Mitt Romney and the Mormon White Horse Prophesy

I can see some conflict between evangelicals expecting Jesus' return to Israel and LDS belief he'll return to Independence, Missouri.

Republicans want a "Christian Taliban" here now. How is this different?

A bunch of hooey.

uh-huh. Sure. I'm sure all the other ditto heads will bob their heads up and down but not one of you knows what you're talking about.

Go stick your head back in the sand.

Idiots.

Hey, douchenoodle, pay attention this time...

I am neither a ditto head nor am I an RW. I will not be voting for Romney, nor will I be voting for Obama. I find both of them equally distasteful.

Got it?

Good.

Fucking moron.

The OP is an idiot and a bigot

Having a close and personnel relationship with Mormonism for over 30 years,I can tell you he knows nothing at all that is factual

I am not a Mormon by the way so save your fingers the trouble.

Obama's or Romney' s personnel religious beliefs and experiences have no bearing on the election.

Typical of the oh so tolerant left.

I didn't claim to know very much about Mormonism and I believe I very clearly stated that I don't know if all this is true or not. Did you miss that memo?

Is it true? IS there really such a thing as the White Horse prophesy?

And, by the way, if the claim that Obama is a Muslim is important, why shouldn't Romney's Mormonism be a subject of discussion?

Having a close and personnel relationship with Mormonism for over 30 years,I can tell you he knows nothing at all that is factual

Obama's or Romney' s personnel religious beliefs and experiences have no bearing on the election.

No need to be harsh. He hasn't done any damage. And my guess is he simply doesn't know any better. There is alot of misinformation about mormonism that people think is accurate.

Who the fu@@ cares. Religion is BS. This story is BS

Maybe to you. And, certainly to me. I'm MORE likely to believe in Santa Claus.

But, the fundies take it very seriously. So do various "christian" sects and that old phony, Billy Graham sold out at the drop of a hat. Heck, the Scientology froot loops are watching very carefully to figure out how they can cash in.

The LDS ARE cashing in. That's why the big push with missionaries to the most ignorant parts of the south. They're selling Mitt and their religion. And, you can bet the idiots who want more than anything to believe President Obama is a "muslin" from Africa are buying.

Never underestimate the power of fire and brimstone mixed with poverty and snake handlers.

And, take note that those are not the people the pubpots want to stop from voting!

We have missionaries all over the world. They are sent out to lift people. The Gospel of Jesus Christ is designed to bring people out of poverty. To give their spirit life. When the uneducated come to Christ, He teaches them the principles needed to learn and educate oneself. When a poor person comes to Christ, He teaches them the discipline and principles needed to be wealthy. When a wealthy man comes to Christ, He teaches them to be humble and generous with what the Lord has blessed Him with.

The message of the Restored Gospel has touched countless lives. That's why we give of our time free of charge to preach the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ. We want people to come to Christ and find joy and happiness through the Atonement and the principles He teaches.

And, btw, we aren't trying to stop anyone from voting. Quite the opposite.

I can see some conflict between evangelicals expecting Jesus' return to Israel and LDS belief he'll return to Independence, Missouri.

There is no conflict. When Christ makes His appearance before the World at large, it will be on the Mount of Olives.

Republicans want a "Christian Taliban" here now. How is this different?

Please read one of my sig quotes rdean. I think it's very on point:

“When men open their lips against [the truth] they do not injure me, but injure themselves. … When things that are of the greatest importance are passed over by weak-minded men without even a thought, I want to see truth in all its bearings and hug it to my bosom. I believe all that God ever revealed, and I never hear of a man being damned for believing too much; but they are damned for unbelief.” - Joseph Smith Jr.

Lying about what we want, doesn't hurt us. It hurts you. Is that really the kind of person you want to be? One who has to misrepresent what others think in order to score points on a message board? For what purpose? Does it help whatever cause you stand for?

Republicans don't want a Christian Taliban if there was such a thing. Many Republicans aren't even religious. Some Republicans are Jewish. Some are Muslim. I know a local Republican who is Hindu.

What we want is liberty. We want religious liberty. We want economic liberty. We want to be able to live our lives without a bureaucrat is Washington trying to make our lives more difficult. We want to make our own mistakes. We want to make our own success. We want to provide for the poor and needy on our own. We want the government to stop taking all our money so we wont be poor and needy ourselves.

This is the truth.

I didn't claim to know very much about Mormonism and I believe I very clearly stated that I don't know if all this is true or not. Did you miss that memo?

