Mitt Romney Booed At NAACP Convention

LAfrique

VIP Member
May 16, 2011
Today, GOP nominee Mitt Romney who honored the NAACP in Houston with his presence was booed silly. While the governor was booed for opposing Obamacare (aka revised Romneycare) and VoterID Law, the governor received standing ovation for supporting traditional marriage from attendees of NAACP's 103rd Annual Convention in Space City - Romney faces NAACP, booed for hitting 'Obamacare' | Fox News

I thought it was mighty nice and brave of the GOP nominee, Mitt Romney, to have attended the NAACP Convention and share his views, while extending a hand of friendship to the NAACP. I am of the opinion that it takes a person of character to stand in front of opposition and express his/her opposing views unafraid.

He got less boo's than I would have expected, and a whole lot more Cheers than I expected. He also got a standing O when he was Done.

Not bad all around.

Will it change many of their Minds, Nah, But at least he had the balls to do it.

Mehhh... he knew what he was getting into.

Personally, I might have ignored them and not spoke at their black power meeting.... but imagine the grief he would get if he treated them like they the bunch of racists they are.

He got less boo's than I would have expected, and a whole lot more Cheers than I expected. He also got a standing O when he was Done.

Not bad all around.

Will it change many of their Minds, Nah, But at least he had the balls to do it.

I will give him that though... :clap2:

Not bad all around.

I think it showed goodwill, to his guests who heard him out, especially considering that Obama doesn't plan to speak to them himself and is sending Vice President Biden instead.....:badgrin:

It was a positive rather than a negative, for Romney to attend and give them his time and his intentions, and that the crowd gave him a standing ovation, shows that others share my view...

Obviously, Romney went there to get "boos" and insult a room full of blacks and it worked. Red meat to the Republican base. Finally, Republicans can quit saying it's not about race.

Not bad all around.

I think it showed goodwill, to his guests who heard him out, especially considering that Obama doesn't plan to speak to them himself and is sending Vice President Biden instead.....:badgrin:

It was a positive rather than a negative, for Romney to attend and give them his time and his intentions, and that the crowd gave him a standing ovation, shows that others share my view...

I sure hope you are right.

Not bad all around.

Why should Obama speak to them? It's not their vote he's worried about...

Today, GOP nominee Mitt Romney who honored the NAACP in Houston with his presence was booed silly. While the governor was booed for opposing Obamacare (aka revised Romneycare) and VoterID Law, the governor received standing ovation for supporting traditional marriage from attendees of NAACP's 103rd Annual Convention in Space City - Romney faces NAACP, booed for hitting 'Obamacare' | Fox News

I thought it was mighty nice and brave of the GOP nominee, Mitt Romney, to have attended the NAACP Convention and share his views, while extending a hand of friendship to the NAACP. I am of the opinion that it takes a person of character to stand in front of opposition and express his/her opposing views unafraid.

I have no problem with that, the attendees want obamacare so they voiced their opinion the way they could, they didn't yell epithets etc....fine by me.

Obviously, Romney went there to get "boos" and insult a room full of blacks and it worked. Red meat to the Republican base. Finally, Republicans can quit saying it's not about race.

So the dummies played right into his hands??? :lmao:

One good thing is... like AquaAthena said, they are not all idiot drones.

why yes becasue he told them what they didn't want to hear and disagrees with obamacare so, its an insult?:lol: you're such a hack...

Not bad all around.

True...but I wonder if any of them are insulted by the assumption and basically being taken for granted.

True...but I wonder if any of them are insulted by the assumption and basically being taken for granted.

They should be.

And they are.

Don't tell the shithead Grandpa since his bi-polar meds aren't working today and he thought the NAALCP was nice to Romney.

Obama doesn't plan to speak to them himself and is sending Vice President Biden instead.....:badgrin: ...

He'd be afraid of how the footage of him getting booed for his same-sex marriage stance might be used against him.

Props to the Governor for going. I think the President made a big mistake in not attending. This is the type of thing that may come back to haunt him.

Maybe not all, but I definitely think the majority are idiot drones. After all, their party is 90% white. What else can you expect? Oh wait, were you talking about those at the NAACP? They invited Mitt in good faith. I suspect they didn't expect to get insulted. What would you have to them do? Sit there an take it like good little Toms?

Maybe not all, but I definitely think the majority are idiot drones. After all, their party is 90% white. What else can you expect? Oh wait, were you talking about those at the NAACP? They invited Mitt in good faith. I suspect they didn't expect to get insulted. What would you have to them do? Sit there an take it like good little Toms?

If they were insulted, it was in their own minds. I heard nothing from Romney that they should have found insulting, unless it was his criticism of our President.

Forum List

Back