Mitt Romney ahead in latest poll.

I have a feeling Paul will close that gap, not win but close it a lot... If Paul wins Iowa.

If this debacle in Virginia--where they have eliminated 6 out of 8 GOP candidates--and it comes back to GOP establishment shenanigans--you can bet it will come down on Romney's head--like you've never witnessed before.

it's CNN folks, the commie new network...

nothing to see, move along

vote for your own choice. no matter.

Last edited:
It’s still Romney on top in NH – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

It is over. Mitt is going to be the GOP nominee. The baggers need to bite their tongues and vote for him. There is not a far right extremist on the horizon.

Romney has been ahead all along in NH, this isnt' exactly news.

He has a home there.

Now, I think he will probably be the GOP nominee, because that's what the establishment wants. And then they are going to be shocked when no one shows up in November to vote for him.

I am starting to see a media push for Romney.
Albeit a small sampling I can feel a slight change
from being indifferent to a "lean forward" towards Romney.
My source is a show on cable TV in the morning that has
a so called conservative as the host with a super liberal side kick.

The extreme right and libertarians just are not disciplined. You do things when they need to be done. It is called adulthood, and if they can't do it, then imagine the debacle they would make in office.

Go Romney.

I am starting to see a media push for Romney.
Albeit a small sampling I can feel a slight change
from being indifferent to a "lean forward" towards Romney.
My source is a show on cable TV in the morning that has
a so called conservative as the host with a super liberal side kick.

Romney will be the most awesome guy in the world to the MSM. Until he gets the nomination.

Then we are all going to find out he's a slimy businessman with a whackjob religion and they will put a glaring spotlight on his every flaw.

Just like they did with McCain.

Just like they did Hillary.

Just like they did to Jack Ryan.

Obama survives by the media being his lapdog.

The GOP will go for someone who they feel
has an across the board appeal to a wide range of voters.
Anyone who they think will get more votes then the other candidate is where they will go.
Being conservative will not be the attraction.
Whichever candidate has the ability to tell the media
what they feel the media wants to hear in that news cycle
will be the choice.

Last edited:
The extreme right and libertarians just are not disciplined. You do things when they need to be done. It is called adulthood, and if they can't do it, then imagine the debacle they would make in office.

Go Romney.

Jake, if the establishment weren't crapping their pants over what a weak candidate Romney is, they wouldn't be pulling crap like this...

So what do you think your boy is going to do when he comes up against Obama with his Chicago brass knuckles tactics?

The GOP will go for someone who they feel
has an across the board appeal to a wide range of voters.
Anyone who they think will get more votes then the other candidate is where they will go.
Being conservative will not be the attraction.
Whichever candidate has the ability to tell the media
what they feel the media wants to hear in that news cycle
will be the choice.

We had that guy in 2008. His name was John McCain. How'd that work out again?

Romney, if he does not discipline his act, will get clobbered by Obama and crew. The Obammies will expose the "Obama said this [when in fact he did not] and Obama did that [when in fact he did not]" easily and discredit the GOP so that 60% of the country will vote against Romney.

Either the GOP debates the substantial points, or it loses. Can Romney et al do this? I do know that Newtie and the far righties cannot.

It is over. Mitt is going to be the GOP nominee. The baggers need to bite their tongues and vote for him. There is not a far right extremist on the horizon.

He has a home there.

Now, I think he will probably be the GOP nominee, because that's what the establishment wants. And then they are going to be shocked when no one shows up in November to vote for him.

That is what the voters want.

Romney, if he does not discipline his act, will get clobbered by Obama and crew. The Obammies will expose the "Obama said this [when in fact he did not] and Obama did that [when in fact he did not]" easily and discredit the GOP so that 60% of the country will vote against Romney.

Either the GOP debates the substantial points, or it loses. Can Romney et al do this? I do know that Newtie and the far righties cannot.

Since the Obama folks can provide tape of Romney taking 180 degree dimetrically opposed points to EVERY issue, I don't think he can make this argument credibly.

The argument against Obama is that he's a liberal, and liberalism doesn't work. Romney can't make this argument because he's a liberal, too.

He has a home there.

That is what the voters want.

I haven't talked to one Republican who is thrilled with the notion of Romney as the nominee.

Not one.

Since the Obama folks can provide tape of Romney taking 180 degree dimetrically opposed points to EVERY issue, I don't think he can make this argument credibly.

The argument against Obama is that he's a liberal, and liberalism doesn't work. Romney can't make this argument because he's a liberal, too.

Your point is wrong on face value: in fact, both liberalism and conservatism work. Romney is to the center of right, Obama center of left. That they are both liberal in your mind is only based on your political principles.

The question is which one will work better, JoeB, because Obama or Romney most likely will be your president.

Newtie, to me, is as unprincipled as Aaron Burr or Richard M. Nixon. If elected, he would eventually be impeached by Dems and Pubs, tried, convicted, and removed from office.

Forum List

Back