Mitt out of touch with reality.

22566d1353027149-mitt-out-of-touch-with-reality-povertyratesbyrace.png

The GOP is doing exactly what it needs to do.

It is cutting the far right and the libertarians loose.

With regard to AFDC the figures are:

White 38.8%
Black 39.8
Hispanic 15.7
Asian 2.4
other 3.3

To break down these numbers, we look at how many Whites are in the population as a WHOLE. If Blacks make up less 14% of the population and are almost 40% of all receipients, then they represent about 2.5 times their actual population. Since Whites are over 50% of the total US pop., they represent less than their overall piece of the pie, population-wise. Hispanics are at least 15% of the general population, so they take only about as much as what their population represents. Why am I writing this? Because I am tired of the misrepresentations on this issue. I read so many on here claiming that more Whites are on welfare than Blacks (true, in terms of raw numbers), yet not accounting for the fact that there are over 4X as many Whites in this country than Blacks! In statistics, you cannot go by mere numbers. Only if the playing field is exactly equal, which is rarely is! This thread was started, not to be racist, but to keep it real. After all, there are some legitimate reasons for Blacks to

mmm

Facts About African Americans in the Food Stamp Program — Center on Budget and Policy Priorities

Fact Sheet: April 19, 2007

Facts About African Americans in the Food Stamp Program

PDF of this factsheet (2pp.)

Related Areas of Research
Food AssistanceFood Stamps

African Americans Benefit Disproportionately from the Food Stamp Program ¡öOne in three food stamp households is headed by an African American. More than a third of food stamp benefits ¡ª over $10 billion per year ¡ª are issued to African-Americans. (According to Census data, African Americans make up about 12 percent of the U.S. population.)
¡öNearly 9 million African Americans receive food stamps each month. This represents a quarter of the African American population.
¡öA typical African American family on the Food Stamp Program has income (not including food stamps) at 56 percent of the poverty line (compared to 64 percent for all food stamp households). For a family of three, 56 percent of the poverty line corresponds to a monthly income of $775, or an annual income of $9,300.
¡öFood stamps constitute 26 percent of total monthly income for a typical African American family that participates in the Food Stamp Program.
¡öOn average, African American families on the Food Stamp Program received $216 in food stamps each month in fiscal year 2005, or over $2,500 per year.
¡öAfrican Americans who qualify for food stamps are more likely to participate than other groups (73 percent participation rate, compared to 60 percent overall). Nonetheless, according to USDA, almost 3 million African Americans who are eligible for food stamps are missing out on benefits.

Food Insecurity and Poverty Remain High Among African Americans
¡öMore than one in five African American households (22.4 percent) and more than one in four African-American families with children (27.4 percent) have difficulty affording adequate food (known as ¡°food insecurity¡± in USDA research). This is almost three times the share for white, non-Hispanic households.[1]
¡öThe current economic expansion has not reached low-income African Americans. Poverty among African Americans has increased from 22.7 percent in 2001 to 24.7 percent in 2005, the most recent year for which Census data on income and poverty are available.
¡öIn addition, the recovery that began in 2001 has not increased real earnings at the lower end of the income scale. For African American workers median hourly wages have not increased in inflation adjusted terms from 2001 through 2005.

1996 Welfare Law Food Stamp Provisions Contained Deep Cuts for African Americans that Remain in Effect
¡öIn 2008, a typical African American working parent with two children will receive about $37 less in food stamps each month than they would have without the 1996 welfare law¡¯s across-the-board benefit cuts. The cuts are deepening with each passing year By 2017 the benefit cuts will cost a typical working parent of two almost $650 a year, the equivalent of more than one and a half months¡¯ worth of food stamps each year.
¡öOne of the harshest provisions of the 1996 welfare bill limited food stamps for unemployed childless adults to 3 months out of each 36-month period even when they are willing to work. A disproportionate share of the people cut off food stamps because of this provision are African American (46 percent, compared to 35 percent of the overall food stamp population, according to USDA estimates).

Mitt lost the election because he wanted to cut the free shit Off. End of story...Some ways it is kind of racist as blacks rely on it alot more then the rest of the population. A large percentage of the black population lives off of food stamps, welfare and they mostly work from government jobs. This is a fact.

