Mitt Romney Booed At NAACP Convention

So the dummies played right into his hands??? :lmao:

One good thing is... like AquaAthena said, they are not all idiot drones.

Maybe not all, but I definitely think the majority are idiot drones. After all, their party is 90% white. What else can you expect? Oh wait, were you talking about those at the NAACP? They invited Mitt in good faith. I suspect they didn't expect to get insulted. What would you have to them do? Sit there an take it like good little Toms?

If they were insulted, it was in their own minds. I heard nothing from Romney that they should have found insulting, unless it was his criticism of our President.

or heaven forfend obamacare...but see if you disagree with the prez. you are insulting him...thats how brain damaged some are...aint no truth to power when dean says no. :lol:

Obviously, Romney went there to get "boos" and insult a room full of blacks and it worked. Red meat to the Republican base. Finally, Republicans can quit saying it's not about race.

How did he insult every person there? I did not read that anywhere. He was both booed & cheered. As no one appeared violent at the convention, I won't say Romney was "brave", just intelligent enough to choose to attend.

Democrats got what they paid for in the NAACP, a good old fashioned liberal plantation. You have to wonder about a Black leadership that accepts profound insults from a gun runner A.G. that Black people are incapable of obtaining a photo I.D.

Democrats got what they paid for in the NAACP, a good old fashioned liberal plantation. You have to wonder about a Black leadership that accepts profound insults from a gun runner A.G. that Black people are incapable of obtaining a photo I.D.

As a group, he leaves the impression that they're a bunch of ignorant people just not equipped to be thought of as equals. To me it would be on the same level of a woman who claims to be for equal rights for women on one hand, but on the other is telling women that they're not completely capable of stepping up and setting goals and expectations equivalent to men. Ugh.

I rarely give Romney Credit, but I thought it was kind of gutsy for him to appear here...

Some boos, but he also was politely recieved.

Frankly, it's one of those awkward things, like a funeral where you have to be in the same room with a relative you stopped talking to 20 years ago for being a jerk. Unless he's the corpse, it's awkward.

Just saying.

Those who disrespected Romney, are ignorant Racists. So fuck em. But kudos to the majority who showed class & dignity. It was a very good speech as well.

Last edited:
He was invited

The Colored People racist group has to invite Romney, else they'd risk losing their tax-exempt status as a [hahaha]non-partisan[/hahaha] organization. Romney has to attend else the media would yelling that Romney snugged the Afro race.

s-MITT-ROMNEY-large.jpg

Mitt Romney NAACP Speech Shows He Failed To Learn Father's Civil Rights Lessons, Black Caucus Says

He got less boo's than I would have expected, and a whole lot more Cheers than I expected. He also got a standing O when he was Done.

Not bad all around.

Will it change many of their Minds, Nah, But at least he had the balls to do it.

I think it showed goodwill, to his guests who heard him out, especially considering that Obama doesn't plan to speak to them himself and is sending Vice President Biden instead.....:badgrin:

It was a positive rather than a negative, for Romney to attend and give them his time and his intentions, and that the crowd gave him a standing ovation, shows that others share my view...

Why should Obama speak to them? It's not their vote he's worried about...

If i were Obama, i'd be worried about their vote. The man's presiding over a huge African American unemployment rate (14.4%).

Lucy...you got some 'splaining to do!

I think it showed goodwill, to his guests who heard him out, especially considering that Obama doesn't plan to speak to them himself and is sending Vice President Biden instead.....:badgrin:

It was a positive rather than a negative, for Romney to attend and give them his time and his intentions, and that the crowd gave him a standing ovation, shows that others share my view...

If i were Obama, i'd be worried about their vote. The man's presiding over a huge African American unemployment rate (14.4%).

One of the pollsters, Quinnipac, I believe had Obama down 8 points from April to May from the minority block. I would be worried if this trend continued. Taking any group for granted is not wise at this point.

One of the pollsters, Quinnipac, I believe had Obama down 8 points from April to May from the minority block. I would be worried if this trend continued. Taking any group for granted is not wise at this point.

I have to agree. He made a mistake by not going.

Still, the election is in the bag for him.

You Republicans are hilarious. So many of you on Social Security, disability and Medicare. You don't work. It's why Republican leaders get their money from just a few millionaires and billionaires. The base has no money. They vote "white". Look at what Republicans on this board say. Could they be any more unbalanced? So many hope Romney will take us back to the Bush "good old days".

Speaking of Bush. Where is that right wing Messiah?

You Republicans are hilarious. So many of you on Social Security, disability and Medicare. You don't work. It's why Republican leaders get their money from just a few millionaires and billionaires. The base has no money. They vote "white". Look at what Republicans on this board say. Could they be any more unbalanced? So many hope Romney will take us back to the Bush "good old days".

Speaking of Bush. Where is that right wing Messiah?

You Democrats really need to pick a position and stick with it. Either Republicans are the evil rich guys or they're not. And when will you ever see substance rather than color?

Romney thanked his father for instilling faith in God: "HIS justice is certain and HIS mercy endureth forever."

When talking on Faith, Mitt Romney said "this spirit has carried the NAACP to many victories, and many more to come."

Mehhh... he knew what he was getting into.

Personally, I might have ignored them and not spoke at their black power meeting.... but imagine the grief he would get if he treated them like they the bunch of racists they are.

"THEM"? Infidel, are you aware the likes of you keep sending the US into the dark days?

I applaud Mitt Romney for taking the time to make appearance at the NAACP's 103rd Annual Convention in my Space City; especially for knowingly expressing his opposing views fearless amidst excited opposition. I like folks with guts!

New Topics

Forum List

Back