And, by the way, if the claim that Obama is a Muslim is important, why shouldn't Romney's Mormonism be a subject of discussion?

I don't have a problem with anyone discussing Romney's Faith. Mormonism can hold up to the scrutiny.

As I said earlier, the White Horse prophecy is a fabrication built around the aspect of another prophecy. Namely that there will come a time when the Constitution will hang by a thread and that the Elders of Israel will be the ones to save it if anyone does.

The White Horse prophecy adds a bunch of stuff to that that is blatantly untrue in most cases and those additions were provided decades after the above paraphrased prophecy.

There is no prophecy of a Mormon President. (would be nice because we are going to have one in a few months. Would be another hit for Joseph Smith if it was).
There is no Prophecy of a Mormon takeover. Nor any desire for one.

The site you're linking to is notorious for making things up. Even the Anti-Mormons don't put much stock in alot of what is said there

There is no conflict. When Christ makes His appearance before the World at large, it will be on the Mount of Olives.
Mount of Olives is a long way from Missouri.

That was my point. There is no dispute that Christ's second coming will occur before the world at the Mount of Olives.

I don't have a problem with anyone discussing Romney's Faith. Mormonism can hold up to the scrutiny.

As I said earlier, the White Horse prophecy is a fabrication built around the aspect of another prophecy. Namely that there will come a time when the Constitution will hang by a thread and that the Elders of Israel will be the ones to save it if anyone does.

The White Horse prophecy adds a bunch of stuff to that that is blatantly untrue in most cases and those additions were provided decades after the above paraphrased prophecy.

There is no prophecy of a Mormon President. (would be nice because we are going to have one in a few months. Would be another hit for Joseph Smith if it was).
There is no Prophecy of a Mormon takeover. Nor any desire for one.

The site you're linking to is notorious for making things up. Even the Anti-Mormons don't put much stock in alot of what is said there

Oh, I know it's an extremist position. My own research found a lot about this so-called prophesy, but ALL of it came either from people outside the LDS church or from former Mormon's who have some kind of axe to grind. The church itself disavows it and does not claim it as a part of their doctrine. That makes the whole thing suspect.

However, it's clear that there are a pretty substantial number of people within in the church who DO believe it's true and are in positions to actually make it happen. For instance, Beck has so much authority with his followers that he can create the conditions whereby the Constitution hangs by a thread simply by urging his followers to revolt. Given his long history of peddling conspiracy theories, it's not beyond the realm of possibility, is it?

The unanswered question is where Romney stands on this. Does he believe it? Does he not? Confronted with a Constitutional crisis, would he claim himself as the appointed one and move to fulfill the prophesy? Would he not?

We simply don't know, do we?

That was my point. There is no dispute that Christ's second coming will occur before the world at the Mount of Olives.

Yes, there is. His second coming will be when He appears to believers and takes them up to avoid the coming tribulation period, an event most commonly called The Rapture. His descent to the Mount of Olives is really His third coming, though you don't usually hear it referred to as that.

you all didn't care about Obama's religion, so you have no room to talk now about others

But, other people do care so I see no reason why Romney's religion should be off-limits.

Incidentally, don't make the mistake of assuming I believe everything I post here, especially in regards to threads I start. Sometimes, I start threads only to generate discussion on different topics which I think others may find interesting. This is such a thread.

we should be discussing this secretive religion that romney follows...why does he need the secret service when he has his special garments? or does he really not believe?

There are always prophecies.

I'm not overly concerned about this as I know for a fact any attempt to turn the US into a Theocracy ran by the Mormons would end in bloody revolution. A HUGE portion of the country view the Church of Jesus Christ and the Latter Day Saints as an out and out cult. A nice friendly cult, but a cult all the same. There's zero chance the Catholics, Protestants, atheists, and agnostics of the nation would stand by and let a cult representing a small portion of the nation seize control.

I am more concerned about the true stories I've heard about the influence The Prophet has over his people. I'd like some distance between the President and unelected advisers. I'm a Christian, but when it comes to politics I'm very much a Cardinal Richelieu man. The State has its own morality, and as a leader you have to check your own morals at the door and do what's best for the nation.

Yes, there is. His second coming will be when He appears to believers and takes them up to avoid the coming tribulation period, an event most commonly called The Rapture. His descent to the Mount of Olives is really His third coming, though you don't usually hear it referred to as that.

This is what I was always taught based on the Bible and believe to be true. It's clear that a rebuilding of the Temple and the existence of the nation of Israel is a necessary part of the prophecies, but it seems clear that he will come in the skies to raise the dead first.

Forum List

Back