Mitt Romney: Backwards on Equality

BDBoop

Platinum Member
Jul 20, 2011
Don't harsh my zen, Jen!
George Bush was in favor of same-sex civil unions. Mitt Romney wants a federal amendment to the constitution defining marriage as being between a man and a woman.

This is in the face of more Americans supporting SSM than being against it.

Then he points at history? Really. When his own grandparents escaped to Mexico against the "one man, one woman" take on things.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwJJm-we-vs]Mitt Romney: Backwards on Equality - YouTube[/ame]

I am posting this in politics, because this is the Republican candidate for President.

Last edited:
I am outraged. A man who sees marriage as one man and one woman. My gast is flabbered.

But... I can understand why you posted it in 'politics', we don't have a 'what a bunch of fucking crap' forum.

• Banned
I see you picked up on the 'gast is flabbered' meme. Tres funny.

I explained why I posted it here. If the mods find it inappropriate, they'll move it. No worries.

You can go back to sewing your buttons.

President Obama gets enthusiastic welcome at L.A. gay event - latimes.com

"Instead of taking action to create jobs, the president has decided to focus on holding a record 150 fundraisers to save his own — it must be tough being president when there are so many parties to attend," said Republican National Committee spokesman Matt Connelly.

Really? Why hasn't Congress been working on jobs? Why didn't they pass the American Jobs Act? Are they too busy partying, too?

Buncha whiny ass losers.

Republicans attack Obama over glitzy fundraisers | Reuters

(Reuters) - As President Barack Obama began a West Coast fundraising tour on Wednesday to raise millions for his re-election campaign, Republicans seized on the glitzy events to paint him as out of touch with Americans struggling with economic distress.

I don't care who y'all are, that right there is funny. Because if Obama is 'out of touch' - what does that make Romney?

I explained why I posted it here. If the mods find it inappropriate, they'll move it. No worries.

"Instead of taking action to create jobs, the president has decided to focus on holding a record 150 fundraisers to save his own — it must be tough being president when there are so many parties to attend," said Republican National Committee spokesman Matt Connelly.

Really? Why hasn't Congress been working on jobs? Why didn't they pass the American Jobs Act? Are they too busy partying, too?

Buncha whiny ass losers.

(Reuters) - As President Barack Obama began a West Coast fundraising tour on Wednesday to raise millions for his re-election campaign, Republicans seized on the glitzy events to paint him as out of touch with Americans struggling with economic distress.

I don't care who y'all are, that right there is funny. Because if Obama is 'out of touch' - what does that make Romney?

I don't care who you are, you should be smart enough to work out what Romney meant by the 'out of touch' reference... meaning how many average Americans can afford the $35k to attend dinner with Obama.... you might find that funny. I don't.

I haven't seen any evidence whatever that more people want ssm than don't.

Got a link?

• Banned

Buncha whiny ass losers.

I don't care who you are, you should be smart enough to work out what Romney meant by the 'out of touch' reference... meaning how many average Americans can afford the $35k to attend dinner with Obama.... you might find that funny. I don't.

As compared to how many people can afford to make a $10k bet?

Exactly.

George Bush was in favor of same-sex civil unions. Mitt Romney wants a federal amendment to the constitution defining marriage as being between a man and a woman.

Then he points at history? Really. When his own grandparents escaped to Mexico against the "one man, one woman" take on things.

Mitt Romney: Backwards on Equality - YouTube

I am posting this in politics, because this is the Republican candidate for President.

Since more Americans support it, according to you, can you explain why voters in every state where there has been a vote on this vote against it?

You are pathetic.

Boop just likes bullies like gay orginizations who notoriesly hate anyone not like them (OMG if a lesbian dares do it with a guy, they are HATED by gays).

Buncha whiny ass losers.

As compared to how many people can afford to make a $10k bet?

Exactly.

Except Romney was joking and Obama's not.

I haven't seen any evidence whatever that more people want ssm than don't.

Got a link?

A series of CNN polls (among others) have found majority support for legalization of same sex marriage: http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2012/images/06/06/rel5e.pdf

Admittedly, the wording, which presupposes the existence of a marriage might have led to a different result than if they had asked: "should same sex couples have the right to get legally married?". The CNN poll question:

Do you think marriages between gay and lesbian couples should or should not be recognized by the
law as valid, with the same rights as traditional marriages?

Buncha whiny ass losers.

Probably more than can afford $50,000 a plate to attend a dinner with Willard Romney!!! But you have no problem with that!

