Mitt Romney against the debt deal

Id worry about who you are going to primary against the Oman if you are going to stand a chance holding on to the presidency.

Obama is about 40% in popularity, more than twice what the public think of the Tea Party.

Whoever we in the GOP choose, it better not be a Bachmann or a Palin type candidate. Sure defeat.

He did not say he wouldn't have raised the debt ceiling. He stated that he would have demanded deeper cuts and a balanced budget IF HE WERE PRESIDENT. Unlike Obama, he would have offered a plan.

Where is Obama's plan on the debt ceiling? Oh that's right, he never had one!! He likes to "lead from behind".... :lol:

He says he would have somehow gotten a balanced budget without touching defense or raising taxes whatsoever. Would have loved to see that budget.

It's right next to Obama's plan. :lol:

He did not say he wouldn't have raised the debt ceiling. He stated that he would have demanded deeper cuts and a balanced budget IF HE WERE PRESIDENT. Unlike Obama, he would have offered a plan.

Where is Obama's plan on the debt ceiling? Oh that's right, he never had one!! He likes to "lead from behind".... :lol:

He says he would have somehow gotten a balanced budget without touching defense or raising taxes whatsoever. Would have loved to see that budget.
Mitt knows his tea party audience. :lol:

Let's start with: Can you name any actual plan that Reid or Obama presented to anyone?
"Changes to Social Security" can mean "20 years down the road we'll raise eligibility to 62.5 from 62."

Why should I bother to answer your question when you don't answer mine?

I'll ask again:

Can you name one thing the GOP was willing to compromise on that they were in a position to sacrifice in the first place?

Yeah they cut the amount of spending cuts-they wanted---they cut out the "Cap" plan to bring democrats on board.

Now--the question is what did Obama do in all of this?---:lol::lol: Nada--except come off of the golf course every now and then to give another perfectly pronounced speech.

$fore.jpg

The real losers in all this are the American People...Congress didn't do squat about out of control spending. We are still facing $trillion+ deficits every year... A simple Freeze of all federal spending at today's bloated rates would produce $10 Trillion in savings over 10 years. Instead, we got $1 trillion over ten yrs. Basically they accomplished nothing.

Yeah they cut the amount of spending cuts-they wanted---they cut out the "Cap" plan to bring democrats on board.

Sorry, that's not something they are in a position to sacrifice. Try again. Even Paul Ryan said trying to pass the BBA was unrealistic.

Sorry, that's not something they are in a position to sacrifice. Try again. Even Paul Ryan said trying to pass the BBA was unrealistic.

A LINK to Paul Ryan saying that?

If Republicans wouldn't have caved to democrat demands we would have had a much better bill in the 1st deficit reduction bill that passed the house called Cut--Cap and Balance. Harry Reid tabled it and Obama stated he would veto it.

So WHO again made concessions to avoid a default on our debt? REPUBLICANS did. Harry Reid couldn't even get his bill to pass his democrat senate. Obama didn't have a bill--just more perfectly pronounced speeches--:lol::lol:

$media bias.gif

That seems to be the case. Problem for him is they're already more likely to vote for someone like Bachmann over him. All he's doing is tossing away his moderate support to candidates like Huntsman or even Cain in some cases.

Both of whom are even less electable then Romney.

They didn't just sit in a jail ceil they worked and went back to jail. They did what ever job the judg had them to do. Something on the lines of the chain gang road detail.

You’ve got to be kidding.

A LINK to Paul Ryan saying that?

If Republicans wouldn't have caved to democrat demands we would have had a much better bill in the 1st deficit reduction bill that passed the house called Cut--Cap and Balance. Harry Reid tabled it and Obama stated he would veto it.

So WHO again made concessions to avoid a default on our debt? REPUBLICANS did. Harry Reid couldn't even get his bill to pass his democrat senate. Obama didn't have a bill--just more perfectly pronounced speeches--:lol::lol:

View attachment 14470

Republicans were in no position to make a "concession" when it comes to the BBA.

Also, here you go:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKqk6ci-96c&feature=player_embedded]‪Paul Ryan: I Never Thought It Was Realistic To Pass A BBA‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Still waiting for you guys to name one the GOP were in a position to sacrifice that they made a concession on.

Let's start with: Can you name any actual plan that Reid or Obama presented to anyone?
"Changes to Social Security" can mean "20 years down the road we'll raise eligibility to 62.5 from 62."

Why should I bother to answer your question when you don't answer mine?

I'll ask again:

Can you name one thing the GOP was willing to compromise on that they were in a position to sacrifice in the first place?

they didn't have to. they knew Obama would fold.

they didn't have to. they knew Obama would fold.

Of course. Doesn't help that President Obama is not a great negotiator in the first place. Doesn't help further when you got enough people on the GOP side in Congress who think it would be a swell idea to not raise the debt ceiling unless we get a balanced budget amendment tied to it at the same time.