72% of black males leave their girlfriends to raise the child. This leads to a high percentage of the population living off of welfare.

Defute me or tell me where I'm wrong.

Whether the 'facts' you use in support of your unexpressed conclusion are spot on or not they (1) do not tell the whole story; 2) are to be framed by this quote: "there are liars, damn liars and statistics; and are (3) used to support the prejudices of a racist.

“There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the president no matter what. All right, there are 47 percent who are with him, who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe that government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you name it. That that’s an entitlement. And the government should give it to them. And they will vote for this president no matter what. And I mean, the president starts off with 48, 49, 48—he starts off with a huge number. These are people who pay no income tax. Forty-seven percent of Americans pay no income tax. So our message of low taxes doesn’t connect. And he’ll be out there talking about tax cuts for the rich. I mean that’s what they sell every four years. And so my job is not to worry about those people—I’ll never convince them that they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives.”
Looks Like Romney Really Meant the 47% Remark

His recent comment about Black and Hispanics explains who the 47%ers were that he was talking about.
Romney: Obama won because he gave gifts to blacks, hispanics and young people during his first term - Democratic Underground

Racist ass wipe.

MITT OUT OF TOUCH WITH REALITY.

He lost the election because he did not have a plan that fit all Americans and he could not be trusted that what he said was what he meant and what he said was what he felt certain people wanted to hear at the time. He is now insulting and belittling the 47%ers by saying Afro-Americans and Hispanics voted for Obama because of all the freebies he gave them. Food stamps for Afro-Americans and free healthcare for Hispanics. Obamacare allowing children to stay on their parents healthcare until they are 26 is not a freebie. Parents have to pay a premium for then to stay on it. He gave Mass Romneycare and they still did not vote for him. The 47%er should be offended because they are hard working, temporary unemployed, the (5) million that went back to work because of the 5 million jobs created the past four year by Obama. Maybe that had something to do with why Obama won. Romney had nothing to offer America and Americans, Afro-Americans and Hispanics and other minorities that’s why he did not get their votes.
More wealthy Americans voted for Obama than Romney. More poor white folks on food stamps, welfare, SSI, Medicaid and subsidized housing voted for Romney than for Obama.
But the real reason he did not win was because he was a pathetic, sociopath, habitual, chronic compulsive liar
If he don’t know why so many Americans, Black, Hispanic and White are receiving federal, state and county assistance, he is stupider than I had ever imagined. And Bush put them in that position with his wild and reckless spending, borrowing and printing like a drunken sailor.

You twit, he insulted 51% of electorate, not 47%. Get with it.

He's still more consistent than yourself, you know nothing.

Mitt lost the election because he wanted to cut the free shit Off. End of story...Some ways it is kind of racist as blacks rely on it alot more then the rest of the population. A large percentage of the black population lives off of food stamps, welfare and they mostly work from government jobs. This is a fact.

72% of black males leave their girlfriends to raise the child. This leads to a high percentage of the population living off of welfare.

Defute me or tell me where I'm wrong.

Whether the 'facts' you use in support of your unexpressed conclusion are spot on or not they (1) do not tell the whole story; 2) are to be framed by this quote: "there are liars, damn liars and statistics; and are (3) used to support the prejudices of a racist.

So you don't have a problem with such a large percentage of blacks living off the government??? O'it's just because the one posting the data is somehow a bad guy and shit.

That isn't debate but deflection.

How do you charge such? That's what's important.

All good Americans have problems with racists like you who are trying to pull America down, Matt.

All good Americans have problems with racists like you who are trying to pull America down, Matt.

You apparently think basic arithmetic is racist:

Children Below Poverty Level by Race (2009) - U.S. Census Bureau Stat. Abstract 2012

White 9,440,000

Hispanic 5,419,000

Total 14,859,000

Black 3,919,000

Ratio 3.79

Almost 15mm (Hispanic are Caucasian), so blacks make up about a 1/3rd of that figure, which is based on our history of slavery and segregation and resistance to black advance since 1619.

It is what is.

Forum List

Back