Mitt Calls Newt "Zany"...

There's tens of trillions of dollars worth of resources on the moon, why not mine it? Seriously, All the people that whine about how we don't have unlimited resources are stuck on one tiny planet. Within the Astroid belt alone we have enough resources to last us for millions of years at least. The fresh water alone would end any worry of running out.

Seriously, it makes me want to vote for Newt. This is one of the good things about JFK. You got to be nuts to say that space isn't worth it.
No doubt man's distant future lies in space, but for now economical transportation is a problem. Before we setup mining colonies on the moon, I think we need to solve some more immediate problems.

Heramn Cain was railroaded...with no proof...and as the solid MAN he is? Chose to not drag his family through the mud...and got out. THAT showed he's a real man putting Family first...

SO? Who's left on the Conservative side?

Bachman? Santorum?

The new buzz is that Huntsman could take NH. He's a real conservative AND doesn't have Mitt or Newt's baggage.

Mirrors in space to make night time driving easier? Mining the moon? Attacking North Korea with lasers? Re-writing the entire constitution and Newt believes he is the man to lead the New America in the new civilization that he helps make?

You have to be fully nutty to support Newtie… If I were lying or making all that up that would be something but I can get the quotes if you reeeaaallly need me too…

But yes I agree, Mitt is pretty out there too... Mainly Mitt's problem is the same as Newts, they set the bar for lying and flip flopping.
What amazes me is that of all the choices Republicans have, they should end up with Newt and Romney, a couple of retreads. Apparently the Republicans are going to shoot themselves in the food again. With these guys, Obama doesn't need to defend his record.

You can keep saying that, but as long as Obama' record sucks, he'll still lose...

Not to either of those two. You're dreaming!!! :cool:

Mirrors in space to make night time driving easier? Mining the moon? Attacking North Korea with lasers? Re-writing the entire constitution and Newt believes he is the man to lead the New America in the new civilization that he helps make?

You have to be fully nutty to support Newtie… If I were lying or making all that up that would be something but I can get the quotes if you reeeaaallly need me too…

But yes I agree, Mitt is pretty out there too... Mainly Mitt's problem is the same as Newts, they set the bar for lying and flip flopping.
What amazes me is that of all the choices Republicans have, they should end up with Newt and Romney, a couple of retreads. Apparently the Republicans are going to shoot themselves in the food again. With these guys, Obama doesn't need to defend his record.

that's good cause his records sucks

You can keep saying that, but as long as Obama' record sucks, he'll still lose...
Checkout the economy in 1935, when Roosevelt won his second term by a landslide. Unemployment was 17% and economic production was 25% below it's 1929 peak. The economy was well off it's lows but weak, the voters held the Republicans responsible for the crash, and Alf Landon campaigned on wasteful government spending and a government that had grown hostile to business. Sound familiar?

Checkout the economy in 1935, when Roosevelt won his second term by a landslide. Unemployment was 17% and economic production was 25% below it's 1929 peak. The economy was well off it's lows but weak, the voters held the Republicans responsible for the crash, and Alf Landon campaigned on wasteful government spending and a government that had grown hostile to business. Sound familiar?

I've already debunked this.. several times. And you keep pretending you didn't read what I said.

We'll try one more time.

The GOP ceased to be an effective Opposition party by 1936. It held less than 25% of Congress. Only 88 seats in the House and 17 in the Senate. This is clearly not the case now, where the Dems were pretty thoroughly repudiated in the mid-terms.

Fact is, economy sucks on your watch, you are gone. Period.

I've already debunked this.. several times. And you keep pretending you didn't read what I said.

We'll try one more time.

The GOP ceased to be an effective Opposition party by 1936. It held less than 25% of Congress. Only 88 seats in the House and 17 in the Senate. This is clearly not the case now, where the Dems were pretty thoroughly repudiated in the mid-terms.

Fact is, economy sucks on your watch, you are gone. Period.
And you think the party lead by Newt is going to be effective opposition? Just as in 35, voters will hold Republicans responsible for the recession. Blaming Obama for not cleaning up the mess caused by 8 years of Republican mismanagement is not going to work. It didn't work in 35 and it won't work in 2012.

And you think the party lead by Newt is going to be effective opposition? Just as in 35, voters will hold Republicans responsible for the recession. Blaming Obama for not cleaning up the mess caused by 8 years of Republican mismanagement is not going to work. It didn't work in 35 and it won't work in 2012.

YOu know what, we aren't the same people were were in 1935.

We want instant gratification.

I think it's also kind of insulting to FDR (a Democrat I actually respect) to compare him to the Chicago Street Punk.

People are starting to see past Obama's bullshit.

I should also point out that we STILL aren't in a better place than we were when Obama took office. Not by a long shot. FDR could point to real improvement. Obama can't.

Forum List

Back