Mitt Romney against the debt deal - Maggie Haberman - POLITICO.com

Mitt Romney issues his most explicit statement today on any form of debt-ceiling deal:

“As president, my plan would have produced a budget that was cut, capped and balanced – not one that opens the door to higher taxes and puts defense cuts on the table. President Obama’s leadership failure has pushed the economy to the brink at the eleventh hour and 59th minute. While I appreciate the extraordinarily difficult situation President Obama’s lack of leadership has placed Republican Members of Congress in, I personally cannot support this deal.”

Mitt Romney made a poor choice by saying we shouldn't raise the debt ceiling. What I find even more amazing is he talks about a budget that is balanced but at the same time doesn't want to put defense cuts on the table. His position puts him on par with Bachmann on this issue.

This is not going to win him over many Conservative voters who don't trust him at all to begin with. What this will do however is draw more support to Huntsman who did support the deal from the moderates who support Romney.
where does he say he wouldn't raise the debt ceiling? Looks like you fell for one of these left wing headlines again.

Mitt Romney issues his most explicit statement today on any form of debt-ceiling deal:

“As president, my plan would have produced a budget that was cut, capped and balanced – not one that opens the door to higher taxes and puts defense cuts on the table. President Obama’s leadership failure has pushed the economy to the brink at the eleventh hour and 59th minute. While I appreciate the extraordinarily difficult situation President Obama’s lack of leadership has placed Republican Members of Congress in, I personally cannot support this deal.”

Mitt Romney made a poor choice by saying we shouldn't raise the debt ceiling. What I find even more amazing is he talks about a budget that is balanced but at the same time doesn't want to put defense cuts on the table. His position puts him on par with Bachmann on this issue.

This is not going to win him over many Conservative voters who don't trust him at all to begin with. What this will do however is draw more support to Huntsman who did support the deal from the moderates who support Romney.

i'm surprised at him. but he must be trying to suck up to the tea nutters.

just proves he's no different from the other repubs. he just cleans up better.

Looks like he has just aligned himself with every other Republican I would not vote for.

Looks like he has just aligned himself with every other Republican I would not vote for.

show me where he actually said he wouldn't raise the debt ceiling.

show me where he actually said he wouldn't raise the debt ceiling.

An unwillingness to make any cuts in defense spending is the thing that bothers me the most.

[ Well you're incorrect again--Republicans do not have problems with closing loopholes to obtain new revenue.

In fact we can start with General Electric--Obama's favorite--who made 18.4 BILLION dollars last year and didn't pay a penny in federal tax on it. That along with Ethanol subsidies--farming subsidies--oil subsidies--etc.--most republicans and especially tea party members would be on board for. BUT--raising taxes on the general public is NOT on the table--and that's exactly what Obama wanted and didn't get. He wanted to hammer the over 250k crowd.

Yes they do have a problem with closing tax loopholes. Also, if the GOP was so willing to get rid of subsidies, why didn't they go along with the Democrats recently?

Why would they want to close tax loophole

most of congress is part of the 1 percenters the top 6 have a combined worth of over 2 trillion dollars. Why would congress want to raise taxes on itself?

[

Why is anyone treating Huntsman like he's a serious candidate.

You know, as a conservative, I get pretty sick of the liberal media trying to foist RINO's like Pawlenty and Huntsman on us when their COMBINED support is less than Herman Cain or Ron Paul, true fringe candidates.

Once conservative support solidifies around a single standard bearer, Mitt is toast.

Someone opined that he left the "Mittness Protection Program". Good luck with him righties.

Whoever we in the GOP choose, it better not be a Bachmann or a Palin type candidate. Sure defeat.

Its who the TeaParty supports that matters now, you republicans are tainted for life after the crap you just pulled with your fellow party members, the democrat's.

Death to your Political Duopoly thats killing aMerica, you people have stolen to much for to long imho.

Someone opined that he left the "Mittness Protection Program". Good luck with him righties.

I don't think he's going to have any support amongst the right. I think he's running on the "inevitability" platform, and it's going to work out as well for him as it did for Hillary.

As someone points out, this is a pretty right-leaning board, but I don't see a whole lot of pro-Romney posters here or a lot of pro-Romney threads. That tells me his support is a yard wide and an inch deep.

And the other moderate "RINO" candidates who the MSM keep telling us are the "Grown-ups" of the GOP are polling in low single digits. Pawlenty is rating 2.8% average on the RCP polls, and Huntsman is so low they don't even bother listing him. (By comparison, Gingrich still rates at 4.8%, even though everyone admits his campaign is in full rigormortis. )

Romney is running a 21.6% average, which makes him the "frontrunner". But the three conservative choices- Bachman (13.2) Perry (12.6) and Palin (12.1) could easily beat him if they agreed on a single candidate. Palin is almost probably not running, and I think Bachmann will implode long before Iowa.

RealClearPolitics - Election 2012 - 2012 Republican Presidential Nomination

Forum List

Back