Whitman: Mitt’s capitalist comrade – - Sportsmen VoteSportsmen Vote

Whitman, who is also co-chairing a $50,000-a-plate fundraiser for Romney on Wednesday in an historic chateau

I think you're misrepresenting GWB's policies (I assume you aren't referring to GHWB). As far as I know he never supported civil unions, he just didn't propose to ban them by constitutional amendment: Bush calls for ban on same-sex marriages - CNN

On the other hand, it is difficult to look at Romney's record on LGBT rights (Political positions of Mitt Romney - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) and fail to conclude that he is today less sympathetic to LGBT rights (at least publicly) than his own past self.

I think you're misrepresenting GWB's policies (I assume you aren't referring to GHWB). As far as I know he never supported civil unions, he just didn't propose to ban them by constitutional amendment: Bush calls for ban on same-sex marriages - CNN

On the other hand, it is difficult to look at Romney's record on LGBT rights (Political positions of Mitt Romney - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) and fail to conclude that he is today less sympathetic to LGBT rights (at least publicly) than his own past self.

I just went by the clip of him saying so in the video.

Mitt Romney: Backwards on Equality - YouTube

Thank you for bringing it up! The idea of polygamous marriage as an extension of same sex marriage is often made but putting it in context of Mitt Romney is something I had not considered. Despite his grandparents polygamous marriage, Romney obviously rejects the concept. Because it was something his grandparents believed, Romney doesn't think it should be foisted on himself, or the entire nation. The idea that grandma and grandpa did it, so we should do it too, is a dead idea to him.

obama on the other hand, has a father that was a polygamist. He has dreams from his father which may just include males owning harems of women to wait on him and his support of same sex marriage is a step to the legalization of those relationships.

Rejection of polygamy is just one more reason to vote Romney.

I just went by the clip of him saying so in the video.

I see. Sorry, I don't usually watch the videos, and I didn't realize that was your source for the Bush position (the initial image is of Romney).

The quote in the video from Bush is

I don't think we should deny people the rights to a civil union...

However, once one tracks the quote down it is clear that it has been truncated to alter its meaning (http://archive.theamericanview.com/index.php?id=207)

I don't think we should deny people rights to a civil union, a legal arrangement, if that's when a state chooses to do so.

Bush was reacting to that part of the GOP platform (The New York Times > Washington > Image > The Platform on Gay Marriage) which called for a constitutional amendment denying not only "marriage" but those legal benefits that traditionally accompany marriage (i.e., those that could be had in a civil union). So Bush could be said to be offering some slight level of support for civil unions, in that he did not want to constitutionally ban them.

However, Bush certainly did not urge states to pass civil union laws, and he made it clear (http://www.nytimes.com/2004/10/26/politics/campaign/26gay.html) that he would not have supported such laws if he were still in state government.

I still think it is a gross mischaracterization to say that Bush supported civil unions.

Last edited:
Necrophilia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
liberals here is a list of states to avoid! Now I see why you guys are loving Virginia!

As of May 2006, there is no federal legislation specifically barring sex with a corpse.[citation needed] Multiple states have their own laws:

Alabama - Class C felony under 13A-11-13
Alaska - Class A misdemeanor under 11-61-130
Arizona - Class 4 felony under 32-1364
Arkansas - Class D felony under 5-60-101
California - Felony under Health and Safety Code 7052, up to eight years in prison
Colorado - Class 2 misdemeanor under 18-13-101
Connecticut - Class A misdemeanor under 53a-73a
Delaware - Class A misdemeanor under 11-5-1332
Florida - Second degree felony under chapter 872.06
Georgia also has a law prohibiting sex with corpses [1]
Hawaii - Misdemeanor under 7
Iowa - Class D felony under 709.18
Minnesota and Nevada also have laws prohibiting sex with corpses[18]
Nevada - Class A felony with a maximum penalty of life in prison with the possibility of parole under NRS 201.450
New York - Class A misdemeanor under 130.20
Ohio - Second degree misdemeanor, fifth degree felony under 2927.01
Oregon - Felony for "Abuse of Corpse" ORS 166.085
Pennsylvania - Second degree misdemeanor under 18 Pa. Cons. Stat. § 5510, "a person who treats a corpse in a way that he knows would outrage ordinary family sensibilities commits a misdemeanor of the second degree".
Texas - Class A misdemeanor [2]
Washington - Class C felony for "Sexually violating human remains" RCW 9A.44.105
Wisconsin - Class G felony under 940.225 (7)

Last edited:

Forum List

Back