Mitt Romney 2012?

if he gets the GOP nod, i would likely vote for him
but he likely wont be my first choice

The field looks pretty weak as it stands now, although I do think Romney is a smart bet to win the GOP nomination.

Unless something really drastic happens, Obama will be relected. Just look at history.

Ppphht... IT'S ALREADY HAPPENED! Obama's approval rating has plummeted into the proverbial TOILET faster than any other President in history. He's a one term wonder, and who knows, he could get thrown out before that.

Next election, I'm voting independent, period. I'm sick and tired of the dem, repub stranglehold. Been there, done that. Hasn't worked. I'm sick of them both.

Last edited:
All you romney fans just remember one thing....he brought MA our system of universal healthcare which Devaul Patrick allowed to drag my state 2 billion into the red.

Just saying.

I kinda like romney though, he never raised taxes or fees on anything I have to deal with while he was my gov.
even if he didn't stop the health care reform that is bankrupting my state.

I dunno...i'm hoping for a viable NON-PARTY canidate.....i can have hopes and dreams darn it!!!!

Last edited:
The field looks pretty weak as it stands now, although I do think Romney is a smart bet to win the GOP nomination.

It should have happened in '08, Mitt would have been their best choice. Jindal, Pawlenty are pretty boring. Palin is a loose cannon.

I say Mitt in 2012 also but only if Repubs have smartened up by then. It's a longshot.

IMO......... McCain, Bush, Biden and Gore should not even be on the list.

Romney could have a inside track if the economy stays in the toilet and Obama keeps increasing taxes and fees!

Clinton, Hmmm ....... IMO she is done, but at best a much longer shot than Palin.

Palin is a huge long shot for 2012

Jindal could surprise many.

Obama? ........... He is committing slow political suicide right now, I don't see that changing.

Keep in mind that CEO's are more what is wrong with America than Trail lawyers are. Mitt Romney was a CEO and he loves sending jobs overseas. He also loves the oil companies, insurance companies.

Second point I'd like to make. I thought you guys said all politicians are the same. Dems are no different than Republicans.

Is Mitt the Messiah? Or is he just another dirtbag corrupt politician?

I think a lot of Republicans had some buyers remorse when they went with McCain last year. If he keeps kicking around doing stuff, I think he'll have a shot at the nomination. Jindal, Pawlenty, Crist, and Huckabee will be there, but I doubt they'll be more than spoilers.

I think a lot of Republicans had some buyers remorse when they went with McCain last year. If he keeps kicking around doing stuff, I think he'll have a shot at the nomination. Jindal, Pawlenty, Crist, and Huckabee will be there, but I doubt they'll be more than spoilers.

It'll be Mitt because the GOP will run Jeb in 2016. Not enough time for people to have forgotten GW. We forgot about HW in 8 years, not 4.

Or, even Mitt might want to wait. Unemployment numbers are starting to show signs of recovery. If things are better, no one will beat Obama. So run Palin in 12 and Mitt in 16 and then Jeb in 2020.

But Jeb & Mitt are your only chances.

Keep in mind that CEO's are more what is wrong with America than Trail lawyers are. Mitt Romney was a CEO and he loves sending jobs overseas. He also loves the oil companies, insurance companies.

Second point I'd like to make. I thought you guys said all politicians are the same. Dems are no different than Republicans.

Hey Sillybobo,

It takes a man to know the economy to be able to run the economy. Mitt has turned everything he touches into solid gold! From this Baines company that he brought from the ground up to a billion dollar organization. To the Olympics in Salt Lake City. Before he took over the Olympics it was in shambles, the committee fired the person pulling the strings and came to Romney to told him please try to just let us lose a few million dollars, since they were head at losing 100s of million. What did Mitt do. He took charge and ended up in the black for about $50 million!

Here are the odds for 2012. Note how high up Joe Biden is.

2012 Presidential Betting Odds - Bet on the 2012 Presidency

He should have been our president now! America would have been much better off!

Yea. We'd be fighting Iran too by now. But not North Korea because they don't have oil.

And jobs would be rushing overseas. China would have complete access to our markets and mexican truckers would be coming inside the US. And none of the loopholes Obama just closed would be closed.

And we wouldn't have a leader who could mend our relationships around the world after 8 years of lying to the rest of the world about why we invaded.

And we wouldn't cut any wastful spending that goes towards defense because its defense.

And healthcare costs would go up another 191%.

And gas would be at $4 a gallon again like this time last year. Today its $2.25 where I'm at.

And there would have been no oversite on the tarp funds. ZERO! You'd be left in the dark.

And he would veto anything the Dems tried to do. Yea, just what we needed. You're just a partisan hack. Now sit back and watch for 4 years and SHUT UP! :eusa_hand:

Hey Sillybobo,

It takes a man to know the economy to be able to run the economy. Mitt has turned everything he touches into solid gold! From this Baines company that he brought from the ground up to a billion dollar organization. To the Olympics in Salt Lake City. Before he took over the Olympics it was in shambles, the committee fired the person pulling the strings and came to Romney to told him please try to just let us lose a few million dollars, since they were head at losing 100s of million. What did Mitt do. He took charge and ended up in the black for about $50 million!

Yes I've heard that case made before. Should have run him and not McCain. WHEW!

He's got Michigan roots too. PLUS. Could have stole Michigan.

He's got Massachusetts roots too. PLUS Could have, maybe....

He's very good looking, speaks well, has accomplished a lot.

But his judgement is bad. He sounded just like all the other right wingers. He was the one that said Michigan was in a one state recession last year. We knew that was a lie. I've heard him. He's typical pro corporatiion but anti labor. But he will flip flop on what he did wrong the next time and say whatever he needs to say to do better I'm sure.

He's a mormon. Not a muslim who pals around with terrorists, but still weird.

I don't see how so many see Romney as being some sort of economic prodigy considering this recession blindsided him just as it did McCain and Obama.

Forum List

Back