Mitt Romney asked about Republican Poor, says "I'm not trying to help them".

R

rdean

On Morning Joe, Mitt Romney was asked about what he would do for the Republican poor and how his policies would help the Republican poor and he said he's not trying to target any particular segment of society.

In other words, "You guys are on your own, don't look to me for help".

Really good message.

When asked about his "policies", there were the typical Republican repsonse:

Cut taxes for the wealthy

gut the EPA

Open health care across state borders (so it can't be regulated)

and variations on these three themes.

Nothing about education, building American infrastructure, helping the middle class.

So, this is it? The is the best Republicans have to offer? Am I missing something here? This fantasy that cutting taxes for billionaires will make jobs has gone on way too long. Do Republicans really believe America can compete with a failing infrastructure and no education? How would success look without those?

Last edited by a moderator:
On Morning Joe, Mitt Romney was asked about what he would do for the Republican poor and how his policies would help the Republican poor and he said he's not trying to target any particular segment of society.

Really good message.

When asked about his "policies", they were the typical Republican repsonse:

gut the EPA

Nothing about education, building American infrastructure, helping the middle class.

So, this is it? The is the best Republicans have to offer? Am I missing something here? This fantasy that cutting taxes for billionaires will make jobs has gone on way too long. Do Republicans really believe America can compete with a failing infrastructure and no education? How would success look without those?

LINK?

Of course, not centering efforts on one segment of society, and instead, trying to help every segment of society, is a no-no for libtards.

putz.

Really good message.

gut the EPA

So now Liberals have resorted to blatant lying. Actually nothing new there.

Mitt Romney never said this. I saw the segment and he was saying he wants EVERYBODY to have a chance at the Amercian Dream. His policies will help ALL AMERCIANS, likewise its not aimed at any one group. If he aimed it at one group like Obama does that would be class warfare.

Now carry on with more of your lies Liberal.

but he is targeting the rich for tax cuts

I never got a job from a poor man. Have you?

I hope my employer gets tax cuts because that means more benefits for me and my fellow workers. I just might be able to go out and buy that big screen TV I want!

Really good message.

gut the EPA

Mitt Romney never said this. I saw the segment and he was saying he wants EVERYBODY to have a chance at the Amercian Dream. His policies will help ALL AMERCIANS, likewise its not aimed at any one group. If he aimed it at one group like Obama does that would be class warfare.

No doubt Dean will slink away from the thread now. Allah forbid he post a link to his nonsense.

Really good message.

gut the EPA

The truth is often inconvenient to the left.

Really good message.

gut the EPA

LINK?

Of course, not centering efforts on one segment of society, and instead, trying to help every segment of society, is a no-no for libtards.

putz.
But cutting taxes for the wealthy and gutting the EPA really doesn't add up to centering efforts on one segment of society, does it? Unless you're a wealthy corporation.

I hope my employer gets tax cuts because that means more benefits for me and my fellow workers. I just might be able to go out and buy that big screen TV I want!
Tax cuts for the wealthy don't create jobs. DEMAND for products creates jobs.

Do you really believe that a rich guy looks at his 1040 and says "Wow! I don't have to pay that extra 6%! I'll open a factory to celebrate!"

He'll open that factory if there are people WITH MONEY IN THEIR HANDS wanting to buy what he's making.

Put more money into more hands and watch our economy boom.

I never bought anything I couldn't afford, have you? I hope I get a tax cut so I can afford to buy that big screen TV.

Really good message.

gut the EPA

LINK?

putz.
But cutting taxes for the wealthy and gutting the EPA really doesn't add up to centering efforts on one segment of society, does it? Unless you're a wealthy corporation.
please link to the interview in the OP, and show me where Romney said he wants to gut the EPA.
When you don't know what you're talking about, you should probably not talk about it.

An employer does not "give" you a job. You provide him with labor and he makes a profit off of your labor. Money is made off of every employee

No sensible employer is going to add employees because he just got a tax break. They do not hire based on money on hand but on the market for their good or service. If there is money to be made by hiring new employees, they will. If there is not, they will just take that tax cut and keep the money

Do you really believe that a rich guy looks at his 1040 and says "Wow! I don't have to pay that extra 6%! I'll open a factory to celebrate!"

He'll open that factory if there are people WITH MONEY IN THEIR HANDS wanting to buy what he's making.

I never bought anything I couldn't afford, have you? I hope I get a tax cut so I can afford to buy that big screen TV.

I have no idea which discussion you think you're in. Clearly you didn't READ and COMPREHEND. I merely said when my employer has more money at their disposal it gets passed down in various forms to guys like me. I know this for a fact. So I like the idea of tax cuts for people like my employer.

Not sure where the "factory" came from and the idea of spending more than you can afford.

Millions in hedge fund money pays for...

12,000 tv ads for Romney.

Gingrich only placed 240 tv ads.

The hedge funds won this election.

The government should leave us all on our own. obama's message is that the government will be our partner in life, day by day, a sort of federal spouse.

I don't need this forced marriage. The government should leave everyone on their own. How did "You are on your own" get to be so terrifying to democrats?

Really good message.

gut the EPA

Romney: 'I'm not concerned about the very poor' - Yahoo! News

"I'm not concerned about the very poor." he said Wednesday.

A candidate for the 1%.

He'll open that factory with taxpayer money and then not pay taxes himself.

Remember the Tea Bag victory is to socialize the costs but privatize the profits. Romney will be good for corporations to be sure.

Really good message.

gut the EPA

There are no poor Republicans.

Just ask the Democrats.

Really good message.

gut the EPA

If you need to spin the words of someone you disagree with in an attempt to make them look bad, then you most certainly do not deem them as looking bad on their own merits.

Sadly, you dont agree with Romney who feels no President should target JUST ONE GROUP...and instead target the US population as a whole.

I cant imagine why you disagree with him though.

Forum List

Back