Mitt Romney and the draft.

As I suspected, the supposed dodging of the draft never occurred.

Romney received a school deferment because, GASP, he was in college. He then received a deferment because he spent 30 months in France as a Missionary. Neither event being exceptional or dodging anything. Upon his return he went to College again but was in the draft for 69, his high number meant he did not get picked.

Lets contrast that with Clinton shall we?

Clinton got an ROTC Col. to write him a deferment letter with the promise he would join the ROTC program. He not only did not join after getting the letter he fled the Country to England to purposefully avoid the draft, which he admitted in the letter to the Col.

Remind us again which of the two actually took steps to AVOID the draft?

Clinton is not running against Romney for president.
Clinton???

Umm he had to file for those deferrments....
How many did Obama file for?
Missionary work in France ???

LMAO that is a good one.
Poor little rich missionary work?

In 1989, Romney led Bain Capital's purchase of Damon Corp., a medical testing company, and took a seat on the Board of Directors to better manage it. During Romney's four years, Bain tripled its investment, and Romney personally made $473,000 while Damon plumped its profits with Medicare fraud (running thousands of medical tests doctors didn't want, and billing Medicare for them). The company pled guilty to crimes committed during his tenure and paid a record fine of $119 million. Romney claims he "uncovered" the fraudulent claims and "took corrective action," but court records show that he did not notify prosecutors or stop the fraudulent billing. The cheating continued, prosecutors say, until the day Bain sold the company to Corning.

As I suspected, the supposed dodging of the draft never occurred.

Romney received a school deferment because, GASP, he was in college. He then received a deferment because he spent 30 months in France as a Missionary. Neither event being exceptional or dodging anything. Upon his return he went to College again but was in the draft for 69, his high number meant he did not get picked.

Lets contrast that with Clinton shall we?

Clinton got an ROTC Col. to write him a deferment letter with the promise he would join the ROTC program. He not only did not join after getting the letter he fled the Country to England to purposefully avoid the draft, which he admitted in the letter to the Col.

Remind us again which of the two actually took steps to AVOID the draft?

Romney: Sons Serve Country By Campaigning

Republican presidential hopeful Mitt Romney on Wednesday defended his five sons' decision not to enlist in the military, saying they're showing their support for the country by "helping me get elected."

Romney, who did not serve in Vietnam due to his Mormon missionary work and a high draft lottery number, was asked the question by an anti-war activist after a speech in which he called for "a surge of support" for U.S. forces in Iraq.

Romney: Sons Serve Country By Campaigning - CBS News

RetiredGaySgt, you must agree that Romney's sons did their share DEFENDING America by trying to help Mitt get elected. Nice.

So knocking on peoples door's and pestering the hell out of them with Mormon mumbo-jumbo.

Was more honorable than serving our country in a time of war?? :doubt:

You expect that your religious beliefs should be honored and respected while you shit on everyone else's, figures you hypocrite.

That's not "hypocritical".

The fact of having "religious beliefs" means that you think all the other religions have it WRONG.
since when were you ever right

Does the Mormon religion require followers to perform missionary work?

Require is a strong word. If you are at the right age it is very forcefully encouraged.

Probably a good reason why Mormons should never be trusted in positions of power.

A cult that forces people to go out and try to convert other suckers is kind of scary.

JoeB-biden has the same trouble with words and what they mean as idol, Joe Biden.

The cult of atheism makes people conform to certain beliefs and attitudes.

You mean that Bill Clinton won a Rhodes Scholarship just to avoid the draft?

Clinton's Rhodes Scholarship is worth about as much as Obama's Nobel Peace Prize.

Hardly, Rhodes are awarded for academic excellence. Neither man dodged the draft, in fact, Clinton gave up an earned exemption. Look to Bush II for slithering out of the draft. This is one of the first times I have have seen a Rhodes Scholarship termed "fleeing to England'! A tough road to escape, that I know.

JoeB-biden has the same trouble with words and what they mean as idol, Joe Biden.

I think the wording is pretty clear, guy.

The Mormons force their members to go out and do missionary work. And often, this is just another way to control them. Because often parents have to go deeply in debt to the Church in order to pay for their kids missionary requirement.

Like the Mormon Scumwad I met in 1983, who just got back from a missionary work in Japan, even though he spoke no Japanese and made no converts (because Japanese people are too smart for that shit, mostly).

I think the wording is pretty clear, guy.

The Mormons force their members to go out and do missionary work. And often, this is just another way to control them. Because often parents have to go deeply in debt to the Church in order to pay for their kids missionary requirement.

Like the Mormon Scumwad I met in 1983, who just got back from a missionary work in Japan, even though he spoke no Japanese and made no converts (because Japanese people are too smart for that shit, mostly).

Force, no; strongly encourage, yes.

One example makes an argument for an entire class, no.

Words have meaning. Be more rigorous please. You are not stupid.

Forum List

Back