Mitt Romney Files Extension For 2011 Tax Return

So let's see that makes taxes paid for 2011:

$3,218,600 for Mitt Romney

$ 161,950 for Barack Obama

Lets talk about how Romney doesn't pay enough taxes.

Romney earned more. It's not about how much a person earns; it's about their tax rate. Romney paid an effective tax rate of 14% for the tax years that he already released. Obama paid a tax rate of 20% on this year's taxes. Now let's talk about how Romney paid less of a tax rate than Obama (and myself and millions of Americans) when he earned more.

He paid a lower rate than me as well and i simply don't fucking care. What does irritate me is the fact that nearly half our country pays nothing. Now stfu already.

Romney is doing what millions of Americans do every year. Oh the Horror of it. Doesn't he know that as a republican those laws simply don't apply to him?

LOL, he hasn't broken any law, it's perfectly legal to request an extension. He has til October 15th, doesn't mean he'll wait til October 15th.

The left is getting a little nervous, they're starting to lose it. :)

Romney earned more. It's not about how much a person earns; it's about their tax rate. Romney paid an effective tax rate of 14% for the tax years that he already released. Obama paid a tax rate of 20% on this year's taxes. Now let's talk about how Romney paid less of a tax rate than Obama (and myself and millions of Americans) when he earned more.

So you're saying you don't understand the difference between capital gains and earned income? Riiight...

Problem is, I give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're smarter than that so you must already clearly know why you wouldn't levy an earned income tax on investment payouts that have already been double taxed at that point.

He paid a lower rate than me as well and i simply don't fucking care. What does irritate me is the fact that nearly half our country pays nothing. Now stfu already.

The half of Americans who pay no taxes are dirt poor. What's your point? Do the big corporations who pay no taxes because of loopholes irritate you as well? STFU yourself.

Millions of people file for tax extensions every year. I had to do it in the late 90's once. I know when you flip burgers for a living its hard to comprehend a complex tax situation that may require such a situation but it is utilizied by many Americans. I'm quite confident that the govt will get every ounce of blood out of Romney that he owes so just chill.

So you're saying you don't understand the difference between capital gains and earned income? Riiight...

Problem is, I give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're smarter than that so you must already clearly know why you wouldn't levy an earned income tax on investment payouts that have already been double taxed at that point.

Yeah, I know the difference between earned income and capital gains. That's the problem. I work my ass off and pay 30%. Romney and people who earn money the way he does pay less as a percentage of their income. Romney knows it's an issue, which is why he filed an extension.

The half of Americans who pay no taxes are dirt poor. What's your point? Do the big corporations who pay no taxes because of loopholes irritate you as well? STFU yourself.

Dirt poor? 50% of our country is dirt poor? Idiot

And yes it pisses me off that some companies like Obamas GE escape paying their taxes.

Millions of people file for tax extensions every year. I had to do it in the late 90's once. I know when you flip burgers for a living its hard to comprehend a complex tax situation that may require such a situation but it is utilizied by many Americans. I'm quite confident that the govt will get every ounce of blood out of Romney that he owes so just chill.

I'm a construction worker, asshole. Just like you. And it's not about Romney PAYING taxes. I'm sure he'll pay what he's legally obligated to pay; it's about the man's effective tax rate.

Dirt poor? 50% of our country is dirt poor? Idiot

And yes it pisses me off that some companies like Obamas GE escape paying their taxes.

Yeah, dirt poor. And they already pay local and sales taxes.

Obama's GE? :lol: Speaking of idiots.

I'm a construction worker, asshole. Just like you. And it's not about Romney PAYING taxes. I'm sure he'll pay what he's legally obligated to pay; it's about the man's effective tax rate.

The thread op said nothing about his tax rate. Are you changing the goal posts based on the responses your getting? Lol

Yeah, I know the difference between earned income and capital gains. That's the problem. I work my ass off and pay 30%. Romney and people who earn money the way he does pay less as a percentage of their income. Romney knows it's an issue, which is why he filed an extension.

Romney is sixty-five years old. He spent his adult life working his ass off and paying the very highest tax rates so that he'd have money to invest and draw returns on in his later years. He has paid his taxes. And then some.

Forum List

Back