All that will accomplish will be to have the bulk of regular Americans just shake their heads and say what the fuck were those loons talking about?

What a doofus.

And that's all I was saying. If Obama is 'guilty' of anything for getting this passed, then Mitt is guilty of the same thing.

Except that from what I see in the OP, Mr. Romney is not complaining about the bill that passed at all. Rather his complaint stems from how the bill was passed and the under-handed tactics that the Democrats used to get it passed.

He has a point... then again, maybe he is just pissed that he didn't get to try it first or is it that the Democrats used Republican tactics against them? /shrug

All of it was under-handed and exactly what we should expect from the scum we send to Washington.

Immie

really, then where was romney speaking out when this was going on?

Poison pill: how Abramoff's cronies sold the Medicare drug bill. - Free Online Library

not a peep from him on that, so looks like he is just spouting political rhetoric.

Immie

really, then where was romney speaking out when this was going on?

Poison pill: how Abramoff's cronies sold the Medicare drug bill. - Free Online Library

not a peep from him on that, so looks like he is just spouting political rhetoric.

Pardon me, Care, (and good evening to you by the way) but what does that have to do with this thread and my post?

Maybe you didn't read all my post?

Immie

The bill mandates what is already happening.

Before the bill, an uninsured citizen goes in for healthcare and cannot pay. He will not be turned away.

Either the government pays for him (that would be us) or the costs are absorbed by the healthcare provider or the insurance company and they pass the costs on to paying customers. (that would be us also)

We must live in the real world.

Forum List

Back