Mitt and the junk bond king

No interest in the fact that in order to PUNISH Miliken for INSIDER TRADING, the Jusitce department and Miliken were INSIDER TRADING themselves, then?

Seriously? The CONSPIRACY to defaud the public between Miliken and the Justice department doesn't mean anything to the partisans here?

Nothing at all?

It certainly seems to have given Romney new ideas about how to suck that extra ounce of blood from investors and LBO companies.

Wow, desperation.
Milikin was a major force on Wall Street. Everyone doing that kind of business in that era did something with Miliken. Nothing illegal, unethical or immoral here.
Now, you want to talk about Tony Reznik, we might have something.

1) It's "Rezko", not "reznick". I mean, gee, guy, if you can't get that right, you aren't going to get your membership to the He-Man Obama Hater's Club renewed.

2) The very fact that what Milken did was legal at the time is a major flaw in the system.

This thread is a prefect example of desperation of a failed end game move. If obama looses you aren't going to shut up, and if he wins you still want stop whining.

Wow, desperation.
Milikin was a major force on Wall Street. Everyone doing that kind of business in that era did something with Miliken. Nothing illegal, unethical or immoral here.

1) It's "Rezko", not "reznick". I mean, gee, guy, if you can't get that right, you aren't going to get your membership to the He-Man Obama Hater's Club renewed.

2) The very fact that what Milken did was legal at the time is a major flaw in the system.

3AM isn't my best time.
So there is no reason to slander Romney by associating him with Miliken except as a cheap trick out of sheer desperation.
Got it.

Romney is going to clean Obama's clock. The left wing kooks have been unmasked for total failures.

Wow, desperation.

3AM isn't my best time.
So there is no reason to slander Romney by associating him with Miliken except as a cheap trick out of sheer desperation.
Got it.

Romney is going to clean Obama's clock. The left wing kooks have been unmasked for total failures.

You ever have a good time?

Frankly, the fact he associated with people like Milken should tell you he's not on your side, he's on his...

I like that. Calling Obama the junk bond King.....It does fit well.

3AM isn't my best time.
Got it.

Frankly, the fact he associated with people like Milken should tell you he's not on your side, he's on his...

He hardly associated with him. It was a business thing. If you were dealing in bonds during that time, you talked to Mike.
The fact that you think in terms of 'sides" tells me you're a moron. Actually your posts tell me you're a moron.

3AM isn't my best time.
Got it.

He hardly associated with him. It was a business thing. If you were dealing in bonds during that time, you talked to Mike.
The fact that you think in terms of 'sides" tells me you're a moron. Actually your posts tell me you're a moron.

Well, if you stopped working against your own side, you'ld probably realize there are sides...

And Milken and Romney aren't on yours...

Big surprise. Romney did business with convicted felon, Michael Milkin.

The Obama campaign has criticized the deal as showing Romney’s eagerness to make a “profit at any cost,” because workers lost jobs, and challenged Romney’s assertion that his business background best prepares him for the presidency. Romney, meanwhile, once referred to the deal as emanating from “the glorious days of Drexel Burnham,” saying, “it was fun while it lasted,” in a little-noticed interview with American Banker magazine.
The “glorious” part, for Romney at least, was that he used junk-bond financing to turn a $10 million investment into a $175 million profit for himself, his partners, and his investors. It marked a turning point for Romney, according to Marc Wolpow, a former Drexel employee who was involved in the deal and later was hired by Romney to work at Bain Capital.

So Romney did business with him 32 years ago and we have Bill Clinton just speaking at the Milken Conference. Does that make them both bad men? :confused:

A plea is one of the first phases of a trial.

Having been charged with a felony myself at one point, I can assure you that is incorrect.

That is not shocking. Was it for tax evasion like all other liberals?

The right wingnuts aside, any connection, decades ago, means ZIP at this point. I will refrain from asking ".........was it child molestation like all the other extreme conservatives?"

You couldn't hope for a better story..if you are supporting Obama. :D

June 24, 2012|Michael Kranish and Beth Healy, Globe Staff

It was at the height of the 1980s buyout boom when Mitt Romney went in search of $300 million to finance one of the most lucrative deals he would ever manage. The man who would help provide the money was none other than the famed junk-bond king Michael Milken.

What transpired would become not just one of the most profitable leveraged buyouts of the era, but also one of the most revealing stories of Romney’s Bain Capital career. It showed how he pivoted from being a relatively cautious investor to risking his reputation for a big payoff. It is one that Romney has rarely, if ever, mentioned in his two bids for the presidency, perhaps because the Houston-based department store chain that Bain assembled later went into bankruptcy.

Mitt and the junk bond king - Boston.com

:clap2:

Big surprise. Romney did business with convicted felon, Michael Milkin.

The Obama campaign has criticized the deal as showing Romney’s eagerness to make a “profit at any cost,” because workers lost jobs, and challenged Romney’s assertion that his business background best prepares him for the presidency. Romney, meanwhile, once referred to the deal as emanating from “the glorious days of Drexel Burnham,” saying, “it was fun while it lasted,” in a little-noticed interview with American Banker magazine.
The “glorious” part, for Romney at least, was that he used junk-bond financing to turn a $10 million investment into a $175 million profit for himself, his partners, and his investors. It marked a turning point for Romney, according to Marc Wolpow, a former Drexel employee who was involved in the deal and later was hired by Romney to work at Bain Capital.

Wow, desperation.

Milken went to Jail.

I'm thinking next up is Ivan Boehsky or Bernie Madoff.

:clap2:

Forum List

Back